Poll: is it Socially Acceptable for Men to get Manicures?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Metrosexuals are socially aceptable, yes. Why wouldnt them be aceptable?

AliG.jpg
    Fixed for missed opportunity.

Anything and everything is "socially acceptable", but it IS pretty gay though.

On the other hand, if you're into it, who gives a fuck about it being "socially" acceptable or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post

On the other hand, if you're into it, who gives a fuck about it being "socially" acceptable or not?
    I got a cousin who is gay, if I started to go on about manicures with him(which I wouldn't never had one done) he would be like "wtf are you talking about man, you are such a f*cking p*ssy". Just saying, nothing is really gay, they come in all shapes and forms my man. Don't stereotype.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Just like with pedicures, manicures are not purely/solely for a cosmetic purpose.
    They can serve medical purposes and/or relieve and prevent pain related to nails aswelll as certain problems with feet/hand itself.
    So why would it not be socially acceptable?

Ok, if you are just going there to get a French manicure (pink nails, white lining) or get them decorated.... Then it might not be THAT socially acceptable... although for me personal, do what makes you happy, I wouldn't judge you myself.

Deleted
    I dont have issues if any man wants to get it done but for me personally I wouldn't have a manicure.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post

I agree, I think it is pretty homo to get one but what ever floats your boat.

Should one of my friends do that then they would hear no end of gay jokes from the group haha.

I wouldnt judge anyone for doing it. But i do think that men are going over to more feminin things all the time, like make up, poweder and what not.
    Its not my thing, but i dont judge people for doing it.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I agree, I think it is pretty homo to get one but what ever floats your boat.

Should one of my friends do that then they would hear no end of gay jokes from the group haha.
    Well i dont think that is pretty homo..., i'm gay but i have never done these but i have 2 friends that do these and no... they aren't gay, and they don't look gay, i personally, think that it would be pretty homo if a man painted his nails

Who the hell cares.

I try to take care of my nails, though, but that's because I play guitar. I'm pretty much a barbarian in every other way

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Years ago I would have said No. But, after having a severed nail biting issue and later getting rid of the habit, I say that it is acceptable. Properly caring for yourself should never be socially unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? I get a manicure/pedicure with my mother a couple times a year. It's mostly just something my mother likes to do, and I enjoy the foot/hand/calf massage that comes along with it. Don't think there's anything unmasculine about getting your nails cut.

Now if you're putting glitter paints on your nails, that's another story, but a manicure is no more unmanly than going to get your hair cut.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the passive aggressive homophobic remarks.

Yes, it is socially acceptable. Nothing is inherently masculine or feminine, aside from sex. Do whatever the hell you want; as a great man in a wig once said, '...what other people think of me is none of my business.'.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

I think it's an age thing. If I wanted a manicure I'd go get one, and wouldn't get half a darn what anybody thought.