Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    AMD athlon x4 630 2.8ghz
    6gb ram
    radeon hd 6870

I ran the game pretty well for the most part. I never checked my fps, but there was only a few times (when there was at least 40-60+ people around that I could see) where I could actually notice an fps drop. Towards the end of the end beta event was the worst, but that was when everyone started to figure out where the majority of people were killing moas so they all gathered in one spot, and I was framing pretty bad, but it was much more playable than another game I've played recently when that many people gather in one spot.

Deleted
    Remember that with all the information they've gotten from people's computers this beta it will help them immensly when optimizing.

My setup is in my signature and the game didn't run very smooth in the starting areas. In Kessex Hills, the second charr area and the mists/structured pvp I ran at about 30-45 fps at max settings.

I had no problems whatsoever running the game. Anet did state that the game will be optimized before release. It was using more GPU in the build before this BWE, but the build they used for the BWE was CPU hungry. My rig is as follows and I ran everything Maxed out at 1920 x 1200 and had a solid 60 fps (used vertical Sync cause of my 28 inch monitor) was getting around 86 fps when I wasnt using vsync but was getting screen tears. Even during large events with 30+ people I had 50-60 fps.

Intel i-7 970 6 core 12 threads hyperthread
    Corsair 750 w PSU orange
    Socket 1366 running at 3.6 ghz
    Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler
    Asus Sabertooth x58 solid state capacitor board
    12 GB of Corsair DDR3 1600MHz Ram running in triple channel
    Nvidia GTX 460 x2 1gb ddr5 in SLI (I know arena net said that SLI isnt supported yet, but my SLI indicator said it was working.. had latest beta drivers)
    WD 750 gb 6gb/s sata 3.0 32mb cache, 7200 RPM HDD
    Windows 7 ultimate 64b

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Power & Cooling Silencer 1k PSU
    Asus Rampage motherboard
    i7-3930 3.8ghz
    16gb GSkill memory
    XFX 6970 gfx
    1x Intel SSD 80gb
    2x Corsair SSD 60gb
    Seagate 2tb HDD
    WD 1tb HDD
    Razer Naga
    Sidewinder Keyboard
    Windows 7 64b

Had no issue with GW2 at all. Ran at max setting with everything checked.
    This post made me giggle a little.

OT:
    EVGA GeForce GTS 450
    Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Processor
    8GB Ram
    Win7 64bit

Ran flawlessly on my 27" full screen'd. Only lag issues was latency from what I could tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked up those i7 processors to compare to mine (I am a hardware noob) and nearly had a heart attack.

i5 2500k (No OC)
    8gb ram
    Sapphire HD 6870 (also stock clocks)

Got ~60 fps in instances, caves. 30-45 while out in the world. ~20 in Hoelbrak, Divinity's Reach, LA. ~20 in big groups. Single digits while fighting that monstrous bunny. All ultra, no FXAA.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2012-05-01 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Have the same CPU, 2GB more ram and a GTX 460 OC edition and got exactly the same fps
    Your CF 7970s mean nothing in GW2!

Beta was running almost entirely through the CPU, and at that it was only using 1 core of multicore processors. Anyone with a decent CPU should have had a smooth experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    i5 2500K @ 5ghz
    2 x 6950's (flashed) in crossfire
    16gb RAM Ripjaws

Was getting:
    15 FPS in big WvW battles
    30-40 FPS in sPvP
    60-80 FPS in open world depending on how many people are around

It looks like stock clocked CPU's got better performance by a fairly large margin. Once this is fixed and the game is optimised (even running on more than 1 core will be huge) we will see massive improvements.
    The game itself doesn't seem that demanding, just that it doesnt scale to utilize higher end systems. Even people on core 2 duo's got similar results to people with beast machines.
    I didnt put GW2 on my SSD which I probably should have done but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 3.10 GHz (don't OC it, and unfortunately I couldn't unlock the 3rd/4th cores)
    RAM: 4 GB
    GFX card: ATI Radeon 5570 (forget the specifications of it, go check Newegg if you're really curious, but the game is CPU-bound right now)

Not the best rig, but once the servers were stable, I could run it on max settings in all but the most crowded of areas (Which, for now, I attribute to server stability/game optimization). It's worth noting that when running GW2, both cores would be running at about 60-70% capacity.

