Heroic Spine - HEELP!

hey guys,

on our third night. we're still having problems with this fight, especially with the transition from 2nd to 3rd and with bloods on 3rd.

here is our wol-parse:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=1828&e=2329

our basic strat is for the first 2 platforms seems to be working right, in transition we kill as many bloods as possible , stack our raid und soak as many residues as possible. most of the tries, the raiddmg ended up being to high in the 3rd transition, resulting in deaths. on the thrid pllatform we simply get overwhelmed by the bloods.

so my questions are:

should we aoe bloods on the 3rd platform?

should we ignore soaking bloods in transitions and just roll as soon as 2(3) amalgs are there?

in transitions: kill 2 corruptions or 3?

i've noticed our rshaman has aboout 30 dispells/fight. that seems to be rather low.
    another thing i've noticed is that our best tries whrere about 12 mins long. most kill-logs are about 2 minutes shorter... any ideas there?

thanks in advance

- Dispels are... Interesting. Some fights you can have a very high amount of dispels, other tries few. Depends on where the Blood Corruption: Earth lands.
    However, he doesn't seem to be aiming at dispelling the BC:E past it's last original target? Dispelling BC:E doesn't make it turn to BC again. Keep dispelling it till it lands where he want's it to. Pref tanks(x2) > healers (x1) > melee (x1) > random.

You say you take loads of damage on the thrid roll, during bloods AoE. Don't nuke like madmen, but keep it "slow". Can be tricky with debuffhealing and all that damage from bloods... Save some raidcooldowns for it and blow them off there. Especially Link and Druid4set just as you are about to roll. It does a damn fine job for the healing at times (Makes debuff healing easier).
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

thanks,

should we assign one dps to kill bloods on 3rd platform?

Getting bloods absorbed definitely makes te 3rd plate cleaner, but it's not worth sacrificing your attempt. As you go through your second plate and your in a relatively stable healing area, have some of your dps kill a few more bloods than are required for the amalg to absorb (usually later towards the second lift or they may make it back and respawn). This should leave only a few up when you make the transition. If you can, have your bear use their 4 piece then for the increased healing, kill a few more bloods, absorb them and roll. Remember to use a healing CD for the roll.

We've had good attempts and bad attempts with cleaning up before the third plate usually it's not too huge of a deal. Our 2nd tank may just have to kite and stun or start doing it earlier.

For the corruptions, my guild kills 3 so we can keep the grip timers where we want them but I've seen people succeed with only killing two.

Dispels are dependent on where blood corruption earth ends up. If it lands on a tank as soon as death goes away then you have to dispel less. Otherwise you may have to dispel more.

Good luck
    Last edited by Sylvii; 2012-05-14 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Healers should the ones (in both 2th and third plates) saying when to aoe bloods, for example once there is only 0-1 debuffs and spirit link from one shaman is ready, aoe bloods meanwhile the party is inside spirit link totem range.

okay, thanks for the tips

The last time you have to aoe bloods dont over do it. No use to aoe 30+ bloods same time, with the dmg income from the pool and healing debuffs the over aoe can very much kill you. Tell your DPS to make sure they dont kill more bloods than you need to on last roll, not to mindlesly zerg 50 bloods same time.

In regards to the length of your attempts, the best advice I read in regards to this fight was "don't slow down for anything" and "amalgamation dps is almost important as tendon dps".

Once we changed our strat to not bothering to time the amalgamation 9 stacks with the fiery grip timer, we got our kill.
    Basically, we went to a strat of: as soon as the amalgamation is low on health and their are 9 bloods, stack the amalgamation and blow the plate. If we got fiery grip during a tendon lift, it was the responsibility of the amalgamation tank to take care of it. If the corruption had 200k or less health going into an amalgamation 9stack, our ranged just killed it during the nuclear blast cast and the amalgamation tank picked it up and held it while dpsing the tendon.

Also, after a plate blew off, we started yelling to instantly kill corruptions and as SOON as those went down, we stacked, aoe'd bloods, and rolled all at the same time. Don't wait for bloods to be aoe'd and then stack - do it all at once. For us, the blood soaking happened naturally as a result.

These two things sped up our fight time and got us our kill.

Think about it and this is especially true the further along you go in the fight: any time that you wait for anything whether it be fiery grip timer, getting bloods soaked, etc. more bloods are pouring out of the holes on DW's spine. I can't emphasize this enough towards the end of the fight, if you slow down or wait for anything, you're just letting more bloods spawn which will overwhelm you.

