Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Never use .avi - as simple as that.
    AVI is container, not codec or compression algorithm - as simple as that.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Never use .avi - as simple as that.
    MP4 is 54gb... And doesnt seem to work on my 3rd screen...

To give some technical tidbits...

- MPEG-4 Part 2 is the old video compression from 1999, meant for SD quality, also known as divx, xvid, h.263 and MPEG-4 Simple/Advanced Simple Profile
    - MPEG-4 Part 3 is the audio compression, also known as AAC
    - MPEG-4 Part 10 is the new video compression for HD from 2003, also known as h.264, AVC and MPEG-4 High Profile

MP4, MKV and AVI are container formats, which means you can stick almost anything inside the container with varying number of limitations. Think of it as an box for carrying stuff, and inside you have the actual video which can be a DVD disc or BluRay disc. Both fit inside the container, but the BluRay disc has significantly better picture and sound quality.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-04-29 at 08:10 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    H.264 has the best compression ratio per quality you can get actually from everything I have seen. The only reason I keep suggesting get Freemake Video Converter is because it does a damn good job converting the video. Just take your original uncompressed .avi from fraps and use that to make it. Once done it should be in great quality and size to easily upload. Plus your timing on the video will not be messed up...

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm... Just trying that Freemake Video Converter now... still comes out at 11,540mb

10+ Year Old Account
    well that is a lot better than 23gigs. But do you know the official time it really is now?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should NOT be 25GB 'after' compression, sounds like you never actually compressed.

I take the Fraps videos, the many GB that they are, .avi files, stick them in Windows Movie Maker (yeah I know it sucks shush) and use a bit rate probably about 15,000/s and I get my videos to be about maybe 1GB for a 10 minute video.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    his 1018 height is probably due to running in windowed with the taskbar up. thusly the taskbar is not part of the captured video feed.

If i remember correctly .avi is not a compressed video format.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:10 PM ----------

@ deltrusdisc
    Yes you are correct...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fraps video capture is raw data, insane data rate and consumption. No compression. 720p raw data was running 4gb/min.

You HAVE to bring them into some video editing software to , if at least compress it. 10m with 720p is around 1gb with .wmv

Windows has a very basic video editor which will suffice. Although you still have to manually upload the file to YouTube. I use Corel's VideoStudio Pro 5x, a very nice package with automated upload to YouTube along with nice DVD authoring software (lass than $100 if you want to do this regularly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to be doing this enough to spend money on it.

Anyway like I said DeltrusDisc, it started at around 150gb as RAW video+audio. I then put it in VirtualDub and used the Xvid MPEG-4codec under "Select video compression" and saved it as avi.

Sounds like a plausible explanation ApocolypticTampon, since yes. That is how I play.
    And Riaya, no it still shows the same time.

On a side note... In VirtualDub my options for video compression are:
    (Uncompressed RGB/YCbCr)
    Cinepak Codec by Radius
    ffdshow Video Codec
    Fraps Video Decompressor
    FulMotion Video Decoder
    Indeo video 5.10
    Intel Indeo Video 4.5
    Intel IYUV codec --- Detla frames "no", FOURCC code "i420", driver name "iyuv_32.dll"
    Intel IYUV codec --- Detla frames "no", FOURCC code "iyuv", driver name "iyuv_32.dll"
    Lagarith Lossless Codec
    Microsoft RLE
    Microsoft Video 1
    VP70 General Profile
    Xvid MPEG4 Codec --- Detla frames "yes", FOURCC code "yv12", driver name "xvidvfw.dll"
    Xvid MPEG4 Codec --- Detla frames "yes", FOURCC code "xvid", driver name "xvidvfw.dll"

And a recent one since I started doing some of the stuff suggested here it now also shows:
    x264vfw -H264/MPEG-4 AVC codec

Try with the x264vfw and the ratefactor at about 18-19, and you'll see massive improvement in file size. (btw, smaller RF = bigger file and better quality)
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Try with the x264vfw and the ratefactor at about 18-19, and you'll see massive improvement in file size. (btw, smaller RF = bigger file and better quality)
    Hmm... I have no options to set a ratefactor (never seen that option anywhere actually.)

Also when I started the conversion in VirtualDub this time I got:

x264vfw [warning]: Few frames probably would be lost. Ways to fix this:
    x264vfw [warning]: - if you use VirtualDub or its fork than you can enable 'VirtualDub Hack' option
    x264vfw [warning]: - you can enable 'File' output mode
    x264vfw [warning]: - you can enable 'Zero Latency' option

Nor do I have any idea where to find these options.

This is how to set it up

Trolling should be.

Easy solution:

Download the widely popular, open-source, and easy to use "Handbrake" program. It already has a wealth of codecs built in as well, so you don't need to download them and fiddle with it.

http://handbrake.fr/

Set it to H264, VBR, 5,000Kbit (double pass) and let it render.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Vesseblah,
    Although even with those options set it still comes out with a projected file size at 20GB.

I've tried Handbrake before... I couldn't get on with it.