RM AH "Cashing out" won't be available in every region ?

Does anyone know something about this ?
    I mean, I live in Hungary, but the last thing is what I want is to miss the opportunity of RM AH "Cashing out", yet I heard scary rumours about this.

If it won't be available, does anyone know how to solve this problem ?
    Ofc without just moving to other country and play from there, that won't happen probably in my case.

Every information is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Does anyone know something about this ?
    I mean, I live in Hungary, but the last thing is what I want is to miss the opportunity of RM AH "Cashing out", yet I heard scary rumours about this.

If it won't be available, does anyone know how to solve this problem ?
    Ofc without just moving to other country and play from there, that won't happen probably in my case.

Every information is greatly appreciated!
    If you can't use it in your own region. The only way to get passed that, other than moving, is to use an ip spoofer and create an account in the region where the RMAH isn't locked. I do think it will be hard if they verify any information with Paypal, because if they do you would have to be able to create a paypal for that region too and have some sort of proof. At least you need a SSN/address when I signed up for paypal years and years ago. I suppose if you were from Canada you wouldn't need a SSN.

Then it would be a matter of using a prepaid debit card that allows direct deposit, once you do that you could have your paypal account verified. Also when registering the prepaid debit card you can then use that as "proof of address".
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-04-29 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    It seems like it locked to your own region. Europeans can only access the RMAH on the Europe server. But we've also had a few blue posts this week saying that all the legal mumbo jumbo and exact RMAH details will be coming "soon", I'd guess early next week... then we'll know 100% for sure what the deal is with the RMAH.

I believe that for legal reasons, you are restricted to the region in which you actually live though for the RMAH, but can still play and access the gold AH on other regions.

Deleted
    And don't forget... you will have to pay taxes, as it is normal income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    This is, obviously, dependent on the laws of each individual country.

As far as I understand the Finnish tax laws, any income which is "coincidental", such as poker winnings or lottery winnings, is tax free here, as long as the game is held within the EEA (European Economic Area), which means any money I make from Diablo 3 is 100% tax free.

Other countries might have similar laws.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-29 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    This is, obviously, dependent on the laws of each individual country.

As far as I understand the Finnish tax laws, any income which is "coincidental", such as poker winnings or lottery winnings, is tax free here, as long as the game is held within the EEA (European Economic Area), which means any money I make from Diablo 3 is 100% tax free.

Other countries might have similar laws.
    I would apply to all countries of the ECC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    Even if you could establish that virtual goods counted as real property (which isn't really that clear cut at the moment) then in the UK you wouldn't have to pay capital gains tax unless you made more than £8500 profit in a year. If you were taken to court for that here, you could argue your "profit" vs the "time" you spend on the game so it's not even £8500 of "sales" but £8500 of profit before you pay CGT (in the UK, can't speak for other countries). Obviously your personal income tax is different to that too.... but most countries don't have a clear legal definition of whether profits from virtual items count as taxable income.

If anyone is interested in reading an article on gamers and the law in the UK this is an excellent article written by a solicitor - http://www.gamerlaw.co.uk/2011/08/vi...al-rights.html

Here is a snippet that this article tries to address

And if virtual goods and property are to be considered as comparable to real-world counterparts how are they to be treated for tax? Should there be VAT on clothes you buy for your avatar? Should there be Stamp Duty Land Tax payable on purchases of virtual property? Or Income Tax on the profits of in-world businesses? Or Capital Gains Tax payable on profits generated from virtual property which has been developed and sold on? How is this to be regulated? Which country's tax law even applies? Where the operator or the user is based? Both?
    There are a LOT of legal/financial questions in regards to "virtual" goods, most of which remain unanswered at this time.

From What i understood from RMAH faq, if you are able to create and use a paypal account (or any other 3rd party company) from your contry, and use this for RMAH, you could be able to cash out.Because than it will be bewtween you and that company, not Blizzard.