Deleted

WOW FPS help/PC upgrade needed maybe??

hey guys

im a newbie here but am looking for some help here. in WOW im only able to get 20-25 fps on the good setting which is the recommended one for my machine according to the game. but if i drop to fair i get 30-35 fps. ive included the details of my machine below. i know its a basic machine but it seems powerful enough but maybe im missing something and would love some help from you guys

Model - Packard Bell S1800
    Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (System Rating 3.8)
    Motherboard - Veriton M275
    Processor - Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 3.00GHz
    Power Supply - Not sure its just the one that was already fitted when bought. maybe 300-400W?
    RAM - 3GB Dual Channel - 1X 2GB DDR 3 PC3-10700 - 1X 1GB DDR3 PC3-10700
    Graphics Card - ATI Radeon HD 4550

ive only got a single pci express slot for a graphics card so i cant have one of the big double thickness ones
    also im from the Uk so if i need to get any upgrades they need to be from within UK

if you need anymore info if anyone can help me ive got the full CPU-Z report
    Last edited by mmoc0438bebda2; 2012-05-01 at 11:50 PM.

well, to be fair, both your cpu as your gpu could use and upgrade.. as for the GPU and a single slot..the 560 GTX perhaps? and for the CPU, get a 2500k.. wont take that much money and you will be able to play it on max settings I assume

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 11:52 PM ----------

if you really dont have the space, a 460 even..

Deleted
    Well, considering it's a PB pre-built (I assume) and it's Pentium dualcore your options for upgrading are gonna be rather limited. You probably won't have the right motherboard for a decent cpu upgrade (socket can be an issue) which is probably your biggest bottleneck as WoW is mostly cpu intensive.
    Also a for a Power Supply's performance wattage isn't really the best indicator of it's quality. A decent brand is a requirement and pre-builts are rarely upgrade proof as they only accomodate small additions to keep the costs low. As far as I can tell you'd be better of building a new one from scratch if you have the funds. I personally wouldn't bother to upgrade the machine you have as it's just a waste of money. You won't notice much improvement for the money spent atleast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to build help subform, as you're looking for upgrade suggestions

Deleted
    what CPU is that 2500k?? is it amd, or intel????

Deleted
    2500k is an intel and it's not gonna fit on your motherboard. Looked it up for you; you have a LGA775 socket which means the best you can get it the older Intel Core 2 Duo and that's assuming your board can actually handle more power.

You are better off starting from scratch. To upgrade you will need:

New Motherboard
    New RAM
    New CPU
    New Video Card
    New PSU

I would also advise getting a new case as pre-builds are normally not very easy to upgrade.

My advice is to build a new PC and use your old one as a spare/server.

Deleted
    feck that. ill just have to save as funds are limited at the moment. cheers for all your help guys. i really appreciate it