Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    You CAN clear normal for first 7 with 9 of the people and then join the person that kept out to keep the lock for h madness.

Normal locks are on a per boss basis while an heroic lock is based on raid id, so seeing as the heroic lock only has dw alive you can join it with any number of the previous bosses killed on normal.

Killing any one of them on heroic though, creates a new heroic raid id.

this is 100% right. for you people that are saying no you cant, learn how raid id works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankram View Post
    It's just hard to understand. Spine is very repeatable.
    No it isn't. I'd bet good money on the fact that for most guilds, first few Spine kills are very chaotic and touch-and-go near the end. My guild for instance had to change the blood tank (a main spec prot pala) on our second kill; we then wiped for 3 hours before giving up and having the same guy tank bloods as on our first kill (main spec dps warr).

It is a simple, empirical fact that Spine is one of the hardest repeat kill bosses in this tier / expansion, maybe ever. The fact that it maybe was easy for YOU doesn't change that one bit.

Deleted
    I thought soft resetting the instance after killing spine normal still works? As in, kill 6/8 hc, kill spine normal, get outside instance for 30 min, then you can set madness HC.

Or did blizz fix that even though they said they knew it existed but wouldnt change it?

If you do not kill Normal Madness with your heroic lock this week and only 9 people kill the Normal bosses next week. YES you can join the 7/8 heroic save.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can kill spine, Madness dies within a day or two.

Kill it OP

As for your question, I don't think you can.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-04-30 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    We extended our lockout to kill madness because we tought that spine would be a difficult fight,yesterday we killed spine in 2 trys with a different setup and 2 people who never done it.
    If your first kill was clean (we didn't have a death) I suggest to kill it also next week

is the trick of killing 6 in Heroic, Spine in Normal and disband the raid for a soft reset still works to spawn Madness in Heroic?

AFAIK you need someone who killed HC spine to NOT get saved on that normal run, and join you when you get to Madness, and make it HC.

But, as others have said, why not kill it all on heroic and get the heroic version of the trinkets and stuff you want?

We did it back when we first killed Spine. Had 24 people form the raid with one of the raiders out of raid. Killed 7/8 on normal, all left, invited the 25th, extended the lockout, and then killed madness on heroic. So to the people saying "no" the answer is yes

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can. As long as none of the 9 of you do any heroics in a given week, the raid leader can save their toon with a 7/8 heroic lockout then invite the other 9 of you. Remember, if you kill even Morchok on heroic, then no. Make sure you really just farm normals and you're good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Sifting through the muddle of false advice, to answer your actual question. Yes 9 of you can clear the first 7 on normal, then join the person that has the heroic lock for madness.
    yes, but only if ALL are on normal, and the person with the saved lockout has to be raid leader, and maybe even first one inside, or weird things happen.

i agree with the others about just clearing heroic again, you get more loot out, all of it better, than that same loot people would upgrade from normal.

if you have already done it, again won't be nearly as painful
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

at 20% buff i'm surprised people havent tried to 5 man DS

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    at 20% buff i'm surprised people havent tried to 5 man DS
    Make farm content last longer =/ I want out of that hell hole as fast as possible haha

Deleted
    Sorry to dig this up, but it seems these answers are good xD, but how about if we farm 7 on normal with 10 people then use a alt to extend the heroic I.D will this work also?

thanks this has been a great help <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The "real question" is the one OP asked, not the one you fabricated because you don't like their idea.

OP if you're asking if what you plan is technically feasible then the answer is yes, so long as you kill nothing on heroic and one person with the lockout stays out. If you're asking if it's a good idea then IMO no but that's really up to you to decide.
    How is something fabricated when i'm repeating what he said they are actually doing? I guess reading is hard for you and participating in a conversation that involves logic is something you cannot grasp.I wont make fun of you...this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you clear 7/8 on normal, convert it to heroic, then next week extend the lock as heroic?

Deleted
    it depends on your roster and how you learned he encounter and if your Rl nailed down the timing for his calls. Our first kill was very sloppy with just 3 people allive due to a "tank fail" of our warri (got line of sight somewhere in the back and therefore couldnt intercept or whatever) and since then we never had a single whipe not even a single death on spine heck we once whiped on morchok and not at spine XD.

Spine really is just a boring fight largely based on the abillity of your rl to make the right calls on the timers and on the warri tank if you got one

just my two cents

to op: yes it works if someone got the madness save and didnt participate at the nhc kills. dispand reset instance and let the "saver" invite as rl

Deleted
    We had the same thought as you last week.
    Lost a reset thinking we could do some normal so we can progress faster on spine.
    Result was we lost a week and got stack with normal Spine and Madness

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can kill Spine, you can kill Madness.

Are you talking about 10-man? I killed Spine hc with my alt last week and Madness hc keeled over on our 4th pull. And that's a group of alts with 1-2 PuGs every week.

So... extending that ID is a waste of nice loot, imho.

But yes, you guys can go ahead and kill your normals and then join your raid leader with the extended heroic lock-out. We did that when we extended IDs for progress so that our rogue would get to collect his gems.

if you are only worried about Spine hc, then you can do the following:

[i] clear 6/8hc.
    [ii] kill spine NORMAL
    [iii] everyone from the raid group LEAVES the instance for 30mins
    [iv] pull madness hc

yes, the hard reset does work.