Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class For MoP PVP

I’m trying to decide what class to arena with most in MoP. I have to choose between DK (unholy preferred), Rouge (combat preferred), and shaman (enhancement preferred). I dont know what classes are going to be good and which ones are fail please help

hard to say. rogue is always a safe bet.

Deleted
    Mage and Rogue will and has always been insanely op in most, if not all, categories. Go with one of those two and youll be safe

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    So you want us to choose a FOTM class for you in MOP (despite it being in beta no less)?

Just play whatever class you enjoy........

Rogues have always been viable in PvP, you can't go wrong with them... but COMBAT is a horrible choice, sub is the only way to go.

Whatever class that kills you and farms you for honorable kills repeatedly until you have no other choice but to ragequit, create that class, give him heirlooms, get him to level 20, then go back to whatever class you were previously playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Whatever class that kills you and farms you for honorable kills repeatedly until you have no other choice but to ragequit, create that class, give him heirlooms, get him to level 20, then go back to whatever class you were previously playing.
    This is funny because it's 100% true. Have done this so many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jflitt14 View Post
    I’m trying to decide what class to arena with most in MoP. I have to choose between DK (unholy preferred), Rouge (combat preferred), and shaman (enhancement preferred). I dont know what classes are going to be good and which ones are fail please help
    Monk. As the new class, they'll be deliberately made overpowered for the first season, just like DKs.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Monk. As the new class, they'll be deliberately made overpowered for the first season, just like DKs.
    They don't feel that way. I have a sneaking suspicion it will go the other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Honestly, the new mechanic that gets the less press is probably Detox (the remove all bleeds from target), but it may be one of the most environment-defining spells of MoP.

Think about it this way: in a single global, in negates at least half the pressure of an entire opening chain from a feral or a rogue, effectively making monks a hard counter to those two classes/specs. If monks are any good (which they should be, after all many people will roll them and Blizzard wants to keep people happy with them), then their presence in the arena is going to mean hell for rogues and ferals. Literally.
    By extension, what are the classes that suffer the most from rogues but are otherwise quite strong in the field?

Death Knights.

If you're happy playing one at the moment, I would stick to it, they are going beast mode with desecrated ground (2nd pvp trinket at lvl 90).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Maybe I'm just cynical. But Blizzard came as close as they could probably be allowed to saying DKs were intentionally made too strong at Wrath launch, and I would expect that you could explain Paladins (Ret and Holy were gross, I don't think people used Prot outside of PvE at the time) and maybe Hunters (ranged mace stun) in a similar way - they were under-represented prior to Wrath, and by making them deliberately too powerful you're going to encourage previously dissatisfied players of those classes/specs to either continue paying the monthly fee, or to return to the game.

I dunno. I wasn't really a fan of DKs at all, and I'm definitely not a fan of them adding another class. I really would wish they'd focus on really balancing out all of the existing classes, but a glorified balance patch probably wouldn't make as much money as a new class :P

EDIT: Nodata, Detox no longer affects bleeds. I think a somewhat recent beta patch changed it to disease+poison, which makes more sense anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Mage or Rogue. They've always been Blizzard's pet classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I'm not sure about PvP, but it seems they at least want to make Monk a mandatory PvE healer with the combat rez on steroids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Honestly, the new mechanic that gets the less press is probably Detox (the remove all bleeds from target), but it may be one of the most environment-defining spells of MoP.

Think about it this way: in a single global, in negates at least half the pressure of an entire opening chain from a feral or a rogue, effectively making monks a hard counter to those two classes/specs. If monks are any good (which they should be, after all many people will roll them and Blizzard wants to keep people happy with them), then their presence in the arena is going to mean hell for rogues and ferals. Literally.
    By extension, what are the classes that suffer the most from rogues but are otherwise quite strong in the field?

Death Knights.

If you're happy playing one at the moment, I would stick to it, they are going beast mode with desecrated ground (2nd pvp trinket at lvl 90).
    Too bad Detox has been changed for the last 2 or 3 beta builds and no longer removes bleeds, which was 100% necessary considering Ferals, Rogues and Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Detox got changed, no longer removes bleeds. Was just a matter of time before blizzard noticed how hard it countered ferals.

OT: High chance that rogues won't play as combat due to no abilities to counter armor. Also enchacement is pretty oddball spec that gets too much preassure from double physical so unless they get some extra help in their kiting abilities or defences you can expect it remain the same. Unholy DK is a safe bet, great spec overall and with rogues toned down and warriors buffed up variety of setups to play in will definetly increase.

I'll still be rocking my Enhance Shaman, since we got many lovely new tools and had very few things taken away
    RETH

rogue is the safest bet out of all.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Too bad Detox has been changed for the last 2 or 3 beta builds and no longer removes bleeds, which was 100% necessary considering Ferals, Rogues and Warriors.
    Considering Warrior's as of the last beta build and this beta build they only have 1 bleed which is deepwounds which is applied vis Mortal Strike or Bloodthirst and is'nt that great atm nor are rogue bleed in the long.
    Rogues have standard 3 bleeds Garrote, Rupture, Crimson Tempest. Garrote does little to no damage really and is only used for silence, Rupture doesnt do enough damage on it's own imo and Crimson Tempest hits for maybe 500 damage a tick at best cause its designed as an AoE simmilar to thrash for a Guardian/Feral
    Feral Bleed damage has also gone down slightly due to the loss of mangle debuff and they have only 3 bleeds currently with Rake Rip and Thrash, Thrash being AoE not that great and from what i have seen on targets with pvp gear bleeds arnt hitting that hard atm i believe alot of feral damage got moved to shred and to Fero Bite aswell as uping kitty survivability with fero bite glyph making it heal you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt_Darkfire View Post
    they have only 3 bleeds currently with Rake Rip and Thrash, Thrash being AoE not that great and from what i have seen on targets with pvp gear bleeds arnt hitting that hard atm i believe alot of feral damage got moved to shred and to Fero Bite aswell as uping kitty survivability with fero bite glyph making it heal you.
    And pounce bleed. But it ticks like a wet noodle.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah i knew i forgot a druid bleed somewhere and i intentionally left out Hemo dot cause i mean like whats it ticking for on live on a full resil target 20 damage ? it's there only for sanguinary vein and to stop stealthing.