Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MoP Fist Weapons and Polearms

Is there going to be any Strength fist weapons or Strength Polearms in Mists of Pandaria. Because tbh I think it's stupid that they don't have any in the first place, considering that there were fist weapons in Cata right now, they are of lower tier. Is there going to be fist weapons and polearms of all tiers in MoP?

Considering how early it is yet, no one can give you any answers. I doubt they will put in str fist weapons. The only spec that will make much use of it is a fury warrior.

They should have a system in place where you trade lets say, 2000 justice points, and an Agility Polearm to get the strength version. Much like they did with afew items in Sunwell/Sunmotes. It would be refreshing to not be confined to a specific style of weapon.

What would be really cool is having the current SWTOR system where you can remove and add enhancements to your gear. This would solve a LOT of problems with int plate, one handers, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    They should have a system in place where you trade lets say, 2000 justice points, and an Agility Polearm to get the strength version. Much like they did with afew items in Sunwell/Sunmotes. It would be refreshing to not be confined to a specific style of weapon.
    I would hate that so much.

Imagine being a hunter and losing a polearm to a paladin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post

You could win a strength sword or axe and convert it to an agility sword or axe though. :P
    (Not that it really matters since hunters won't be using melee weapons in MoP, but eh.)

You spelt feral druid wrong D:
    Hunters arent gonna be using melee weapons anymore, just range >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Most classes that utilize STR are going to be using 2H/1h swords, axes, and maces over polearms and fist weapons. Polearms have always sort of been in some weird spot, because no class really used them except for Hunters and Druids. Tank Monks are going to replace Hunters in MoP in terms of using polearms, and compete with Shaman for fist weapons. If anything, the implementation of the Monk class is good news for enhancement shaman and feral druids in terms of weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about strength fists, not sure which classes use them, but I'd love strength polearms. And honestly, more classes/specs could use strength polearms then agility polearms.

Str polearms - Ret Paladin, 2h Death Knights, Arms Warrior

Agi - Feral Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Don't know about strength fists, not sure which classes use them, but I'd love strength polearms. And honestly, more classes/specs could use strength polearms then agility polearms.

Str polearms - Ret Paladin, 2h Death Knights, Arms Warrior

Agi - Feral Druid
    Add Brewmaster Monk (and technically Guardian Druid too) to the Agi list. They tank with 2H. Windwalker Monks will be the dual-wielding Fist weapon users (the great boon for Enhancement Shamans).

And yeah, Strength Polearms, very much. Only spec who can't use them is Fury (that can use other 2H weapons).

The last polearm Strength users had (excluding the PVP 2Hs which all had AP) was in Heroic Violet Hold. There were a few times when an AP/Agi polearm could be an upgrade, but the Cata item changes killed all that. I really wish they'd make a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    The last polearm Strength users had (excluding the PVP 2Hs which all had AP) was in Heroic Violet Hold. There were a few times when an AP/Agi polearm could be an upgrade, but the Cata item changes killed all that. I really wish they'd make a comeback
    With hunters losing there melee weapons, only druids will be able to use agi polearms, whats the point then with making 1 class there own weapon type. Strength polearms will be in mop and will cater for dks, warriors, maybe monks.
    What i want to know is how wands will work in mop, are then 1h and can we use an offhand with it, why not change wands into 1h staffs.

im going 2 stay u didnt actually read the post... he said lets say u trade in 2000 JP/VP for it... so therefore how can a pali win over a hunter and vice versa since ur buying it from a vendor

and i would like to use a polearm on my dk
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought monks use fist weps and polearms/staves...aka there has to be str ones...

The agility polearm from the Lich King was the best in slot non Shadowmourne weapon for arms, loads of Arms warriors used the sunwell drop polearm back in TBC too. In TBC I used the A'lar main hand fist for the whole expansion. Fists and Polearms for melee classes (warrior in my case) were extremely popular, the fact that they stopped being put into the game is just another sign of the game going in the wrong direction.

In areas like this its like the game has to keep getting smaller and smaller because blizzard don't want to cater to unique situations (only a warrior could use it, so we just won't make it). By removing attackpower as a stat they themselves killed off the solution to the problem of having to make either strength or agility weapons, since with attack power/agility (the old model) all the classes who could use fists would be able to use the one design without taking a dps hit.

If it comes down to death knights not being able to use fists, then just change it, they changed rogues to be able to use axes for the same reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol you guys overthought everything...obviously there were strength fist weapons...Tier 11 trash drops. I just want them to implement more tiers of fist weapons and actually implement STR polearms. There would be no competition between the agi users because its strength not agi.

in MoP u as a hunter wont even use polearms. weapon slots are being downsized so all hunters will have is bows. no weapon AND a ranged weapon. just ranged. so no worries? that being said, since the only people making use of agility polearms will be druids (and maybe monks?) i feel str should come back to polearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    With hunters losing there melee weapons, only druids will be able to use agi polearms, whats the point then with making 1 class there own weapon type. Strength polearms will be in mop and will cater for dks, warriors, maybe monks.
    What i want to know is how wands will work in mop, are then 1h and can we use an offhand with it, why not change wands into 1h staffs.
    Brewmaster (tank) monks use agility staves/polearms just like feral druids. Only windwalker (DPS) monks dual-wield.

And yes, wands are 1h weapons, you can use an off-hand item with them, and your auto-attack when you have a wand equipped is shooting the wand. Not sure what you mean by 'making them 1h staffs'... that doesn't even make sense.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Most classes that utilize STR are going to be using 2H/1h swords, axes, and maces over polearms and fist weapons. Polearms have always sort of been in some weird spot, because no class really used them except for Hunters and Druids. Tank Monks are going to replace Hunters in MoP in terms of using polearms, and compete with Shaman for fist weapons. If anything, the implementation of the Monk class is good news for enhancement shaman and feral druids in terms of weapons.
    I used STR polearms when they existed along with the AGI/AP ones when they were worth using. So I'm in the camp of either adding STR based fist weapons/polearms OR allowing Transmog to work on all weapon types (any 2h -> any 2h [with exceptions for TG Fury and polearms], for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    I used STR polearms when they existed along with the AGI/AP ones when they were worth using. So I'm in the camp of either adding STR based fist weapons/polearms OR allowing Transmog to work on all weapon types (any 2h -> any 2h [with exceptions for TG Fury and polearms], for example).
    I'd love to see STR polearms make a comeback as well. Be nice if all the people who leveled a blood elf pally back in the day could USE the class's trademark weapon for transmog...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.