Where can I find Guild Wars lore?

By that I mean, where can I read up on past events in the Guild Wars lore to better understand what is going on in the games lore? I found some Wiki sites, however I just did not know where to begin, and was curious if that was my only option, if someone could point me in the right direction of where to begin reading. Thank you!

I'd recommend reading the Guild Wars 2 books, Ghosts of Ascalon and Edge of Destiny. It gives you a lot of relevant information that helps to explain some of the events leading up to the events in Guild Wars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lore Should cover most/all lore involved in Guild Wars.
    The Movement of the World should cover the 250 year between GW and GW2.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lore Has several links, one of which being a simple timeline of major events.
    Following the links throughout those should yield quite a bit more.
    Last edited by Tithonus; 2012-05-01 at 07:55 PM.

Thank you very much!

On Tales of Tyria Episode #14 we did a sort of high level overview of the recent history of Tyria as it applies to GW2. I tried to make it as interesting as possible, and not delve too deeply into minutia, but more carry the narrative of what's made the world like it is when we see it in GW2. So if you feel like listening to a little history, check it out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    On Tales of Tyria Episode #14 we did a sort of high level overview of the recent history of Tyria as it applies to GW2. I tried to make it as interesting as possible, and not delve too deeply into minutia, but more carry the narrative of what's made the world like it is when we see it in GW2. So if you feel like listening to a little history, check it out here.
    Shameless advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Shameless advertising.
    Only if it directly answers the OP's question with a helpful link :P

I also recomend the GW2 books. The writing style is not terribly artistic, but the stories themselves are quite interesting, and it does a really good job of giving you the recent backstory to the world and the characters.

Deleted
    Just been reading the lore (linked in this thread) and it really is well written, I played a bit of GW1 but never enough to get into the lore but I must say the authors have done a brilliant job.

Anyway can't write more here more lore to read :P

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the quick'n'dirty version:

"Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven