Thread: RMAH fees

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

RMAH - Fees

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/...n-house/how-to

The RMAH transaction fees have changed a bit and are as follows:

For equipment (weapons, armor, etc) the fee when your item sells is $1.00 (guessing 1.00€), and when you transfer that money to PayPal you lose 15%(!) of the sum.

For commodities the fee when your items sell is 15%(!) of the sale price and another 15% when you transfer that money to PayPal.

FOR EQUIPMENT (weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)
    • Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item
    • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred
    FOR COMMODITIES (gems, materials, dyes, pages, recipes, and other non-unique items)

• Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): 15% of final sale price
    • Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

For example, you sell a single piece of equipment for $10 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $9
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $9, you're left with $7.65.
    You sell a single piece of equipment for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $99
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $99, you're left with $84.15.
    You sell a stack of materials (or commodities) for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes 15%, you're left with $85
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $85, you're left with $72.25.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-02 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that does sound shitty, I think the fact that you can sell items legitimately makes up for it. Besides, even the RMAH wont stop us old skool D2 kids from selling privately.

Paypal isnt Blizz exclusive =)

You're technically not selling any physical products, which means you have no overhead and no pre-cost or anything. Everything is virtual. All you are using is the initial investment in the game of $59.99 and time. Now time is very valuable, but we all know we spend tons of hours playing games with no return. Profit is made once you get your $59.99 (standard edition) back from selling items.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    While that does sound shitty, I think the fact that you can sell items legitimately makes up for it. Besides, even the RMAH wont stop us old skool D2 kids from selling privately.

If I had even a remote thought of playing D3 or selling items on the $AH, there is no reason to not seek a cheaper way to sell your items.

Just use a 3rd party site thats cheaper. It's been working well for a number of years it seems for D2, no reason to stop using them once D3 gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If I had even a remote thought of playing D3 or selling items on the $AH, there is no reason to not seek a cheaper way to sell your items.

Just use a 3rd party site thats cheaper. It's been working well for a number of years it seems for D2, no reason to stop using them once D3 gets here.
    I'd rather use a reliable, secure, and sanctioned way of doing so than some third-party unregulated nonsense.

OT: I'd like to see Blizzard's rationalization for changing over to a percentage fee for commodities. That's slightly worrying, though I could see it positively affecting sales of those due to a most likely lower fee than the straight $1 of equips. Still, they could just use a lower fee, and not go back on their word of not using percentage fees... Hmm.

The paypal fee's fine. Doesn't go to Blizzard.

We should be happy they even allow us to sell for real money....
    It might be a ripoff, but at least it's something
    Last edited by zixi; 2012-05-01 at 09:01 PM.

Oh jeez, a fee of up to ~28%?

Well stop stressing about the fee, because it'll be much more of a headache when you find out you didn't pay taxes on that money and PayPal/Blizz reported it!

"In the real-money auction house, the minimum you can list an item for is $1.25 USD (or equivalent local currency). The maximum you can set is $250 USD."

Found that quite interesting as well. Not sure what to think about that upper limit.

I Don't care about the RMAH

But 15% for the gold AH is too much.

sounds legit. bye bye jsp trolls and alt+tab system

Wait, do you have to use paypal to make a transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Pay-Pal is currently the only way to receive funds from the RMAH system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    If you want to cash out yes, you can still transfer to your blizzard balance and not incur the additional 15% fee.

The 15% cash out fee goes to Blizzard as well. Paypal is also likely to take a bit I believe they're normal fees for selling merchandise is 3% plus $0.30

From Blizzard auction hous faq: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...information#q5
    How do players get “cash” from real-money auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds go into their Battle.net Balance?
    In certain regions, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service such as PayPal to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that sending proceeds to PayPal will be subject to an additional 15% transfer fee if the auction succeeds, calculated based on the amount being transferred. Note that additional fees from PayPal may apply.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

It's going to be alot harder to hide and easier to track.

In D2 they just gave you a mule account with the items. Now they will have to trade said items in game. I'm sure they will flag accounts that do an excess amount of trading without gain.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    It's going to be alot harder to hide and easier to track.

In D2 they just gave you a mule account with the items. Now they will have to trade said items in game. I'm sure they will flag accounts that do an excess amount of trading without gain.
    Except, just like in WoW if you trade spectral tiger or say 600k for a stack of cloth. There's not a single thing they will do since you made a legit trade. Long as the talk is kept out of the game, you're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Except, just like in WoW if you trade spectral tiger or say 600k for a stack of cloth. There's not a single thing they will do since you made a legit trade. Long as the talk is kept out of the game, you're fine.
    We will see. Remember they don't have to have proof of anything. And you will be costing them money this way. I doubt they will be as lenient as wow.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, thats an arrow to the knee IMO. I had no desire to buy gear on the RMAH, but I did plan on buying/selling gold (Inferno repairs sound brutal). I feel like 15% for gold is too much, and I have an even worse feeling that Blizzard did this because they knew, in the long run, gold and gems will be the top sellers on the AH. Gold has so many uses in D3, its going to be the hottest item on the AH.

BUT, on the flip side, you cannot sell gear for under a dollar because blizzard takes a dollar as a fee for gear/equipables, but with a dollar of gold, blizzard only takes 15 cents. So Its going to be interesting to see how much gold equals one USD. I also wonder how long its going to take for the 'market' to stamp down a price that doesnt fluctuate too much.

The transfer fee is bullshit and a dollar per item doesn't make any sense, they should just charge a flat fee across the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I have to say, thats an arrow to the knee IMO. I had no desire to buy gear on the RMAH, but I did plan on buying/selling gold (Inferno repairs sound brutal). I feel like 15% for gold is too much, and I have an even worse feeling that Blizzard did this because they knew, in the long run, gold and gems will be the top sellers on the AH. Gold has so many uses in D3, its going to be the hottest item on the AH.

BUT, on the flip side, you cannot sell gear for under a dollar because blizzard takes a dollar as a fee for gear/equipables, but with a dollar of gold, blizzard only takes 15 cents. So Its going to be interesting to see how much gold equals one USD. I also wonder how long its going to take for the 'market' to stamp down a price that doesnt fluctuate too much.

Can anyone show something on this? Can you even sell gold for cash in the AH? I didn't think you would be able to.