LastLast
    Deleted
    I watch both.
    I like Kripps vids.
    I like Athene's vids.
    Both seem like nice guys.
    Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There are almost seven billion nobodies on this planet. I'm sure all of us here on these forums, as well as people like these guys belong to that group.
    I know who athene is, I don't know you... you're the nobody.

Deleted
    This is going to get closed, unless people want to discuss the content of the video, the concept of the race for world first level 60 or whatever else is contained within the 1 hour 20 minute vid (sorry, I haven't watched it all).

There's no point having a thread just for people to insult a video maker they don't like. So if you don't have anything constructive to say on the actual content of the video, please don't post

> Watched it all

My money is on Kripp for world first finish of Inferno, dude seems like a great guy and a solid bro on top of that vs the asshat that is Athene (I honestly don't understand how hes funny or entertaining o.o)! Kripp is one hell of a gamer though, hes got strat making and understanding and the skill to back it, will be interesting to see if Blizz can really pull it off and make Inferno as hard as they say it will be, if so I think it will be an interesting race. Assuming Athene partakes, odds are Inferno will be as hard as they say it is and Anthene wont bother and will attempt the 60 HC as well. Hope he fails at both ;P! Good luck Kripp!

krip is all class

Deleted
    That was a rather interesting video.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will stand by Kripp. This isnt World of Tagcraft, Athene can't get carried as easily this time. Good luck Team NL!

Deleted
    People who are nothing wanting to be something, using "internet celebrity" as their drug of choice to get them through the day.

They're just as nothing as you and I. They're just as nothing as the hundreds of millions of other yahoos with their own video blogs and internet "fame". Their substance is defined by the number of their followers and so-called "fans". While someone who makes great music will still make great music if there's nobody to listen to it, these guys would be nothing without their mindless lemming army.

I'm not saying they're worse people than anyone else (although people like this are a bit damn annoying). I'm just saying they're no better. That's all.
    Couldnt agree more.

Its...sad.

Edit: I phail at editing changes.
    Last edited by ngc2440; 2012-04-30 at 01:12 PM.

Hating on Athene really is pretty sad. The guy has a brain, and he's currently directing his internet fame towards raising a million dollars for charity. How can you possibly have such a personal sounding grudge against a man who's simply made a living off making videos? The man's marketing strategies are incredible, he's an intellectual, he's funny. Are you angry because he is a better man than you?

Along with that, what makes being popular on the internet any worse, or less of an achievement than being popular on television?

OT: Kripparian will win. Pretty easy call.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    you should watch athenes first videos on his channel, about him being the best pvper in the world, it is really funny, always makes me smile
    I had the opposite reaction when I saw his first video. Subjective humor is subjective. If I had to pick one or the other I think I would lean towards Kripparian. Was one of the worlds best hunter and didn't act cocky about it (I know Athene is acting cocky as his character but it is that character that I find annoying).

Edit: Sorry Shamanic, I was really slow on posting and didn't see your post until after I clicked Post. If you want I can edit my post to nothing.

you can't make a thread involving wow-famous people without jealous people bashing. athene is a comedian who plays wow. he doesn't take himself too seriously and he seems to do a few things that are charitable at the very least. he hurts nobody, he's not shoved down your throat like a famous athlete every time you watch espn and he can be entertaining.

i have no strong opinions on the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are nothing wanting to be something, using "internet celebrity" as their drug of choice to get them through the day.

They're just as nothing as you and I. They're just as nothing as the hundreds of millions of other yahoos with their own video blogs and internet "fame". Their substance is defined by the number of their followers and so-called "fans". While someone who makes great music will still make great music if there's nobody to listen to it, these guys would be nothing without their mindless lemming army.

I'm not saying they're worse people than anyone else (although people like this are a bit damn annoying). I'm just saying they're no better. That's all.
    Internet celebrities make a lot of money now... Athene just ran a tourney with tons of prizes.. you don't give away prizes unless you're making money.

Twitch.tv pays 3$ for every 1000 viewers who see a 15 second commercial... Scarra in League of Legends (one of the best mids in the games), has had up to 12,000 viewers.

Lets say scarra plays for 10 hours online. Each hour he will run a 90s commercial, 2 30s commercials and 1-3 15s commercials. Lets say in total, he does 210 seconds of commercials every hour. That's 2100 seconds of commercials over the course of the day. That is 140x15s commercials. If he has the 12k viewers in the room, EVERYTIME he runs 1 commercial, he gets 3$ 12 times (36$)... since he ran 140 commercials over the day, (140 x 36 = $5040).

So an internet celebrity just made $5000.00 in 1 DAY of playing his favorite video game.

Think he is on to something?

Deleted
    Wasn't Kripparian the first to make the ironman challange in wow some month ago?

Hating on Athene really is pretty sad. The guy has a brain, and he's currently directing his internet fame towards raising a million dollars for charity. How can you possibly have such a personal sounding grudge against a man who's simply made a living off making videos? The man's marketing strategies are incredible, he's an intellectual, he's funny. Are you angry because he is a better man than you?
    I really don't care if he cured aids, brought world piece, and solved the world hunger problem. If you act like a tool you drop to the bottom of my like list. It's not personal, it is just how I see things. Am I going to talk smack about him and call him all sorts of names? Other than 'tool' no. People like him and I am happy that he is helping out people in need. That doesn't mean I have to like him in the least.

Ok I will stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I really don't care if he cured aids, brought world piece, and solved the world hunger problem. If you act like a tool you drop to the bottom of my like list. It's not personal, it is just how I see things. Am I going to talk smack about him and call him all sorts of names? Other than 'tool' no. People like him and I am happy that he is helping out people in need. That doesn't mean I have to like him in the least.

Ok I will stop.
    What about all the famous TV celebrities? Will Farrell? Jim Carrey? Mike Myers?? I guess all off your list for acting like idiots at times...

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post

Ok I will stop.
    It's an act.. Athene is a character. Do you really think he is the world's best paladin? Perhaps you are not as smart, then, as you might think.

I still laugh at people who falls for his "egomaniac"-side trolling. Oh man.

That said, I'm not sure who this "Kripp" is, but I wish them both the best of luck.

Athene is a showman, an entertainer.
    That always gets more attention that someone who simply focuses on their content rather than some persona or front which gets more attention than the content itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    Wasn't Kripparian the first to make the ironman challange in wow some month ago?
    Yes he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    OT: Kripparian will win. Pretty easy call.
    That’s how I see it, and I’d say the same in WoW assuming Athene actually had to do the levelling on his own and not via tagging. The fact his guild grouped up and ganked other levellers during the Cataclysm race makes me appreciate his “achievement” even less.

I’m working on the belief that in Diablo 3, he’ll have to do it on his own – for that reason, I’d imagine Kripparrian will beat him really very easily.