Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kripparian Vs. Athene

Video Description.
    After hearing about our Diablo 3 project from you guys, Athene decided to talk to us last week while we both streamed the conversation. It's a pretty long video, but there is a lot of D3 Kripp Tips, as well as several lulz. Quick note: if the last video filled your brO-quota for the week, make sure to watch this video next week instead.

I haven't got back to Athene yet (as of the posting of this video), so if you guys have a strong opinion on the matter, throw it down in the comments, or in my PM box. Thanks!
    - Kripparian

Thoughts on the two?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezooy View Post
    Thoughts on the two?
    People who are nothing wanting to be something, using "internet celebrity" as their drug of choice to get them through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessonslearned View Post
    Saying they are nothing is quite extreme. Athene has been doing many great things lately, and is trying to spread his "internet celebrity" with the community. Kripparrian has been putting out great WoW videos for a few years and also has a fair amount of subscribers.
    They're just as nothing as you and I. They're just as nothing as the hundreds of millions of other yahoos with their own video blogs and internet "fame". Their substance is defined by the number of their followers and so-called "fans". While someone who makes great music will still make great music if there's nobody to listen to it, these guys would be nothing without their mindless lemming army.

I'm not saying they're worse people than anyone else (although people like this are a bit damn annoying). I'm just saying they're no better. That's all.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-30 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    People who are nothing wanting to be something, using "internet celebrity" as their drug of choice to get them through the day.
    Saying they are nothing is quite extreme. Athene has been doing many great things lately, and is trying to spread his "internet celebrity" with the community. Kripparrian has been putting out great WoW videos for a few years and also has a fair amount of subscribers.

Deleted
    Krippy and kripparrian are on a whole diff level to athene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been watching Kripp's Hunter videos for a few years now.

Athene always annoyed me.

Deleted
    Athene is really great, his old videos still crack me up - "me? get a life, i tell them to get a life... IN GAME!"

funny as hell - I havent heard of krip but ill check him out

Deleted

They're just as nothing as you and I. They're just as nothing as the hundreds of millions of other yahoos with their own video blogs and internet "fame". Their substance is defined by the number of their followers and so-called "fans". While someone who makes great music will still make great music if there's nobody to listen to it, these guys would be nothing without their mindless lemming army.
    They aren't special and I don't think anybody as claimed them to be but what they are is ''pro gamers'' and by those terms I mean they get paid for playing and being good at video games, this is their day job I dont see what the problem is you sound terribly offended over what appears to be no reason at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    you sound terribly offended over what appears to be no reason at all.
    I'm sorry, but it's you who seems to be offended here, and definitely over no reason at all.

Last I checked, Bachir Boumaâza (Athene) was more like a wannabe showman than anything else. He's been on the Belgian Big Brother, he's the spokesperson for a Belgian political party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEE), he was on PokerStars where there was some controversy about him cheating, and so on.

He's admitted himself that the whole Athene "shtick" began as a joke, as they tried to find some way of bringing more important things to light (http://www.raketherake.com/rakeback-...ive-interview/).

I admire people who get involved in politics and are actively trying to better the world, but unfortunately these kinds of people are a drop in the ocean. That in itself is sort of ironic, since you'd think an ocean would get something actually done, and actually change things, but alas no.

Throughout the past decade, there have been quite a few "pro gamers" with their "pro videos" on youtube, in several different games and genres. It's mostly just 15 minutes of internet fame, until they're completely forgotten.

There are almost seven billion nobodies on this planet. I'm sure all of us here on these forums, as well as people like these guys belong to that group.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but it's you who seems to be offended here, and definitely over no reason at all.

Last I checked, Bachir Boumaâza (Athene) was more like a wannabe showman than anything else. He's been on the Belgian Big Brother, he's the spokesperson for a Belgian political party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEE), he was on PokerStars where there was some controversy about him cheating, and so on.

He's admitted himself that the whole Athene "shtick" began as a joke, as they tried to find some way of bringing more important things to light (http://www.raketherake.com/rakeback-...ive-interview/).

I admire people who get involved in politics and are actively trying to better the world, but unfortunately these kinds of people are a drop in the ocean. That in itself is sort of ironic, since you'd think an ocean would get something actually done, and actually change things, but alas no.

