10+ Year Old Account
    RIP

Legend indeed.

Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass. We will keep you updated on this story as more news is confirmed.
    Kind of eerie.

Police on the scene apparently think it was suicide.

I have to believe this is yet another case of concussion-related depression. What a tragedy.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow that was shocking. I saw that pop up on the thread roll and my jaw literally dropped. RIP Junior. One of the best ever. Shooting yourself in the chest because you want to have your brain donated is just freaking brutal.

Really interesting that TMZ has almost got the exclusive on this. ESPN is still leading with the Saints suspensions and Fox sports is quoting TMZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Junior

10+ Year Old Account
    just read, pretty sad to hear =(

Very sad to hear. He was a great player. I will miss him.

I will however, hold reservation on how he died till it's been investigated. Yes, I know Dave Duerson also committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, but I think there might be a chance of homicide here. I mean committing suicide by shooting yourself in the chest, with a shotgun... that sounds suspicious to me.

Wait... did Seau leave a message donating his brain?
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-05-02 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefmilo View Post
    Really interesting that TMZ has almost got the exclusive on this. ESPN is still leading with the Saints suspensions and Fox sports is quoting TMZ.
    Yeah I just turned on ESPN and I noticed that all the sites linking the article got it from TMZ. Kind of extra depressing.

Hmm, seems OTL is gonna talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wow that was shocking. I saw that pop up on the thread roll and my jaw literally dropped. RIP Junior. One of the best ever. Shooting yourself in the chest because you want to have your brain donated is just freaking brutal.
    Wait, what? He was donating his brain?

Back in 2011, former NFL star Dave Duerson shot himself in the chest ... and explained in his suicide note that he wanted his brain donated to a research center because he believed the blows he took to the head during his football career caused him to become mentally impaired.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-05-02 at 07:28 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is really sad and unfortunate. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Chefmilo View Post
    SVP just commented on that on the radio stream. They where trying to verify the story rather than leading with something that they didn't have the facts on. You don't just report someone dead if you can't verify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    SVP just commented on that on the radio stream. They where trying to verify the story rather than leading with something that they didn't have the facts on. You don't just report someone dead if you can't verify it.
    Fair enough. When TMZ is the only one reporting it, I'd imagine you want to verify it.

Very sad. Definitely one of the good guys.

Sad that anyone felt that desolate, alone and helpless that they felt the only way to fix it was suicide.
    Disgusts me at the same time when someone willingly takes their own life.

Deleted
    RIP, never saw him play but heard great things about him, it's horrible to think that concussions from playing sports you love can lead to people going to these measures.