Thread: If Inquisition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well you said the problem was that there was too much RNG, so then your suggested solution was that you get an unnecessary buff that doesn't really make a lot of sense, and doesn't even solve the RNG problem. Still don't understand.
    Yes you are right it doesn't solve the RNG problem but it might make Ret dmg and dps fine without relaying too much on RNG procs. It will benefits mostly in situation when some players are really unlucky with procs. It also might be OP for healing point of view for all the paladins specs. So another solution might be to make inquisition only for Ret and give it a penalty of that whenever we use inquistion the mana cost of all of our healing spells increase for either 10% or 20% something like that this penalty last as long as inquistion is up.

Whats the point then, rets don't need a pointless buff, all it would do would over buff them and make holy paladins OP at healing.
    This couldn't be more wrong. You are under the assumption that Inquisition is given to all three specs, this is incorrect. Only Ret Paladins will have the ability come MoP. Prot/Holy have it removed. Before people want to make assumptions like this please look and see before you say anything about it. First it was Ret Paladins don't benefit from spell power while majority of the moves are X% AP + Y% SP and some are if X > Y or Y > X. Now it's that Holy Paladins will be OP with an Inquisition buff even if they don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This couldn't be more wrong. You are under the assumption that Inquisition is given to all three specs, this is incorrect. Only Ret Paladins will have the ability come MoP. Prot/Holy have it removed. Before people want to make assumptions like this please look and see before you say anything about it. First it was Ret Paladins don't benefit from spell power while majority of the moves are X% AP + Y% SP and some are if X > Y or Y > X. Now it's that Holy Paladins will be OP with an Inquisition buff even if they don't have it.
    OP was talking about right now though, not in MoP, currently Inq is given to all 3 specs, so my assumption is correct.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

As it stands, for MoP (especially as of the latest couple Beta builds), it seems the Hybrid classes (Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shamans), have all their ability scaling done JUST to spell power. However, at the same time, they both have a passive that increases their Spell Power equal to 50% (Ret)/ 55% (Enh) of their Attack Power, and negates the benefits of any other sources OF spell power.

This means that buffs that boost Attack Power (see: Battle Shout and it's brethren) by 10%, will do the same to their Spell Power number. This makes it so they got some decent numbers behind the limited healing spells they WILL have (Flash of Light and Word of Glory for Ret Paladins, not sure for Enhancement Shamans).

As to the remarks of Inquisition... it's Ret only, so any arguments of it's impact for Holy is voided. All it does is make it so it is a pure thoroughput for any healing spell we toss too. And to be honest, that makes sense. All the healing (all 2 spells!) that Ret can do, is Holy in nature, why shouldn't Inquisition also increase Holy healing, as well as Holy damage?

Edit: Comparing an ability for MoP to what we even have for toolkits and such on live, is a waste. So much is changing, it isn't even funny. Plus, number passes aren't done, by any measure, so that means nothing is concrete. Given that ZERO changes to any class will occur before the MoP Pre-Patch when all the new mechanics and ability systems kick in... topic of the OP is pretty much totally moot. Not to mention, the fact that the OP's topic of discussion is an idea, and not even a change in Beta, makes it doubly-moot.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-04-30 at 04:02 PM.

If anything, holy needs a dps holy power dump in MoP since they are losing Inq.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Holy Prism at level 45 says "Hi"
    Oh really? Because Holy prism is a lvl 90 talent, that does not cost holy power.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Oh really? Because Holy prism is a lvl 90 talent, that does not cost holy power.
    Yeah, it's early for me... I confused it with Eternal Flame, that while it is a HP ability, it does no damage. At the same time, I don't see them making a DPS Holy Power ability just for soloing/leveling for Holy. It would hold no value really for end-game at all.

Then why does ret/prot have access to WoG, no value at end game.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Ummm... WoG for Prot is hugely end-game valued. Ya not read up on the changes to SotR, where it grants a stacking buff to increase self-WoGs by 10% per stack, stacking 5x? Or how that very bonus gets scaled by Prot's improved Mastery? Or how WoG is off the GCD for Prot too? They have WoG and SotR for Holy Power burning spells. That is it.

Ret is there partly to provide PvP support, partly for soloing (Flash of Light is the only other baseline heal that Prot/Ret have come MoP). Ret has WoG, TV (Which can't even be used under 3 now), and Inq.

WoG is also back off of ANY CD now for Ret and Prot, too.

Holy has WoG and Light of Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Ummm... WoG for Prot is hugely end-game valued. Ya not read up on the changes to SotR, where it grants a stacking buff to increase self-WoGs by 10% per stack, stacking 5x? Or how that very bonus gets scaled by Prot's improved Mastery? Or how WoG is off the GCD for Prot too? They have WoG and SotR for Holy Power burning spells. That is it.

Ret is there partly to provide PvP support, partly for soloing (Flash of Light is the only other baseline heal that Prot/Ret have come MoP). Ret has WoG, TV (Which can't even be used under 3 now), and Inq.

WoG is also back off of ANY CD now for Ret and Prot, too.

Holy has WoG and Light of Dawn.
    That's what I'm saying, my previous post was slightly sarcastic, just because something isn't exactly what the spec is designed for doesn't mean it shouldn't have those tools. Ret, a dps spec, has the ability to heal with holy power if it wishes, why can't holy have just 1 dps holy power dump for soloing, pvp, etc.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Yeah that would be a pretty senseless buff... Holy damage and spell power would affect the same abilities, so why have both on Inquisition? If rets need a buff just buff the holy damage increase, but as of now they don't need one. So it doesn't matter. They already heal to much so making them heal even more would be silly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I love how this kid continues to post mis-information and defends it out of sheer stubbornness or claims sarcasm or "that's not what i meant" a few posts later lol.

Just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by DWguild View Post
    I love how this kid continues to post mis-information and defends it out of sheer stubbornness or claims sarcasm or "that's not what i meant" a few posts later lol.

Just give up.
    Except it was clear use of sarcasm for the point of the argument. The previous poster said that holy(a healing spec) having access to a holy power damage spell would have no Value at end-game, so I just turned it around saying ret(a dps spec) would have no use of WoG, a healing holy power spell.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    So, our damage is fine, there's RNG, but there's plenty worse specs right now.
    And your idea, is to tone our damage down, so that you can now increase inquisition's buff, so that our damage is once again fine? Why would this sound like anything worth doing? Or do you just want the buff? Yeah, no thanks.
    Last thing we need is to lose even more damage just because we didn't have inquisition up for a second or two, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we all calm down, okay? I'd rather not start smacking people for being rude.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanna say if inquisition also increase spell power per each holy power (1 holy power = 10% spell power, 2 holy power = 20% spell power, 3 holy power = 30% spell power) do you think paladin will be too OP and this change is so unacceptable?

Discuss please thanks for reading.
    Unacceptable and Overpowered. I don't need to discuss my reasoning.

Pretty sure our damage will be fine by the time beta is over and all the numbers are adjusted. No point in giving reccs on buffs quite honestly.