Throughout the past decade, there have been quite a few "pro gamers" with their "pro videos" on youtube, in several different games and genres. It's mostly just 15 minutes of internet fame, until they're completely forgotten.

There are almost seven billion nobodies on this planet. I'm sure all of us here on these forums, as well as people like these guys belong to that group.
    Haha how am I offended? I gave a response that showed no aggression what so ever, I simply asked why you feel so much ''hate'' for them.

They are ''nobody's'' but who cares? no one expects them to be A list celebrities, nobody expects them to cure world cancer, they are simply their for a bit of light entertainment, If you don't like them then no problem everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I was just stating that you seem to have a genuine ''hate'' for them that goes far beyond saying ''I dont like their video's'', yours seems to be a personal grudge.

They get paid for being on the internet and playing video games and this thread is about a head to head challenge, again I dont see why you have come in here trying to discredit them, it all seems a bit weird.

Athene is a guy from Antwerp. Anyone living in Belgium knows exactly what that means.

And its not something positive I can tell you.

Just put this Athene guy on /ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Athene is a guy from Antwerp. Anyone living in Belgium knows exactly what that means.
    That's like saying the West-Flemish stigma is justified as well. Gross generalization like this says more about you than it does about Athene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    yours seems to be a personal grudge
    Well, my grudge is more towards people who keep bringing guys like Athene up on forums where they wouldn't necessarily need to pop up at all, ever. It's a bit like Jehova's witnesses ringing my doorbell or preaching on some public square; I'm fine with you believing whatever BS you want, as long as you preach about it in your own home or church or whatever. Similarly I'm fine with people posing as whatever they want, posting their video blogs and whatnot, but it would be better for everyone if forum posts about them wouldn't pop up everywhere.

If their videos were professionally done and informative and meant to entertain, instead of being self-glorifying e-peen parades aimed to flame and rile up people, it wouldn't be so bad to see them on the forums.

Oh well, I guess all this is irrelevant, and I'm sort of playing for their team now, keeping this discussion about them up. Would have been better if I hadn't said anything. As usual.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-30 at 09:08 PM.

Well, my grudge is more towards people who keep bringing guys like Athene up on forums where they wouldn't necessarily need to pop up at all, ever. It's a bit like Jehova's witnesses ringing my doorbell; I'm fine with you believing whatever BS you want, as long as you don't come to my door to preach about it. Similarly I'm fine with people posing as whatever they want, posting their video blogs and whatnot, but it would be better for everyone if forum posts about them wouldn't pop up everywhere.
    Apart from this forum isn't your doorbell, it's public ground where many others may want to see and get involved with the subject/s. Just because you don't approve or want to see them or their videos doesn't mean that it'd be better for their videos not to pop up. At the end of the day if the videos were better left out or unseen then they would be.

whats kripparian??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroDan View Post
    Apart from this forum isn't your doorbell, it's public ground where many others may want to see and get involved with the subject/s. Just because you don't approve or want to see them or their videos doesn't mean that it'd be better for their videos not to pop up. At the end of the day if the videos were better left out or unseen then they would be.
    Actually who wants to follow them will do that on their own. We don't need ass kissers to spam us with garbage.

Deleted
    I didn't/don't know who these two guys are, but from the first 10 mins or so that I watched, Kripparian seems like quite a cool guy and Athene seems to be a bit full of himself and comes across as an ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stumci View Post
    I didn't/don't know who these two guys are, but from the first 10 mins or so that I watched, Kripparian seems like quite a cool guy and Athene seems to be a bit full of himself and comes across as an ass.
    you should watch athenes first videos on his channel, about him being the best pvper in the world, it is really funny, always makes me smile

Surely that's a bit contradicting seeing as the thread title clearly shows it's about 'garbage' so it's only spamming you if there's a lot of these threads and you choose to click and read them. If people know it's garbage or spam why feel the need to read it and comment? Either dont read a thread with an obvious title that will make you mad or if you read accidentally then promptly press the back button.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm not saying they're worse people than anyone else (although people like this are a bit damn annoying). I'm just saying they're no better. That's all.

Some one is jelly.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Man I for one am really excited to see how this works out, athene does usually get insane world first records. But I'm really rooting for Kripp, like he says: It's a knowledge game.