• Male

67 37.64%
  • Female

111 62.36%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What sex do you prefer your dog to be?

For me, I like female. I have grown up with female dogs all my life. With the exception of my uncle's hunting dogs, the male dog's I've been around either hump or piss everything they can find.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
    Time is the greatest teacher, but unfortunately, it ends up killing all of its students.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fond of female dogs, I've always loved husky girlie's they're adorable, and fun to cuddle up with ;p

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this may be the wrong forum.

Deleted
    Neutered male, I've never had a dog with humping or marking problems out of about 7 different German Shepherds.

Either, I don't really care myself since I've grown up with one male dog and one female dog. They've both been angels though the female got in a tad bit of trouble sometimes. My male dog is one of the most well behaved dogs I've ever seen. So me, either.

Female, they usually are warmer and they're lovely to pet.

They can both be nice if you train them properly.

Growing up my mother always insisted our family dogs be female. Now my dog is an enormous male bastard, the cutest most loveable monster on the face of this planet.

Male - no real reason why other then I find them to be better behaved (from my experience of about 6 dogs, 4 of which were male)

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer female dogs because I like to rub their tummies.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer females too, both cats and dogs. Main reason is that I don't like touching their dong whenever I'm carrying them (mostly applies to cats, obviously). Am I strange?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong forum. Moved to General Off-Topic

I have no preference, myself. One of my Shibas is male, the other is female.

Males.

More fun, smoother to train with (I don't own dogs just as house pets, I own them for work) and overall better looks than the females. Also a male dog can be trained to not hump or piss or even mind when females are in heat, you can't train a female dog to not have her heat. Then it's operation, and I really cba with putting every single dog that I intend to train with to the knife and perhaps alter her behaviour in a bad way from this. Not to mention that many clubs and dog events (including the ones I'm active in/used to be) forbid you to show your face with a female dog if she's in heat.

I love all dogs of course, gender aside, but females only fit me when I can have them for pure company. And I have no prejudice about them, it's only nature deciding.

So, males it is for me. And I've never had males hump everything or piss on everything. It's called training and teaching them how they should behave and not. And no, my males are not neutered. Same there, I won't put healthy dogs to the knife. Unless the dog has health issues, most behaviour can be redirected in a way that's convenient to you. This includes the need to reproduce. My dogs become more "on edge" around females in heat, but they just put that edge into their work I find.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-04-30 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I think this may be the wrong forum.
    Got anything to add to the topic, want to suggest the correct off-topic forum (seems this is the closest match eh)?

OT: I'm not really fussed on the gender of the dog to be honest, but I guess depending on breed it can make a difference, especially around young children.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2012-04-30 at 09:02 PM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Female on Smaller dogs, male on larger. When it comes to smaller dogs i find males more ugly. I have a pug and shes a female and i can tell by looking at other pugs if theyre male or not by how ugly they are lol. But on bigger dogs i just prefer male ones, the female ones look fine

Deleted
    Aesthetically, female. I'm not a big fan of lipstick.

Deleted
    Humping is the owners fault... You have to be pretty damned submissive to have a dog that humps.
    I really don't care what gender the dog is. Males tend to enjoy a good run more than females in my experience though, so I guess I go with males.
    Have two male cocker spaniels my self.

Edit: Apparently female dogs are much more likely to hump than males.
    It's not a sexual thing, it's about dominance and leadership.
    Last edited by mmoc83d498c952; 2012-04-30 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Males.. Hands down.
    Less vicious, less drama.

Female. If I never see another dog penis in my life it'll be a good life. *shivers*

EDIT: read that sentence back and it kinda sounds creepy, so here's some context:
    I only like small dogs. Small dogs like to sit in laps. When a dog jumps in my lap and rubs his dick on my leg, I don't enjoy it.
    Last edited by Youvegotfail; 2012-04-30 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I prefer females too, both cats and dogs. Main reason is that I don't like touching their dong whenever I'm carrying them (mostly applies to cats, obviously). Am I strange?
    A bit, yes if you think anything of it... :P