Deleted

Nik's Computer Build (with video!)

Parts used and cost paid can be found here.

Build took a lot longer than I first thought and I had problems with one faulty stick of RAM and a bad Corsair H80. Both were replaced in two days by Overclockers UK. Can't really fault them on the service even if they wouldn't allow me to only return one stick of RAM. Initial build video can be found here.

Images of the after build can be found here: 1, 2, 3, 4 Have the system currently running @ 4.5Ghz giving me a temp of around 35-40° and fully loaded of 60-70° RAM is BIOS set at 2400 and volts for the CPU: 1.325 and RAM: 1.6232. Running a Prime95 test tonight will update with results. Expect to be stable as have ran one previously with only 24GB RAM.

CPUZ link can be found here. If you need some help feel free to ask on the livestream or send me an email over at nik@nikf.tw.

Nik.
    Last edited by mmoca6967c3bea; 2012-05-10 at 04:59 PM.

As I can see you dont have any hard drives. Do you plan on getting something or you already have those?
    Famous everywhere I go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nik,

This is what I would do with my notes at the bottom.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.90 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($142.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($95.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($541.40 @ Mac Connection)
    Case: Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl ATX Full Tower Case ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1638.58
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-04-29 20:18 EDT-0400)

If this is strictly a gaming computer you will not make use of the more expensive CPU and motherboard. This includes the Ivy Bridge 2500k equivalent processor which is supposedly an upgrade. You also didn't list a HDD or SSD so I added those.

If you wanted to upgrade the GPU potential you could change to 2x 7970 GPU's for ~2k total.

Let me know if you have questions

Deleted
    Already have a nice OCZ 64GB SSD and a 250GB + 1.5TB one.

Might look at a bigger SSD in the future are there any really amazing ones out atm? ones for the Ivy/PCI3.0 range?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a super solid build, cant really get much better withouth going into the absurd prince spectrum, but as noted above you either missed a hard driver or you'll be using one from your current pc

Deleted
    @Hapylol

Don't know why I would limit myself to an i5 or the things that you downgraded. Pretty much have no price limit on this build as it's all going on finance anyway.

It's for Gaming/Streaming (1080p)/Rendering (1080p) so needs to kinda hold up to me putting it through it's paces.

If you want a good and cheap ssd, I'd got for this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820226226. It is exactly the same as the Patriot Wildfire, but cost less (same firmware, same controller, only the name and sticker is different)
    Famous everywhere I go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nik,

You won't gain noticeable gaming performance with a 3770k or higher. If you will be rendering a lot go for it, if you want to just spend extra money go for it.

I was just saying if you ONLY plan on using it for gaming/streaming the 3570k or 2500k would suffice but its your money

I would honestly looking into multiple GPU's if you want a kick ass rig. Duel MSI 7970's would absolutely dominate every game for years @ max FPS

Deleted
    Ended up going with http://i.snag.gy/Vpg1F.jpg

Will build it live on stream on Thursday for those that are around.