Case Catalog [Reboot]

This thread began as a collaboration between users here on this board and it should remain that way as a consolidation of opinions, reviews, and general information about PC cases. No drastic changes or anything as Marest already had an excellent layout but I'm open to suggestions if a better option might be available.

To do:
    - Add reviews and/or figure something out for discontinued cases.
    - Compare organizing by form factor instead of by vendor.

Please allow me to have the first two replies in case of any additional additions or changes.

Antec:

Cooler Master:

Corsair:

Fractal Design:

NZXT:

Raidmax:

Rosewill:

Silverstone:

Thermaltake:

Xigmatek:
    Last edited by AceGoodheart; 2012-05-07 at 10:45 PM.

reserved....

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 06:46 PM ----------

reserved......

10+ Year Old Account
    The Antec 900 is a beautiful case except when you have to install a larger graphics card. There is a plastic fan extension on the inside that can make it a pain to plug in the graphics card. It is an easy removal though so not much of a hinder in the end.

PS can we make also suggestions on cases?

Deleted
    Corsair 650D is now Corsair 650DW-1 but you should get the new model automatically now, 650DW-1 has an improved/fixed fan controller.

I suggest adding the Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Silent case.

Corsair Carbide Series 300R is new from Corsair as well.

I see the NZXT Source 220 and NZXT Source 210 Elite suggested a lot in build suggestions so I figured they're worth a mention.

Perhaps a "silent section" (Corsair 550D, Cooler Master Silencio, Fractal Define series?, NZXT H2 and I'm sure there are other.)?

Front USB 3.0 support since newer Z77, Z75 etc. comes with native support. Not sure how to implement it in a layout but food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently using the RAIDMAX Helios. With the front USB 3 and has cable management in the back so it is easy to work with when putting the right side back on. I have built 2 other comps with the same case and it is generally silent but very bright blue LED fans. 4 120mm fans in total. 2 in the front. 1 up top and 1 in the back. You can put another one on the left side also if you wish. I got 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze fans in it and they fit nicely

Also right now the RAIDMAX Helios is having a massive sale. like 40$ off in total when the case itself is only 89$ to begin with :P
    Last edited by Riaya; 2012-05-05 at 02:48 PM.

Strapped with work over the weekend but will be adding the cases you suggested and yes suggestions are most welcome. I'll consider a silent section but might get redundant if a case is in more than one section or is moved to silent and not elsewhere. Just stuff to consider I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    The Antec 900 is a beautiful case except when you have to install a larger graphics card. There is a plastic fan extension on the inside that can make it a pain to plug in the graphics card. It is an easy removal though so not much of a hinder in the end.

PS can we make also suggestions on cases?
    Really? I got a 6970 and a fan in there without any trouble... it's a little close but the heatsink pipes are still 1-2cms away. (Antec 900 Rev 1)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Really? I got a 6970 and a fan in there without any trouble... it's a little close but the heatsink pipes are still 1-2cms away. (Antec 900 Rev 1)
    Well also the ATI graphics cards have the power plugged in from the side (or front however you see it) and not the side like NVIDIA cards or older ATI cards.

Deleted
    Looks good so far. Just posting here to let people know that I approved AceGoodheart taking over this project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Looks good so far. Just posting here to let people know that I approved AceGoodheart taking over this project.
    *thumbs up* Thanks for making all the initial work!

I think we need some Bitfenix cases added? (They're only available at NCIX and sometimes MicroCenter)

Shinobi Window || @NCIX
    Bitfenix Colossus || @NCIX
    Bitfenix Raider || @NCIX
    Bitfenix Merc Alpha || @NCIX
    Bitfenix Survivor || @NCIX

No Case Labs cases? I personally think the Magnum STH10 is one beast of a case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDTBHVIJiA <-- The review of it from TTL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlink View Post
    No Case Labs cases? I personally think the Magnum STH10 is one beast of a case.
    Those cases are aimed towards extreme enthusiasts (with a lot of space). This thread is catered towards users who have little to no clue what case to pick. The two aren't really in the same ballpark, thus including a case like the STH10 would be pointless and confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that is bigger than the XClio I bought @_@ my wife would kill me if I got a case like that LOL! That case is like triple XL ATX >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    Well also the ATI graphics cards have the power plugged in from the side (or front however you see it) and not the side like NVIDIA cards or older ATI cards.
    Sorry for my case being dusty, and the Antec 900 V1 doesn't really have any cabling options at all I'm afraid...
    And there's just not a lot of space for the cables at all with the card being so long neither, so they're packed :P.

http://i.imgur.com/Zj3ec.png (6970 PCS+ 2GB)
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-05-13 at 09:26 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    You should also add Lian Li cases, amongst the best Aluminum cases there are (all price ranges).
    http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...=1&sc_index=25
    http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...25&ss_index=61

I have the Silverstone TJ10, I bought it in 2007 for 300 EUR (US$ 400). It is a nice aluminum case with almost no plastic parts, but by todays standards, I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons:

- no USB 3.0 front panel
    - a total of 5 fans can be installed, but it ships with only 2 of them (not acceptable for a premium case)
    - lacks a cable management friendly design (not acceptable for a premium case)
    - doesn't support the SSD form factor (you need extra adaptors)
    - oddly placed fan in the middle of the case which makes cable management even worse
    - the frame of the middle fan air intake, which is visible from the outside, is plastic, not aluminum (plastic parts not acceptable for a premium case)

Other than that it's a really nice case, with a simple and clean look, mostly brushed aluminum, but as already said, its design is outdated.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-05-13 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ace, are you alive? D:

Don't let the case catalog die out again
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    looks like BitFenix made a really good ITX case!

Deleted
    The Silverstone RV03 is an amazing case. Nice size, nice cooling - positive pressure. Fits everything you want it to and looks tidy as well due to the cables coming out of the top (hidden under the cover).

10/10

PS: The RV03 picture you have there is not the standard version. That is the RV03B-WA (Window with Grey stripes). The standard colour is the RV03B-W (Window with champagne stripes).
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2012-05-25 at 06:38 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So many of these cases are now discontinued, does anyone know of a list like this that is kept up to date?
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.