Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Friends want to hang out too much

Kinda' wierd "problem" I have here.
    Friends got nobody to do home, and always want to hang out. When we do, we usually go till late at night, and I don't have any time left to do anything else.
    I do like hanging out with them, but I do really want to spent some time alone also, if you understand what i mean. If I tell them i don't really want to come, they usually insist till they convince me.. How to resolve this without pissing them off?

Just say you can't go out, important busy/working/family needs you.

Don't answer the phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Don't answer the phone.
    Yep. Can't tell you how many times I've not answered phone calls from my friends. You don't HAVE to answer the phone every time it rings. It's not for everyone else's convenience, it's yours, and you have the option to not use it if you don't want.

Deleted
    Any other tips?

Just hangout with them for as long as you want then say you "Need to go". Enjoy your friends while they are around.

I have the same problem lol with my exams being soon i just can't hang out all to much. I mostly say i'm going to family orso, it works :P
    Trollbane EU, Argent Dawn EU & Bladefist EU

I know what you mean OP but why would you friends be pissed off if you have to leave a little early?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I know what you mean OP but why would you friends be pissed off if you have to leave a little early?
    My friends are terrible at it. Last weekend we ended D&D somewhat early (2 a.m.) and someone got pissy about it. The guy who had to leave has a wife and two kids, so really, there's no point in getting pissed. they also call me all sorts of antisocial type names, when I hang out with em every week, one or two days.

Deleted
    if they are good friends and im sure they are they ill do the best they thut for you and they ill consider your desire to be alone also

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask if instead of them coming over to your house if you can go to theirs. That way, you can leave when ever you want to. Just say your tired, or stomach is upset, or need to feed your animal if you have one, ect. Works for me for family gatherings that i dont want to get yolked into.

Oh or get them to join WoW so you can log out when ever you dont want to deal with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screen your calls. Text people back later saying you were in the middle of something/busy/taking a shit/not feeling well/whatever you want.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yep. Can't tell you how many times I've not answered phone calls from my friends. You don't HAVE to answer the phone every time it rings. It's not for everyone else's convenience, it's yours, and you have the option to not use it if you don't want.
    Hate when people do that. Better just say no instead of not picking up the phone, as it can be something more important than " lets hang out ", but oh well.

Deleted
    i know that problem ...
    had a friend like that once too ...

well, at some point you simply have to make him understand ...

the problem peaked for me after he was over to watch a football match and after the match me and my girlfriend wanted some private time ... instead of going home he started making jokes about our relationship (which were kind of funny, gotta admin that) ... but it was simply too much ... i was kinda rude and told him that I don't need a friend that wastes the time i want to spent with others too and that he isn't the only person in the universe i care about ...

hit him pretty hard i guess and we don't have contact anymore ...

so i'm not sure if that was the right way, guess not ... but it solved the problem for me.

i hope i could give you a little insight in a similar matter, although i don't think that it will help you much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    Just hangout with them for as long as you want then say you "Need to go". Enjoy your friends while they are around.
    This, hang out as much as you want, then leave.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    My friends are terrible at it. Last weekend we ended D&D somewhat early (2 a.m.) and someone got pissy about it. The guy who had to leave has a wife and two kids, so really, there's no point in getting pissed. they also call me all sorts of antisocial type names, when I hang out with em every week, one or two days.
    You play D&D with your friends? Dang I'm jealous all mine wanted to do was go to bars and drink >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just tell them you're not up for it lol. If they're actually your friends they'll get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kajamere View Post
    Ask if instead of them coming over to your house if you can go to theirs. That way, you can leave when ever you want to. Just say your tired, or stomach is upset, or need to feed your animal if you have one, ect. Works for me for family gatherings that i dont want to get yolked into.

Oh or get them to join WoW so you can log out when ever you dont want to deal with them.
    they don't really play video games at all. and if bringing them to wow was possibile , that would be a 2 headed sword

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Hate when people do that. Better just say no instead of not picking up the phone, as it can be something more important than " lets hang out ", but oh well.
    Plus, if I know the answer is "not tonight" I don't wonder if maybe I'll hear from you later, and I can make my plans work better knowing for sure you won't be joining me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'd much rather a friend say they are doing something else/want time for themselves than them ignore their phone. Thats just rude and i'd respect them less as a friend for not being able to just say what they want.