Spec to level in from 85 - 90 in mists?

So what spec do you think will be the best/fastest/most fun to level with in mists?
    Also if you can put if you have played on the beta or not aswell, as to give some weight to your post .
    I havnt played on beta, but from what ive seen on forums/videos from beta, it looks like afflic will be the best simply because it has no quirky mechanics such as melee range or destructions "self killing arcane mage style".

Deleted
    Affliction. Atm atleast.
    I leveled 85-87 as Destruction (casting dots as Affliction made me dc) and it was boring. All you do is spam Incinerate on two mobs then one shot the third with Soul Fire (Chaos Bolt now).
    Last night I leveled 87-88 as Affliction and it was more fun. It's not like retail though where you can dot up and forget, but instead you have the option of dotting up a group of mobs and then slowly kill them with Harvest Life or nuking one target down fast with Haunt + Malefic Grasp. I'll always level as Affliction due to it's mobility and it's ability to take on multiple targets at once.

Deleted
    From what i've played so far, Destro's burst nukes mobs in 5-6 seconds, sometimes less. Ember Tap healing for 45%+ of your health, as well as my talent of choice Soul Leech, restoring a health mid-fight as well. Pro survivability combined with some rather insane burst.

If you don't like destro, I'd recommend Demo, as that was always my second favourite for levelling, although Affliction does seem to have some craziness in it that i'm going to test out when I get home.

I think Mage. No but id say demo just on how the quests are structured in the beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlesftw View Post
    I think Mage. No but id say demo just on how the quests are structured in the beta.
    Care to elaborate on that? How does quest structure give demonology the upper hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    So what spec do you think will be the best/fastest/most fun to level with in mists?
    Also if you can put if you have played on the beta or not aswell, as to give some weight to your post .
    I havnt played on beta, but from what ive seen on forums/videos from beta, it looks like afflic will be the best simply because it has no quirky mechanics such as melee range or destructions "self killing arcane mage style".
    In Beta, right now, I'm using Demonology in Dark Apotheosis. Makes it easy to keep high demonic fury, and has easy ranged "pullers" (corruption) and a nice spammable ability to group mobs and kill them. You can then use your pet and Felstorm them once you get a big group.

Also, Demonic Leap is awesome for moving around quickly in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you want really. With the Warlock re-design every spec is great for leveling. As Destro you can finally burst things down, plus you NEVER have to worry about Life Tapping since you don't ever go oom, on top of having a nasty heal with Ember Tap. As Affliction you can still multi dot like crazy and you have slightly higher mobility, even though I think it lost some of its awesomeness after losing most of the passive self healing (Siphon Life, Haunt heal and Fel Armor heal). Demo is obviously awesome with DA plus ranged pulls with Slash and Corruption, on top of the nasty movement through leap.

Deleted
    Leveled 85-87 fully in Dark Apotheosis. Absolutely no downtime with Soul Link/Soul Leech. And you only can instants. And you have cool wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Leveled 85-87 fully in Dark Apotheosis. Absolutely no downtime with Soul Link/Soul Leech. And you only can instants. And you have cool wings.
    The more I hear about it the more I want to get my hands on the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The more I hear about it the more I want to get my hands on the new content.

This. CMOONNN I WANT PANDALAND!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispotter View Post
    this. Cmoonnn i want pandaland!
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgarth View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    I lol'd...

Imo the creeps are too spread (most of the time) to be demo - I admit I haven't actually tried demo yet, so it might be a less "gather + aoe" spec than I assume it to be.
    So imo it would be affliction or destruction and since I am a fan of fire, I would pick destruction over the two. Again, the mobs are very spread, like in Cataclysm. You rarely get the opportunity to really aoe. Some 2-4 targets dotting here and there, but never a 10 target aoe, which would be what I would want as demo.

+ Destruction has some really interesting things going for it, with the Burning Embers. I'm not fussed about Ember Tap with the 3 charges on healthstone, you rarely ever need it tbh. I only used it once, and that was because I DCd while pulling 3 mobs <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    And you only can instants.
    Is Soul Fire instant when in Dark Apotheosis or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've not been in beta, but I'll be checking out the "downtime" of the different specs once patch 5.0 hits - the one with least downtime - i.e. mana recovery/self healing - will be the one I level with. Stopping to eat/drink really annoys me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    Is Soul Fire instant when in Dark Apotheosis or something?
    Nope, still has cast time and you'd only want to cast it with MC procs. That'd be the only non-instant spell you cast I guess, but I rarely need it, things died really fast anyway (maybe a bit slower now that they nerfed my Shivarran's damage ).

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I've not been in beta, but I'll be checking out the "downtime" of the different specs once patch 5.0 hits - the one with least downtime - i.e. mana recovery/self healing - will be the one I level with. Stopping to eat/drink really annoys me.
    With Soul Harvest you never have to stop to eat/drink, whatever your spec.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-05-04 at 06:57 AM.

Demo is really great for leveling. You can pull a bunch of mobs, Guldan them twice to get fast energy, Wrathstorm, Carrion Swarm, Ray of Twilight and even Immolation Aura for overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was destroying packs of mobs as demo. Affliction is also pretty fast from my experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    Demo is really great for leveling. You can pull a bunch of mobs, Guldan them twice to get fast energy, Wrathstorm, Carrion Swarm, Ray of Twilight and even Immolation Aura for overkill.
    This may be a bug (and I hope it is), but you don't get more Demonic Fury whether you have 1 or 2 stacks of Shadowflame on the target. Using 2 Gul'dan in a row is great for having a burst in Shadowflame damage, but if you want to max out Fury generation you need to wait for the first Shadowflame debuff to fade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no problems leveling as affliction from 85 to 88 --> also soulburn soulswap --> soulswap to another mob then haunt on both and then MG or drain life if one gets low drain soul to get the soul shards back
    I pulled 3 mobs most of the time and had no problems taking them down fast
    I haven't eaten anything from 85 to 87 without soul harvest so even without it I had no problems
    I was in nearly BiS gear so I cannot say how it will be for less geared locks but the 89 mobs hit relatively hard and have a lot of health