Thread: Tired of LoL

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tired of LoL

Just tried to all the stress that comes with this game. You can't even have fun without wondering "Am I going to get banned?".. Anyway.. Just wondering what other games I can try out? Would be a plus if they are free to play.

Title would've been better as "LF good f2p games."

I quit that game due to the idiocy of the players and Riot's method of generating money. Release an OP champ every 2 weeks, then dumb it down. I didn't fall into that business model, but it's just stupid (even if it works).
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

bloons tower defence, but watch out it is highly addictive.

Never played it, but why would you be worried about getting banned? o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Title would've been better as "LF good f2p games."
    Noes the OP must show his disslike for a certain game first, let the hatred flow through you, release your anger, strike him down and become more powerful than you ever imagined!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    I quit that game due to the idiocy of the players and Riot's method of generating money. Release an OP champ every 2 weeks, then dumb it down. I didn't fall into that business model, but it's just stupid (even if it works).
    I unlocked several champs without ever paying a dime for the game ;P but yeah the players are cwazy

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    He was a bad apple?

Really? I stopped playing LoL because the pathing engine is broken as all hell and I would rather start up SC2 and run some custom games that have similar attributes with an engine that has been nearly perfected.

Honestly I am just going to sit around and wait for DotA2 or Blizzard DotA because LoL is the CoD of the genre. Just because more people play it does not mean that it is better.

Deleted
    Dota 2 is what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you have a bad game where you don't do too well, people will report you for "Intentionally Feeding", eventually getting suspended or banned. Or if you don't pick a champion that fits into the "meta" you will be accused of a being a troll and reported. Not to mention if you say a bad word in the chat, you'll be reported for "Verbal Abuse".

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    because LoL is the CoD of the genre.
    Mind=Blown

Even as an avid lol player. Never thought of it like that before.

not sure if srs.

just to name a few viktor, sejuani, hecarim, xerath are all underpowered compared to others in their respective lane(s)

there are no broken OP champs that are being released. you wanna talk about 'overpowered' on release, shoulda been around for release xin or nasus.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    not sure if srs.

just to name a few viktor, sejuani, hecarim, xerath are all underpowered compared to others in their respective lane(s)

there are no broken OP champs that are being released. you wanna talk about 'overpowered' on release, shoulda been around for release xin or nasus.
    I quit over a year ago (right as Dominion was coming out) well before any of the champs you first listed came out. I agree about Xin and Nasus.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

find some friends to play with, get a team, play draft. i know it's hard to find reasonable ppl playing lol because it's like 50% cocky internet white boys 30% ppl who dont even speak and like 19% Portuguese ppl who just go "JAJAJAJJAJ" when you die. if your really down about it, yes quitting is an option, but if you want to give it a go with a decent team, me, my brother, and 2 friends play just about 2 games a night. we would be glad to let you fill that spot. My summoner name is Ruvk if you decide your interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from LoL to DotA2 is probably one of the worst suggestions a person could make in my opinion. As a player of both, DotA2 is very different from LoL and if the OP get's angry enough at LoL to worry about being banned for bad behavior, then he isn't going to have much fun with DotA2.

Hard to suggest any games, but personally I'm playing single player games
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Going from LoL to DotA2 is probably one of the worst suggestions a person could make in my opinion. As a player of both, DotA2 is very different from LoL and if the OP get's angry enough at LoL to worry about being banned for bad behavior, then he isn't going to have much fun with DotA2.
    You misunderstood what I was trying to explain. I don't have bad behavior when I play League of Legends. I was just explaining why it was hard, in my opinion, to have fun anymore in League. People report you for anything in that game. I could say "Holy shit" in the chat and get reported. Hell, even saying Good Game or "GG" can get you reported. No, I'm not joking, a Riot employee said you could get suspended for that if reported. It's not the game that stresses me out. It's the community. I find myself lately putting everyone on ignore, it's that bad. Or maybe I just have bad luck and always get matched with the bad apples. Not saying I never get any good people because I do, but it's rare. It's very rare to get the people who see that you are having a bad game and say "Hey, don't worry about it, just do your best". 90% of the time I get people who see me doing a bad game and then go like this "What a stupid troll. Enjoy your ban, noob" then they go into the /all chat and say "Report so and so for feeding and trolling"
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-05-02 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Oh god. I got a DotA2 invite and I've started to play it. It is so different to LoL and you can't roflstomp bots (that's a good thing, as I could never really try out different things on LoL as the match would be over way too quick). I almost gave up but then my mate got an invite. It gets infinitely better if you have someone to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    You misunderstood what I was trying to explain. I don't have bad behavior when I play League of Legends. I was just explaining why it was hard, in my opinion, to have fun anymore in League. People report you for anything in that game. I could say "Holy shit" in the chat and get reported. Hell, even saying Good Game or "GG" can get you reported. No, I'm not joking, a Riot employee said you could get suspended for that if reported. It's not the game that stresses me out. It's the community. I find myself lately putting everyone on ignore, it's that bad. Or maybe I just have bad luck and always get matched with the bad apples. Not saying I never get any good people because I do, but it's rare. It's very rare to get the people who see that you are having a bad game and say "Hey, don't worry about it, just do your best". 90% of the time I get people who see me doing a bad game and then go like this "What a stupid troll. Enjoy your ban, noob" then they go into the /all chat and say "Report so and so for feeding and trolling"
    Getting reported doesn't mean you will get banned. If you say "holy Shit" sure, some asshat might report you, but you won't get banned. You're taking it too seriously. Just play, have fun, and keep a positive attitude.

You can get banned for saying "gg noobs" or "gg easy," not just "gg." GG is common courtesy, why the hell would they ever want to think about banning for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Riots methods of making money? The last champ that felt OP on release IMO was Oriana. That was almost a year ago. They just gave out a 670 RP boost because of some inconveniences in their last patch. Yup, thats a money greedy company right there.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Riots methods of making money? The last champ that felt OP on release IMO was Oriana. That was almost a year ago. They just gave out a 670 RP boost because of some inconveniences in their last patch. Yup, thats a money greedy company right there.
    Apparently you failed to read my response to an earlier post: "I quit over a year ago (right as Dominion was coming out) well before any of the champs you first listed came out. I agree about Xin and Nasus."

Still disagreed with their business model and I have no desire to come back to the game. Don't get me wrong, I played it A LOT and loved it. But I got tired of what I said earlier.