It's also worth noting that when killing the bunny on the overflow shard... I had like 1-10 FPS, and couldn't really run it well enough for me to do much more than spam my skills. Fortunately I was on my Warrior with a Sword in the main-hand, which means anytime I noticed my attacks were out of range, all I had to do was push 2 and I was back where I needed to be. Somehow I never died, despite seeing people around me dying.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-02 at 12:11 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Case: Fractal Design R3
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
    PSU: NZXT 750w
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ
    Drive 1: Intel Cherryville 120GB SSD
    Drive 2: Segate Barracuda 1TB 7200
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 x2
    Cooling: Custom water loop to CPU only

Ran everything maxed, and only had slight FPS issues in WvWvW, dropped down to 18-20 on big fights.
    I like waffles!

CPU: i5 750 @2.67 ghz
    Ram: 4 GB installed, think corsair not sure though, too lazy to take out and look
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

I think it might be something to do with your connection, maybe a firewall or something is slowing down your connection speed. Then again i don't know much. I do know that I have a computer that I built I think 3 years ago now maybe a little bit longer that still runs perfectly. Only time I had any lag issues was fighting that stupid shaman >.< this was with all my setting turned on high.

I'm not sure what my fps was, I didn't care to check really since I didn't notice any lag.

And the only connection issue i had at all was I logged off one night to let my wife play on the desktop instead of on her laptop and she couldn't log in for 10 min. otherwise no issues with getting in or out of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Deleted
    I understand nothing about computers at all except playing on them... My father helped me to find a computer and we both split the price to pay it, so I have no idea what i'm linking (I know a little bit, but not that much), so see for yourself.

All I can say is that I was able to play Guild Wars 2 on Ultra settings with everything maxed with no lag at all.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 3.3GHz
    8GB Ram
    DirextX 11
    AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

I feel like a complete fool to be honest to even write these things up since I have no idea about this stuff... I just like to brag I guess that I can play a game (Finally after years and years with bad computers) that I have been waiting on and actually being able to play it with no lag at all.

no lag, windows 7 64bit, 8gb ram, 2x gtx 460 1gb in sli, i5-2500k 4.2ghz

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    amd phenom II x4 @ 3.7 ghz
    8 gigs of ram
    nvidia gtx 460
    windows 7

beta was running around the normal range of 50-100 fps depending on areas. open areas obviously it was the higher end. cluttered areas with lots of people it would get down in the 50s occasionally. i had shadows turned off tho, they dont do anything for me

phenom 955 at 4ghz
    radeon 6850
    8 gb ram
    windows 7 64 bit

Never dipped below 30 fps in pvp and topped out at 75-80.

No lag. AMD X4 3.6 GHz
    AMD HD 6870
    8 Gigs DDR 3 RAM
    Windows 7 64 Bit.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    "Smooth" is a very subjective term. I was dissatisfied with the framerate I had, very dissatisfied.
    But the footage I got was good enough and relatively "smooth". Judge it yourself.
    They definitely have a lot of work to do however, I expect much better FPS in the future.

3,7 Ghz Quad-core processor.
    AMD HD 6870.
    8 GB RAM.
    Windows 7, 64-bit.
    The footage is obviously with Fraps running, which takes quite a toll as well.
    Although admittedly, I noticed no visual FPS difference with it on or off which leads me to believe even more that they have a lot of work to do since playing on high or low graphical settings made no difference of any sort either.

wow... some people here have monsters!

The game was running smoothly with my dinosaur. Everything was in medium. I don't know what was my FPS, but it was not so bad.

Intel core 2 duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz
    Ge force 9600 gt
    3 gb memory
    vista 32 bit

LOL my computer was good 4 years ago

edit: I think I need to upgrade my computer this year. Window 7, I7 and SSD's are a must. + the new graphic cards. I just need to stop eating for 3 months and i'll have my 1000$
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-05-02 at 01:32 AM.

2008 Mac Pro (running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition)
    2 x Intel E5462 (2.8GHz Quad Core)
    2 x Intel X25-M 120GB SSD's
    16GB of RAM (8 x 2GB 800 MHz FB-DIMMs)
    XFX ATI Radeon HD6950 2 GB DDR5
    30" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1600x32)

Everything ran fine, other than the fact that the game only used 1 CPU (I posted information in the performance thread), and yeah the system is a bit outdated, but it runs everything I throw at it just fine.

Some Day I have to update my systems (I also have 3 2009 Mac Pro's in my household for my wife and kids, stock dual CPU configurations with 24GB of ram (2 x Intel E5520's, 24 GB of ram (6x4GB), 640GB hard drive, ATI 4870 512 MB, 24" LED Cinema Display (1920x1200)) which also ran everything fine as well).

And yes, I have a household full of Mac's all running Windows 7 (haven't been happy with where Apple is going, won't be buying another dang apple product anytime soon, haven't ran Mac OS X on them in over a year, and when the systems become too outdated, I will buy new PC's).