Thread: RMAH fees

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Vryer, the amount of gold you will make will surpass repair costs by a mile, so, there won't really be a need to worry on that regards.

On the other hand, i feel disappointed with the RMAH restriction to softcore gaming. I am a hardcore die-hard fan and feel the feature would also work in hardcore. Yes, people feel upset when they die\lose the items, so hey, play properly! :P
    No it wont, not even remotely close, Blizzard has specifically said that gold is so valuable, that its "spent before it hits the ground". I think thats an exact quote.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-05-02 at 03:47 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    all i see is your all still speculating how the real money AH will work, blizz still hasnt said anything on the final costs to doing the transactions

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Pffft, just set up the deals on the side.
    Like honestly if you were gunna pay 100$ for something in this game, might as well do it so both parties are happy, and blizzard isnt!
    Hey, pay me 100 bucks and I'll sell you my Windforce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    For example, you sell a single piece of equipment for $10 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $9
    • PayPal takes 15% of the $9, you're left with $7.65.
    You sell a single piece of equipment for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $99
    • PayPal takes 15% of the $99, you're left with $84.15.
    You sell a stack of materials (or commodities) for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes 15%, you're left with $85
    • PayPal takes 15% of the $85, you're left with $72.25.
    No, that's not what it says at all. All of those fees listed are what Blizzard takes, not PayPal.

PayPal fees are extra to all that, and not specified in the blog post (other than that they exist)

PayPal fees tend to be around 20c + 5%, depending on country and the type of account you have.

So, you loot a sword and sell it for $10 - Blizzard take around $2.35 and PayPal take around 50c

Quote Originally Posted by Saram- View Post
    No, that's not what it says at all. All of those fees listed are what Blizzard takes, not PayPal.

PayPal fees are extra to all that, and not specified in the blog post (other than that they exist)

PayPal fees tend to be around 20c + 5%, depending on country and the type of account you have.

So, you loot a sword and sell it for $10 - Blizzard take around $2.35 and PayPal take around 50c
    No, the first post is completely right, you're a moron.

ModEdit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-02 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Its kinda sad thet they charge that much, but i recall Blizzard saying the RMAH was one of the reason D3 wouldn't have monthly subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by snootz View Post
    No, the first post is completely right, you're a moron.
    Sadly, that is not the case at all. Blizzard charges you if something sells, and then it charges you for cashing out. Any paypal fee's are above and beyond what's listed there. Reread the original quote carefully, Blizzard charges you 15% of the amount you wish to cash out.

Learn to check your facts before calling people names. It's been known since RMAH was announced that Blizzard was planning on charging you for cashing you. They want any money you earn to go towards their products, and if you don't, you are paying for that.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merlocker View Post
    The 15% cash out fee goes to Blizzard as well. Paypal is also likely to take a bit I believe they're normal fees for selling merchandise is 3% plus $0.30

From Blizzard auction hous faq: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...information#q5
    How do players get “cash” from real-money auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds go into their Battle.net Balance?
    In certain regions, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service such as PayPal to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that sending proceeds to PayPal will be subject to an additional 15% transfer fee if the auction succeeds, calculated based on the amount being transferred. Note that additional fees from PayPal may apply.
    Notice the bold part. Blizzard will charge you a full 15% if you wish you cash out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Sadly, that is not the case at all. Blizzard charges you if something sells, and then it charges you for cashing out. Any paypal fee's are above and beyond what's listed there. Reread the original quote carefully, Blizzard charges you 15% of the amount you wish to cash out.
    Reading from here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...0907?page=4#74

Bashiok says:

PayPal will not charge any fees for transfers to them. You'll pay a 15% transfer fee to move any funds to your PayPal account, and then whatever you do with the money after that is between you and them. But the transfer to PayPal is 15%, and that's it.
    Now, since there will not be any other fees deducted from the transfer by PayPal, one would assume that the 15% will be divvied up by Blizzard and PayPal (Activision Blizzard and eBay rather), instead of it all going to Blizzard. I mean, PayPal (eBay) will want their share, obviously.

In any case, I edited the wording of the OP so everyone can sleep tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    You're technically not selling any physical products, which means you have no overhead and no pre-cost or anything. Everything is virtual. All you are using is the initial investment in the game of $59.99 and time. Now time is very valuable, but we all know we spend tons of hours playing games with no return. Profit is made once you get your $59.99 (standard edition) back from selling items.
    This. I think people even now underestimate what a huge impact this game will have in the on line gaming scene.

