Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I would personally bet on them re-releasing the necro and one brand new class, likely another melee of some sort.
    Doubt necro ever happens with the WD.
    Honestly all D2 classes are covered already.
    Barb > obvious
    Amazon/Assassin > DH
    Wizard > obvious
    Paladin > monk
    Necromancer > WD

Leaves druid, and don't be surprised if a shapeshifting class exists in the future, I wouldn't be. Considering druids are the brothers of the barbarians, I wouldn't be surprised if they were literally re-added to the game as they were, just like the barbarian was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doubt necro ever happens with the WD.
    Honestly all D2 classes are covered already.
    Barb > obvious
    Amazon/Assassin > DH
    Wizard > obvious
    Paladin > monk
    Necromancer > WD

Leaves druid, and don't be surprised if a shapeshifting class exists in the future, I wouldn't be.
    I just feel like the necromancer could be done very differently from the WD, but you are most likely right; a shape-shifting class is at least just as likely.

Deleted
    Night Warlock? Why such a silly sounding name?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CustardCreamBiscuits View Post
    Night Warlock? Why such a silly sounding name?
    You are right. Night Warlock is silly. I just wanna play with a warlock in Diablo 3, becouse it will be new in Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell for my personal taste, I really want back the Druid or Necromancer.

Personally we need a shield weilder, that can use its shield as a weapon, maybe a return of the warrior from Diablo 1 with added shield tal;ents that can bash and knockback and protect, as well as dealing single handed dmg.
    Last edited by Orby; 2012-05-04 at 08:08 AM.

I just feel like the necromancer could be done very differently from the WD, but you are most likely right; a shape-shifting class is at least just as likely.
    I hope so, I was very sad to see druid didn't make it into d3 =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Hell for my personal taste, I really want back the Druid or Necromancer.

Personally we need a shield weilder, that can use its shield as a weapon, maybe a return of the warrior from Diablo 1 with added shield tal;ents that can bash and knockback and protect, as well as dealing single handed dmg.

We don`t need necessarily one more malee, who can use shield, becouse monsters are moving randomly and we don`t need the tanks, like we need them in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    We don`t need necessarily one more malee, who can use shield, becouse monsters are moving randomly and we don`t need the tanks, like we need them in WoW.
    It has nothing to do with tanking. Right now there's 3 ranged classes and 2 melee classes. Most likely the expansion will introduce two new classes of which one will be melee. The other could be anything, including a melee/range hybrid.

One thing which I think would be a fun is an enchanter/illusionist type of class. It would have the ability to control living mobs and use them as weapons against their friends, turn invisible temporarily to avoid getting surrounded by large groups, attack enemies with abilities that cause fear (horrifying illusions, etc), confusion and other effects. It would be an interesting change to have a character with a "more subtle" style (at least subtle for a Diablo game) and can do a lot of effects that others would not be able to duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    One thing which I think would be a fun is an enchanter/illusionist type of class. It would have the ability to control living mobs and use them as weapons against their friends, turn invisible temporarily to avoid getting surrounded by large groups, attack enemies with abilities that cause fear (horrifying illusions, etc), confusion and other effects. It would be an interesting change to have a character with a "more subtle" style (at least subtle for a Diablo game) and can do a lot of effects that others would not be able to duplicate.
    As long as focusing on damage was still possible, I could see this working really well, actually.

My other vote for expac class would go to a druid. Not really a huge fan of either the Necro or Paladin ideas, and shapeshifting is terribly underrepresented.

looks too much like a witch doctor. Next classes will be druid templar or assassin imo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Illusionist was already tried during the development of Diablo 3 and they thought the concept didn't work out so they discarded it.

Early on, there were a few of us that were really hot on doing an Illusionist. It was a really interesting kind of pet class. But then a bunch of people said it kind of sounded like the “fairy” class – not in a positive manner! – so that kind of dropped off.
    Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ded#more-18352

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Considering Adria was a witch and lived among the villagers of Tristram I'm not entirely sure if that's plausible. I don't think Witches are shunt as much in Sanctuary as in medieval European times. Furthermore the concept by itself isn't that great. Basically Fire skills doesn't really cut it when a lot of mobs will have very high fire resistence, and then relying on nightmare form to kill them seems weird.

What I would like to see in an expansion is a Demonic Shapeshifter of sorts.
    Druid 2.0 please.

15+ Year Old Account
    So who is the new Mephisto for the 500 runs for Dracula's grasp?

OT: I miss warlock, yes there is WD, but that's far from warlock....
    If I am not wrong D3 is missing a shifter...

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

QUAKEFAN! I fucking love you, man! Don't listen to the trolls. Your threads are getting better!

Some constructive criticism though, you should solidify your ideas just a little more before you post them. I really want to help you make your class better, but there's not a lot to work with. :/

I would love to see some sort of shapeshifter or something crazy a demon or an angel

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    OT: I miss warlock
    you mean Necro...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Night 'lock, ahhhhhahhhhahhhhh, fighter of the day lock, ahhhhh ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh, champion of the moon.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might be right, except that there was an interview where Blizzard very explicitly stated that an expansion is where they would look towards possibly bringing back old favorite classes... and if Necromancer wasn't an old favorite, I don't know what is.
    I preferred Paladins and Zons. Never really liked the Necromancer. It would be cool to have any of the old classes re-released though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought the rune bombs from Diablo: Hellfire would have made an interesting class design - might be too similar to the Demonhuntress though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Illusionist was already tried during the development of Diablo 3 and they thought the concept didn't work out so they discarded it.

Source: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ded#more-18352
    Hmmm well I am not happy. Glad for the info though. I always like illusionist/enchanter type characters in games. Honestly whether it is a pet class or not, I liked the idea of screwing with the enemies minds and taking them over.

Maybe they will rethink it at some point.