Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Yeah, 90% of the scientific community is clearly just trolling.
    There is a huge difference between accepting global warming and Accepting that mankind has anything more than the most marginal of an impact on it.

Anyone who doesn't believe global warming is real needs to go back to science class.
    Just as anyone who thinks mankind has a noticeable impact on it much less could alter it is a complete fool.

Of course if we did have a major impact the 4 largest reasons would be clear-cutting forests/breathing/flatulence/car exhaust
    So if you do believe mankind makes a impact on global warming a highly suggest you quit breeding as your only contributing to the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    It's been BS for a long time.
    When Darwin came up with Evolution many called it BS!

I thought Y2K destroyed our lives and the planet?! Global warming is just like that.
    Sith Juggernaught - Stealwool "The Great"
    8723 Endurance - 8123 Strength - No Buffs!
    Sabotage #1 US & EU
    Krayt Dragon - World First NM - 10/10
    <Ultra Uber> - Full Heroic Mode clear - Easymode
    Shamahaiera - 85 Shaman - 3500 Arena Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    When Harold Camping spoke of the Rapture, many people came and called it BS.

Your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post

Many call it BS even today. and a lot of the time it is the same people with both the cases of denial evolution and global warming. Some people where even willing to stand up for that the earth is flat and that the science that proves it to not be flat is also fake, humanity have been there done that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    It's been official for a very long time.
    Fixed that for ya.

Truly, I don't understand how people still have doubts about something that has been accepted by the scientific community for such an extended period of time. It's almost as if you're saying you believe Einsteins general relativity to be a hoax or something..

I'm sorry if I sound inflammatory, but I do feel strongly about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlark View Post
    Truly, I don't understand how people still have doubts about something that has been accepted by the scientific community for such an extended period of time.
    Evolution called. Creationists have been giving her a hard time for centuries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralidyn View Post
    I thought Y2K destroyed our lives and the planet?! Global warming is just like that.

i would like to have some scientific proofs on that it is a hoax. I am waiting show us a reputable science source for the claims that it is BS. If it is such a proven hoax really it shouldnt be hard to find scientific evidence for it so i am sure everyone would greatly enjoy getting to see the actual facts for once.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Evolution called. Creationists have been giving her a hard time for centuries
    Yeah, I'm not getting started on that.

Deleted
    How come Mars has warmed at the exact same rate as the Earth over the last 10-15 years? Must be all the SUVs and LCD TV's those dirty filthy Martians have eh? isn't there some way we could tax them for it?

Here's the biggest disaster facing our planet http://www.npg.org/facts/world_pop_year.htm

I kinda suspect that global warming has an awful lot to do with that big glowy thing in the sky, you know that thing that physically burns you if you stay exposed to it for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yeah... We'll send you to the Maldives to tell them that, k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    How come Mars has warmed at the exact same rate as the Earth over the last 10-15 years? Must be all the SUVs and LCD TV's those dirty filthy Martians have eh? isn't there some way we could tax them for it?

Here's the biggest disaster facing our planet http://www.npg.org/facts/world_pop_year.htm

I kinda suspect that global warming has an awful lot to do with that big glowy thing in the sky, you know that thing that physically burns you if you stay exposed to it for too long.
    You mean the one that is growing and sucking all the planets closer to it?? Nah cant be that... :P

people who are ignoring this ... prefer to see the world get destroyed ... well ... they gonna find someone to blame but not themselves because we love blaming other for stupid this that we done.
    Human damage this planet ... and well you don`t care ...

Deleted
    you are from the usa?
    i don't know your media so maybe you are just watching bad channels...
    but global warming is something that is known and proven for decades.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate...limatic_change
    Some references to respectable journals debunking this.
    Also, all the references stating that it could be solardriven climate change on Mars mention just one person.
    Doesn't sound likely to me.

Deleted
    Anyone that says the 'science is settled' and undeniable fact that cannot and will not be challenged is not a scientist.

Fixed that for ya.

Truly, I don't understand how people still have doubts about something that has been accepted by the scientific community for such an extended period of time. It's almost as if you're saying you believe Einsteins general relativity to be a hoax or something..

I'm sorry if I sound inflammatory, but I do feel strongly about this.
    http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...094665,00.html

its as "official" as women's health care
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Does it really matter? 'Going green' is good anyway. Or is that bullshit too? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for ya.

Truly, I don't understand how people still have doubts about something that has been accepted by the scientific community for such an extended period of time.
    Some reasons why people still have doubts are :

- NOT ALL researchers agree will GW theories, there are few but they exist, they do not always say stupid things.
    - Ecological parties are mostly (at least in some countries in Europe) radical parties, if you don't agree with radical political theories, you might consider GW like another BS.
    - If GW is true, people need to change their way of life to face it : they don't want to change their way of life ---> they prefer not to believe in GW.

IMHO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pouca View Post
    Some reasons why people still have doubts are :

- NOT ALL researchers agree will GW theories, there are few but they exist, they do not always say stupid things.
    I cannot think of any, that have an interesting counter-theory. Not one.
    Science is about "the best explanation". And the best explanation, even if you don't want it to be true, IS anthropogenic global warming.

- Ecological parties are mostly (at least in some countries in Europe) radical parties, if you don't agree with radical political theories, you might consider GW like another BS.
    You cannot use political viewpoints to counter-argue science.

- If GW is true, people need to change their way of life to face it : they don't want to change their way of life ---> they prefer not to believe in GW.
    This is the only reason I see for opponents to be opponents.

How come Mars has warmed at the exact same rate as the Earth over the last 10-15 years?
    It hasn't.

Must be all the SUVs and LCD TV's those dirty filthy Martians have eh?
    No, you are talking about a couple of measurements taken during a sand storm.

Tell me: What is this NEW type of radiation, that the sun has now started sending out - that can cause heating on the Earth and on Mars, but is COMPLETELY INVISIBLE AND UNDETECTABLE TO ALL OF OUR OBSERVATORIES, BOTH GROUNDBASED AND SPACEBASED?!

/facepalm
    Last edited by mmoc7805351bd4; 2012-05-03 at 01:11 PM.