Last thing: I noticed from your raid composition that you're running two resto shamans. When the shit hits the fan during the final lift, have them both drop their earth elemental. The elementals will taunt/tank some of the bloods.

Here is how we handle the 2nd and 3rd plate roll.

2nd plate we kill 2 corruptions then aoe the blood down and the tanks soak up the blood, roll you should have a clean slate going into the second plate.

3rd We do the same but don't worry about killing all the bloods. Just pretty much kill some absorb roll.

Doing this will really clean the plates off and help you out on the 3rd one. Just make sure you use your healing CD's during the roll.

People make a big deal about having tendon burst but if you get your almalg dps up it will cut down on the oozes. Most people like to hero on the last amalg before they get overun.

here's a quick update:

last night we had some tries on it, still didn't manage to control the third plattform. i recognized something: on our best we'Ve gotten to 9 stacks on the amal on the first burn of the last tendon, then we fell apart. looking at our time and dmg taken, we are just way behind on time. the average kill usually takes about 11 mins max, we were at 10:45 BEFORE we got the first lift on that last plattform. we roll asap, kill the amalgamation in between 2 grips (about 1 minute per amal) and i just don't see any delay or room to improve in that area. maybe theres someting, we're doing wrong.

looking at our dmg taken i noticed, we're taking more meleedmg than any other raid does... in our best try we were at 10million melee dmg and 6 million blast dmg ... most of the time we just get killed during transition (2nd to 3rd) or very shortyl after that, as our healers just get overwhelmed by incoming dmg. we've taken as much total dmg after 2 plates as a averagy raid takes in the whole fight. absolutley clueless why.

we usually run through the first 6 bosses in 1 and a half or 2 hours. i consider our raid as average, but still think we are pretty capable of killing this fight.
    to sum up: 50 tries and still at that wall (2nd to 3rd)

our strat: bloods get tanked right on the plate, amalg in raid. we singletarget the amalg and kill it pretty quickly within 2 grips. after a tendon is downed, we kill 2 corruptions, tank the bloods into the roll-hole and aoe them as we roll, then soak residues with the amalgs... about 5-15. same thing on 2nd plattform, kill tendon, kill corruption, roll as quickly as possible.... after that it pretty much is game over, as most of our raid is hovering at about 50% or something like that. on each roll we use spiritlink + priestbubble...on 3rd we have our boonkin tranq + feral 4pc + spirit link + raidbubble.... on the 3rd plattform we nuke the amalg with our protpally kiting the bloods. if we get lucky we get to bursting the first tendon, but not before losing 2-3 players to the superheated nucleus. i have no idea why
    Last edited by schworck; 2012-05-17 at 08:54 AM.

It looks like you are using almost all of your raid CDs for that third roll. It is hard, but that leaves you very vulnerable further into that fight which is the most difficult part. If you can make it through without using them all it may help. Also though the best translations for all the spells escape me it looks like your paladin isn't using divine guardian at all (their raid wall). Our healers found having some sort of damage reduction cooldowns available for each superheated nucleus makes healing it much much easier. Once your paladin starts to kite the bloods make sure that the raid is stacked up on the Druid to let him get aggro on the new bloods. Should help with some of the melee damage taken by the raid. From your third attempt yesterday a few people died from melee rather than from superheated I think. I can't look at the logs too well from my phone while also trying to translate but hopefully that's a little bit of help.
    Last edited by Sylvii; 2012-05-17 at 01:44 PM.

Not killed it myself and maybe someone who has can confirm:
    - Amalg damage comes from ticks of superheated nucleus. Take it to superlow HP before stacking it so it ticks once or twice and dies. Less than 2 ticks is ideal, you don't want it happily AOE'ing away while you are killing the last million HP. You mentioned you are taking a lot of dmg so less ticks is a good thing. Also, chill on AoE at this time, ofc your tank needs to pick up the bloods but killing them right then is just more raid damage.
    - I'm unsure but does the nuclear blast act like a bolt on madness? i.e. the further away you are the less damage or is it a case of too close = dead and run away = fine?

For the actual blast. Too close = dead, run away = fine. Still have the pulses from the aura though.

thank u for your replies.

our total dmg taken after 2 plates is about as high as it should be after the fight. and yeah, we wait for the first grip before we roll, but after that we pretty much kill amalg asap, we acutally manage to let each amalg pulse 1-2 times max.

one thing we could improve is timing our dmg on the bloods better. we'll try rolling asap too. i'll keep you updated^^