Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    Global warming is as conclusive as bigfoot.

There is much more need of tangible evidence.
    Funny how all the armchair deniers in this thread write 10 word elaborations like this, ignoring all the evidence already posted by the ones in this thread (aside from the scientific community.

Just to not be like the deniers, I'll post a reference too. Here's one that refutes all the counter arguments commonly used by the carbon lobby and it's puppets like Fox.

The good thing is that it is readable even if you don't have any scientific training:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

There is conclusive scientific evidence that shows that the cause of current global warming is anthropogenic. The reason there appears to be so much contention regarding this is that it has been used as a political talking point in the US where the regulation required to combat the problem conflicts with the conservative right's ideology. Since there is such a strong left/right split nowadays, it is easy to spread misinformation regarding the legitimacy of scientific data. The facts, however, are still there for people who can put their political grievances aside. In my opinion, the question on this issue should not be whether or not global warming is anthropogenic, but rather what would be the best way to combat the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Funny how all the armchair deniers in this thread write 10 word elaborations like this, ignoring all the evidence already posted by the ones in this thread (aside from the scientific community.

Just to not be like the deniers, I'll post a reference too. Here's one that refutes all the counter arguments commonly used by the carbon lobby and it's puppets like Fox.

The good thing is that it is readable even if you don't have any scientific training:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

It's almost as funny as the people whose argument is 'Because it says so on the internet'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    It's almost as funny as the people whose argument is 'Because it says so on the internet'
    I agree 100% with that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Every time i watch tv everyone seems to have this acceptance attitude that there is global warming. It seems to be everywhere, even in advertisement. Instead of it's coming everyone is like it's here. Yet i don't recall anything official announced?

I believe the Sun has a far greater influence on your climate than anything we do so I won't believe man made global warming until it's official.

So have i missed anything or is it just companies trying to cash in on going green?
    Global warming is not man made, I will say it might have sped it up.
    It's a natural occurrence. Even most of the scientists that said it was caused by man have said otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    There is conclusive scientific evidence that shows that the cause of current global warming is anthropogenic. The reason there appears to be so much contention regarding this is that it has been used as a political talking point in the US where the regulation required to combat the problem conflicts with the conservative right's ideology. Since there is such a strong left/right split nowadays, it is easy to spread misinformation regarding the legitimacy of scientific data. The facts, however, are still there for people who can put their political grievances aside. In my opinion, the question on this issue should not be whether or not global warming is anthropogenic, but rather what would be the best way to combat the problem.
    Source? 10 chars

Your logic also pertains to written work...

Thats why we have data and references...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthaslol View Post
    Global Warming is a real thing. It was already scientificaly proven that the only thing humans do is speed up the progress, and are not the cause of it. Global climate change is something that's bound to happen over a long period of time and has happened multiple times in the history of earth already. With this I don't mean we shouldn't take any action to reduce the speed at wich it is happening as we can't entirely stop it though. :P
    Really what this guy said, but honestly: gobal warming and chilling is part of earth cyclone over last million ---> billion years. It always change according to the sun, atmosphere/ozone layer, amount of CO2, n etc. There is more than one factor due to it and now you add human and their intensive chemical plus green house effect to the mix, yeah we're speeding up the whole process. Instead of just looking at it black and white, consider the gray area as well

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only funny when it's not backed up with scientific evidence, though.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 05:47 PM ----------

Source? 10 chars
    I'm pretty sure you can find a lot of sources in the past 20 pages of this thread. Don't be lazy, now.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Source? 10 chars
    Consider the time of when the industry really get started in america as you look at this chart.

https://www2.ucar.edu/sites/default/...95-2010-sm.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Global warming is as conclusive as bigfoot.

There is much more need of tangible evidence.
    Wrong. To repeat countless others in this thread:

It is a scientific fact that global warming is occuring. HOWEVER, the cause of said warming is unknown - some speculate human activity, but this has not been proven.

Yes it's happening, but we don't know whether humans cause it - and that's where the argument is, because uninformed people say that "we humans are causing global warming and it's terrible the poor rare south american woodchuck manbearpig is losing its breeding grounds"

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Consider the time of when the industry really get started in america as you look at this chart.

https://www2.ucar.edu/sites/default/...95-2010-sm.jpg
    Correlation does not prove causation. They teach you that at age 13 around here. A may rise as B does, but that does not definitively prove that B causes a rise in A.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-05-03 at 09:51 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys serious? It's obviously true. Look at deserts, water, temperatures, glaciers, etc. It may not be apparent in America, but it's very true.

Yes, it exists. The climate is always in cycles. Right now we're a peak. The problem is that even though we're at a peak, temperatures continue to rise higher than they've ever been in human history (instead of falling back as part of the cycle).

There are many solutions to help the Earth. The question is how drastic/risky of an option we want to use. Some passive solutions include planting a massive number of trees everywhere. Some extreme solutions include literally flying rockets to spray massive amounts of ozone into the atmosphere (where too much Ozone could be very bad).
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2012-05-03 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    it's puppets like Fox.
    So you cite the link and still feel the need to bash intelligence based on what news people watch. You're an internet warrior yourself.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

3 facts to settle this.

fact 1. the planet IS heating up globally.

fact 2. it is a natural process.

fact 3. humans HAVE greatly speedup the rate at which the planet has been warming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Are you guys serious? It's obviously true. Look at deserts, water, temperatures, glaciers, etc. It may not be apparent in America, but it's very true.

Yes, it exists. The climate is always in cycles. Right now we're a peak. The problem is that even though we're at a peak, temperatures continue to rise higher than they've ever been in human history (instead of falling back as part of the cycle).
    You realize how drastically short the tim table it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Really what this guy said, but honestly: gobal warming and chilling is part of earth cyclone over last million ---> billion years. It always change according to the sun, atmosphere/ozone layer, amount of CO2, n etc. There is more than one factor due to it and now you add human and their intensive chemical plus green house effect to the mix, yeah we're speeding up the whole process. Instead of just looking at it black and white, consider the gray area as well
    Well, pretty much all those factors are initially caused by human action. Pretty much like domino. the last domino falls because another domino hit it but originally, a man had to push one. Most, if not all factors in the equation, were aggravated by man.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

It is a scientific fact that global warming is occuring. HOWEVER, the cause of said warming is unknown - some speculate human activity, but this has not been proven.

Yes it's happening, but we don't know whether humans cause it - and that's where the argument is, because uninformed people say that "we humans are causing global warming and it's terrible the poor rare south american woodchuck manbearpig is losing its breeding grounds"

Correlation does not prove causation. They teach you that at age 13 around here. A may rise as B does, but that does not definitively prove that B causes a rise in A.
    Wrong. It's scientifically proven that man acted as a catalyst to climate change.

EDIT: You want sources? Every blue link in there is a source. http://www.skepdic.com/climatedeniers.html
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-05-03 at 09:56 PM.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Source? 10 chars
    Judging by your created threads, I can already tell any sources would fall upon deaf ears. Political ideology trumps empirical evidence, that's just how the world works. It is not my duty to cater to your laziness, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

CO2 is proven to be a greenhouse gas. humans are putting out a massive amount of it. there is always a "balance" that swings back and forth based on natural processes on how much of it is there, yes. we are disrupting that natural process.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't disprove that there is a flying gremlin that flies around and makes the climate change, it must be true.

Deleted
    Climate computer generated models - ever heard of 'garbage in, garbage out' NOT ONE of any of the peer reviewed climate models has accurately predicted climate. And as for the IPCC being infallible, don't make me laugh, bunch of political shysters.

Watch C4's the Great global warming swindle. Open your eyes.