Page 1 of 3
LastLast

College student has to drink own urine when feds forget him in a cell

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/c...2#.T6DFd6u85o8

There is something kind of fishy about this, especially since they were right next to his cell letting other people out/in, and he was yelling and hitting on the door, how do you just forget someone in a holding cell for five days?

""When they opened the door, one of them said 'Here's the water you've been asking for," Chong said. "But I was pretty out of it at the time."

Chong also ingested a white powder DEA agents said was left in the cell accidentally and later identified as methamphetamine."

Isn't that kind of a ridiculous thing to say when they finally get him? "Here's the water you've been asking for" after supposedly "Forgetting" him in a cell for five days? How would they know he had asked for water if they did not know he was there?

And what? The DEA agents left meth in his cell? What kind of operation are they running? I do not support what he did (The whole drug ring thing) but this is just ridiculous. I hope he wins his lawsuit, and people get fired over this.

Well hell, if the DEA is accepting that they left him there, that's pretty crazy. That's not the kind of neglect you would expect from officials like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Well hell, if the DEA is accepting that they left him there, that's pretty crazy. That's not the kind of neglect you would expect from officials like that.

Yeah, and it is just a weird situation. They basically taunt him with the whole "heres the water lol" and "oops left some meth up in here..oh well this guy took care of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post

""When they opened the door, one of them said 'Here's the water you've been asking for," Chong said. "But I was pretty out of it at the time."
    This part seems a bit... strange to me. If he's out of it, suffering from severe dehydration, how does he know what they said? Or IF they even said anything.

Other than that, that's pretty depressing that they can put someone somewhere and just assume someone else took care of him rather than making sure for five damn days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This part seems a bit... strange to me. If he's out of it, suffering from severe dehydration, how does he know what they said? Or IF they even said anything.

Other than that, that's pretty depressing that they can put someone somewhere and just assume someone else took care of him rather than making sure for five damn days.
    Yeah, I think that is why he qualified it with "But I was pretty out of it at the time" if his lawyer is smart he will not mention anything like that at the hearing or anything.

Yeah, and it is just a weird situation. They basically taunt him with the whole "heres the water lol" and "oops left some meth up in here..oh well this guy took care of it!"
    At first I assumed these were secure, perhaps padded cells, where it might be possible that his banging could not be heard. And I suppose it's somehow possible that there was methamphetamine left in the cell by accident. But you're absolutely right, there's something we don't know about this incident.

Drinking urine is an incredibly bad idea in a situation like that.

Urine contains large quantities of salts, which of course have a diuretic effect, so he'll actually end up losing more water than he takes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hargir View Post
    Drinking urine is an incredibly bad idea in a situation like that.

Urine contains large quantities of salts, which of course have a diuretic effect, so he'll actually end up losing more water than he takes in.

Yeah, this guy apparently watched to much bear grylls!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Media left out a lot I'm certain. If I was in a jail cell with some white powder, almost nothing in the world would make me ingest it, at least if I knew I wasn't going to be in jail for a very large period of time.

Probably him being high on meth caused him to far over-exert himself, for all we know he went 12 hours without water and claimed to almost die of dehydration. Media takes the smallest partial truth and makes a huge story, the guy probably would like millions of dollars from the federal government so he stretched any story as well. Two exaggerated stories don't make a valid story by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Media left out a lot I'm certain. If I was in a jail cell with some white powder, almost nothing in the world would make me ingest it, at least if I knew I wasn't going to be in jail for a very large period of time.

Probably him being high on meth caused him to far over-exert himself, for all we know he went 12 hours without water and claimed to almost die of dehydration. Media takes the smallest partial truth and makes a huge story, the guy probably would like millions of dollars from the federal government so he stretched any story as well. Two exaggerated stories don't make a valid story by any means.
    Not really his fault they did an extremely bad job securing the cell..seriously, leaving meth in a cell with a prisoner? He could take it to simply try to kill himself because of the situation he was in.

And its not like this is from some random website making stuff up. I think you may be siding way to much with the federal agents in this case, there was clearly something going on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kid ate glass.

I have been without food for days. I would starve before I ate glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    The kid ate glass.

Actually the way I read it was he did not eat the glass intentinally, he just wanted to crush it so he could carve something in his arm (Equally disturbing)

The kid ate glass.

It probably had something to do with the meth.

The kid ate glass.

I figured it was accidental ingestion when he bit his glasses to break them.

Deleted
    Bear Gryllz approves this.

Considering that this guy was busted in a drug sting apparently, maybe he had something stashed on his person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I figured it was accidental ingestion when he bit his glasses to break them.
    Okay, I now get that maybe he accidentally ate the glass because he was trying to chew up his glasses to carve 'sorry mom' into his arm.

Still fucking weird. And they still have to prove that there was meth in the cell and he's not concocting some story to justify eating glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Okay, I now get that maybe he accidentally ate the glass because he was trying to chew up his glasses to carve 'sorry mom' into his arm.

Still fucking weird. And they still have to prove that there was meth in the cell and he's not concocting some story to justify eating glass.
    But he ate an appreciable amount of glass, enough to puncture his lung.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Considering that this guy was busted in a drug sting apparently, maybe he had something stashed on his person.

From the story: "Chong also ingested a white powder DEA agents said was left in the cell accidentally and later identified as methamphetamine." So even if it was his, they knew about it apparently and left it in there (oopsies!)

From the story: "Chong also ingested a white powder DEA agents said was left in the cell accidentally and later identified as methamphetamine." So even if it was his, they knew about it apparently and left it in there (oopsies!)
    I just wonder if the DEA is more concerned about appearing not to properly search those in their custody than they are about neglecting to find loose methamphetamine in one their cells.