Deleted

[Anime] Death Note *Spoilers*

Hello,

I've recently begun watching Death Note, and I've gotten past the point where L dies.

I watched a few episodes past, but I couldn't help getting bored.

Is it worth it to finish the series? I honestly don't feel like it at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does go downhill a bit at that point, but I still found it amusing. I found the ending pretty satisfying too.

It goes a bit downhill at that point, but I find it gets better again in a bit and the ending is cool.

Well I watched the whole series and loved it all, I would finish watching it for the sake of it but if you're not enjoying it don't bother.

Unlike the posters above me I hated the ending! It was very good but I wanted the opposite of what happened

The anime takes a huge trek downhill after L dies, where as in my opinion the Manga stays just as damn good. The problem with it is they tried to hard to create a lite L with near and it wasn't good enough, ya know. Mello and Near just seemed forced and it was not ok with me in the least bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    It was very good but I wanted the opposite of what happened
    I did too, but still. It was a satisfying enough climax to me, and... somewhat bittersweet.

I watched it from start to finish in a few days it was okay. Ending was well put together and made sense. It is a decent series, not in my top but i liked it.

M and N were not presented well enough and I liked what happened to Kira.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly recommend you pick up the 2 Live Action movies that were made as well. They have similar stories, but are done just as well, and have amazing new plot twists on the story that work really well.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

I agree with the above posters, both in that it is indeed drop off after L died , but I thought it was worth watching, even if only for the ending. Which is episode...39 I believe?

Personally, I didn't like the way the ending ended, major spoiler: it felt lame, seeing as Light dies because of someone else's blunder. It felt like a technicality; if Light should die, it should have been on him, not Migami. That said, the ending was worth it.

TL;DR = I say watch it, at least for the ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta say the series NOSEDIVES after that point, it's sad but true. As for continuing to watch... yeah at least once you should see the whole thing, but tbh when I watch it now, I tend to get bored and drift off after that, and very seldom watch the whole series, I REALLY didn't like the ending, felt.... wrong.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    Hello,

I've recently begun watching Death Note, and I've gotten past the point where L dies.

I watched a few episodes past, but I couldn't help getting bored.

Is it worth it to finish the series? I honestly don't feel like it at the moment.
    When I think back, I wish the series would have ended there, when L died. Or, at the very least, they could have come up with a better ending to the series.

The first half was very well-articulated. The second half is just one big facepalm. Especially in one of the later episodes, where Near is just watching some screens and just so happens to find the newest Kira. It comes off as less of a brilliant deduction and more of a "shit, our plot has no cohesion with the desired ending, we better throw some bullshit in here lol".

If you liked Death Note you should try reading the Liar Game manga
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I am one of the few who thinks the second half isn't of any lesser quality than the first.

That N and M are inferior to L is a no brainer. That's the point. It took both of their efforts to bring Kira down, strongly helped by the fact that Kira thought one of them was already dead.

I also don't mourn the death of Light. He merrily skipped over the moral event horizon in the first half of the show, showing himself to be a complete monster that is only deluding himself. He had to go down, and the fact that he went out crying like a bitch greatly pleases me.

The interplay between the two was the whole series. I liked Near as much or more than L on his own, but together, it wasn't comparable and the main plot was just... meh. If I were rewatching it, I'd quit after that point. The ending was good just to see Light go completely fucking insane like he should have after he killed L, and then die ungraciously and humiliatingly, but how they got there was just boring and unmemorable.