Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Man. School of Hard Knocks is really tortuous

And yet, despite the odds. Despite the number of disgruntled PVPers I faced(Both Alliance and Horde), I once again came out and earned my achievement, TWICE!

I previously earned this achievement on 6 toons. With 2 new toons, I now have this on 8.

And I swear, this is really tortuous. Especially the Warsong Gulch one.

It can't be worse then the first year it was out and everyone was trying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new topic people found to beat into the ground. Awesome. I wonder how long this will last. Torture=anything I can't do in 3 minutes now. The cool thing about this? It's completely optional. If someone is an achievement hound, they bring it on themselves.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I one shotted the achievement with one toon without realizing how lucky I was.

Then I saw that everyone was complaining about it.

Got it once and I will never try it again. Fuck that shit.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsong part of the achi was by far the easiest for me, just did it with my pve gear and demospec and pretty much 2shotted the efc and returned the flag.
    Rest was a pain imo.

It isn't fun when everyone else needed it. I was lucky for an Alli friend of a Hordie who was constantly resetting the flag in AV for everyones achievements. 5 people were defending the flag in WG until we both realised we needed to help each other out and ran into the room one at a time, got the flag and died for them. Then they did the same for us. Storm was the worst for me. Everyone went straight to the flag and camped it. Eventually I managed to get it (after 3-4 runs) and get to the one base we own before dying (thanks to an ambitious rogue). Capturing a flag in AB was the easiest imo.

It ruins everything for a PVPer. Regearing my DK that i haven't touched since S9 and already have the achieve on from last year, everyone is going for the achievement on alliance and I cannot win a BG. I'm 4-22 (i can upload a reflex screenshot if you want) in BGs the past 2 days. Those four BGs were with friends.

To the poster below me, i would be running BGs and wrecking on my full cata hunter, but i really, really wanna gear my full vicious DK...
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-05-01 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    I love it. More pvp noobs to destroy.

My guild are doind teams just to farm HK's, it's ridiculous. And what's more, a lot of people seem to have the mindset of "I'll do it when everyone else has it..." so there are still loads of people trying to do it.

I'm so glad i did this a few years ago when 3 out of the 4 achievs i got from "trading" with the other faction.

Only one that took me time was the EotS one but I got it eventually

Deleted
    You have it now on 8 toons? You brought this on yourself.
    Surely it's fun to collect achievements on one character and if it is your main you should be able to pvp on it at least to complete this achievement.. but to farm it on 8 characters is clearly your own choice. Why you decided to do it when you're clearly hating doing it is another question I wont be able to answer on because it seems beyond ridiculously stupid to me.

Deleted
    I don't really see what the big deal is, i got it on the first try as soon as i got into the right BG's

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    It can't be worse then the first year it was out and everyone was trying it.
    Oh god this. I remember trying to do it a couple years ago, and the queues being like half an hour plus. Then you get in only to have to fight everyone else for the achieve goals. Needless to say, i didnt get it done then.
    Do you like daggers?

school of hard knocks is hard? stfu, trying getting perfect eots achievement without being in an organised premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The new topic people found to beat into the ground. Awesome. I wonder how long this will last. Torture=anything I can't do in 3 minutes now. The cool thing about this? It's completely optional. If someone is an achievement hound, they bring it on themselves.
    New topic? This topic makes an appearance every year. It gets extremely annoying.

Deleted
    yeah, its so hard, harder than, say loremaster or insane. Or 2700 achi in 3:s.

It's not that hard if you have patience, really. WSG one is by far the worst (imo), but, with a bit of patience, that one is quite easy too.
    What I did was just stalking the flag, pretty much at all times. Don't blow your pvp trinket - I got the flag as the fc feared everyone just as he died. Trinket, run back, return flag. Turn your click to run off if it's on so you can spamclick over the fc's head when he's on low health. Depending on latency it might be quite hard, I'd suggest closing skype, browsers etc.
    The other three are fairly easy.

I got it today

Had only the warsong one left, did the others last year. And today I got it in my first warsong game

Finaly i have "what a long trip it's been"

but I only do this on my main. Couldnt care less about alts achievements.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Half the problems I have seen is people Capping flags and the like and forgetting there Orphan

For me the Easiest was WSG, A Noob Hunter Picks up the Flag and Camo's as soon as he does, and hey presto 123 - What a Long Strange Trip it was

Deleted
    No matter how much I love blizzard, this is where I drop the bomb.

Achievement like this absolutely kills PvP in the way that 9 out of 10 people stand waiting for someone to take the flag out of both teams in WSG, its simply reta**ed.