---------- Post added 2012-05-02 at 08:48 AM ----------

Bashiok says:

Now, since there will not be any other fees deducted from the transfer by PayPal, one would assume that the 15% will be divvied up by Blizzard and PayPal (Activision Blizzard and eBay rather), instead of it all going to Blizzard. I mean, PayPal (eBay) will want their share, obviously.

Also good to know that in my country I can transfer my paypal money to my bank account for free. That applies to Belgium, so I guess that applies to the EU as well.

I am planning to make 30-40 euros a month by having casual fun in a video game. Crazy really.

Bashiok says:

Op also stated that these are the costs IF you want to cash out after receiving the money to your paypal.So if you wont cash out, there will only be Blizzard cut.

I love how people are moaning about the 15% transfer fee, well blizzard can always remove the ability to extract to paypal and all money just stays in ur blizzard bank?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by felix014 View Post
    Op also stated that these are the costs IF you want to cash out after receiving the money to your paypal.So if you wont cash out, there will only be Blizzard cut.
    As that is the OP, I am sure he knows what he said. Its a fact that on its most basic level paypal will not charge to receive the cash out, but its other fee's can and will kick in I am sure. Currency conversion, payment to a credit card or debit card, and micro transaction fee's. No doubt people will make paypal accounts when they didn't have one simply to have access to the RMAH, and once they get in, they are more likely to use the service which would generate more income for paypal.

Quite a good move on their part. As long as you link a bank account, and not a credit card/debit card you won't get charge very much. Even the currency conversion is pretty cheap. Slightly worry about the other possible fee's that may come into effect for people living outside the states, but we will see how it does.

And then Paypal takes half the money you have left if you want to take it out of your PP account....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    And then Paypal takes half the money you have left if you want to take it out of your PP account....lol
    Never been charged to take money out of my account
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Wow just wow. Seriously are they mad? Is Blizzard that desperately in need of money? That's a total rip off and will heavily effect RMAH transactions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    We will see. Remember they don't have to have proof of anything. And you will be costing them money this way. I doubt they will be as lenient as wow.
    Well, you can always say before trading that you like helping newbies and giving them free stuff that you don't need

If they decide to take action, that's a lot of negative publicity for Blizzard if you go public. Just imagine "Blizzard banned a player for helping others with unwanted items". So no, unless you discuss the trade in the game, there is nothing they would do.

It's funny to see complaints about the fees being too high.

Answer this: What's better, money or no money? Because that's the option legit players had before.

If you can play a game casually and make a few bucks on the side, regardless of fees, then you're ahead.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Well, you can always say before trading that you like helping newbies and giving them free stuff that you don't need

If they decide to take action, that's a lot of negative publicity for Blizzard if you go public. Just imagine "Blizzard banned a player for helping others with unwanted items". So no, unless you discuss the trade in the game, there is nothing they would do.

Yeah...... only a complete fool would believe that. look at the people that try that now in wow. They get torn apart because people know blizzard isn't like that.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Might be worth noting that you also have to have mobile alerts activated on your account now to cash out with the RMAH.

"Players who wish to use PayPal to charge up their Battle.net Balance or to “cash out” funds earned in the real-money auction house will be required to sign up for our Mobile Services & Alerts SMS authentication service in Battle.net."

For example, you sell a single piece of equipment for $10 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $9
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $9, you're left with $7.65.
    You sell a single piece of equipment for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes $1, you're left with $99
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $99, you're left with $84.15.
    You sell a stack of materials (or commodities) for $100 and then cash out to PayPal

• Blizzard takes 15%, you're left with $85
    • Sending the sum to PayPal takes 15% of the $85, you're left with $72.25.
    This isn't how it works. the third fee in each list (Transfer Fee) is only applied once and instead of the first two fees when you sell an item on the RMAH and take out the proceeds directly to Paypal or similar account. There is no "fee for selling" then "fee for transferring to Paypal", just "Fee for selling and sending to Paypal"

So the highest "loss" you suffer to the fees are 15%.

The second fee listed (Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House)) makes it sound like it's attached to all sales, but it's the fee applied when selling and taking the proceeds to the Blizzard Balance, which is where the difference is for equipment.

I also believe that Blizzard have said that there will be no system for transferring money from Blizzard Balance to Paypal or other accounts, unless it's required by law in respective countries. see this post: http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...estions-faq#q5