1. #3121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Can someone in the beta say if the argonian models have been improved over the screenshots that have been released long time ago ? A yes or no would suffice.
    Is that a clever way of trying to see if theres a secret beta going on?

    Because the rest of us our waiting till late this month for beta to start lol
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  2. #3122
    Beta has only been out for friends and family of developers. I'm pretty sure everyone here have zero connections so no none of us can tell you.

    Gosh I can't wait to see how well my application did. I don't even remember what I said.

  3. #3123
    Will TESO have elements from SWTOR such as cutscenes, dialogue choices/consequences, fully voiced acted questing? It it does then I'll be very happy(if they don't fuck up the end game though).
    Those were my favorite things from SWTOR. Everything else was just garbage, but the story and questing was excellent.

    The only things I know TESO will have so far is full voice acting.

  4. #3124
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Beta has only been out for friends and family of developers. I'm pretty sure everyone here have zero connections so no none of us can tell you.

    Gosh I can't wait to see how well my application did. I don't even remember what I said.
    I put algebra in my application as proof that I can do math. Because I know the majority of the internet can't. I also made sure the problem I used wasn't one you could just type into Google and find as an example. I got it off an old test from back when I took algebra. ^_^

    I basically said that I'll be a theorycrafter and very active part of the community, and I will be an asset in helping to find overpowered builds before they hit live. I also made up a sample bug report to prove that I know what goes into a good bug report. If I don't get in I call major bullshit, because I made myself out to be the god of beta testers and I backed it up with facts wherever possible.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  5. #3125
    There must be a few hundred thousand sign ups to the beta. Do you guys really think they're reading any of that? Even at a thousand per day, they'd never get through all of it. It'll be completely random, with a few filters through a computerized system to sort some out.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  6. #3126
    I'll be like applications going through HR in a job hunt. The computer will look for key words and answers. If it doesn't have that, your application will go back to the pile, if it does it'll move on to the next selection process.

  7. #3127
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Will TESO have elements from SWTOR such as cutscenes, dialogue choices/consequences, fully voiced acted questing? It it does then I'll be very happy(if they don't fuck up the end game though).
    Those were my favorite things from SWTOR. Everything else was just garbage, but the story and questing was excellent.

    The only things I know TESO will have so far is full voice acting.
    TESO will have what you want; speechcraft can give different dialogue options for (fully voiced) quests. Moral choices are also present, i.e you meet a sorcerer who has made a pact with a daedric demon. You can approach the quest by A) help sorcerer B) help demon to enslave sorcerer's soul C) screw them both over.

    Also you can choose to save a village of people or let them all die, however saving them can lead to additional quests from them down the line, or killing them would make them gone forever. I would bet that making evil choices will open up very interesting lasting consequences (I just hope the game makes it fair for evil and good decisions).

    Tamriel Foundry has really great info and is the best up-to-date TESO site I've found so far:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

  8. #3128
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    There must be a few hundred thousand sign ups to the beta. Do you guys really think they're reading any of that? Even at a thousand per day, they'd never get through all of it. It'll be completely random, with a few filters through a computerized system to sort some out.
    Shut up! I can dream!!!

    *pretends that Zenimax carefully reads every application and will pick his for being the bestest*
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  9. #3129
    ESO playable demo at Pax East: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...so-at-pax-east

    From Friday, March 22nd through Sunday, March 24th, we’ll be giving you a chance to play The Elder Scrolls Online at the Bethesda booth (number 912).
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

    Tam! RUGH!

  10. #3130
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Yay, we'll see some unfiltered responses from people. Eager to read.

  11. #3131
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Wish I could go to PAX. Still happy we'll be getting some info.

  12. #3132
    I could go to the food truck thing in Austin because I'm 30 mins away from the thing. But I won't because I truly hate Austin that much. Such a hell hole of a city. So many brainwashed hipsters and mentally insane environmentalists who just passed a law banning plastic and paper bags for grocery stores.

    That was probably way too off topic.

  13. #3133
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I could go to the food truck thing in Austin because I'm 30 mins away from the thing. But I won't because I truly hate Austin that much. Such a hell hole of a city. So many brainwashed hipsters and mentally insane environmentalists who just passed a law banning plastic and paper bags for grocery stores.

    That was probably way too off topic.
    So you have to use cloth bags or something?
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  14. #3134
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So you have to use cloth bags or something?
    Yes. Your now forced to use those shit reusable bags. I'm not going further in to it, If I do I'd just make a 5 paragraph long rant.

  15. #3135
    Immortal Guru Laghima's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the void
    Posts
    7,668
    It's at PAX East... Fuck me. I was going to go to that too but decided not too buy a plane ticket and save my money. (I still have the ticket for Sunday if anyone wants it).
    You've probably never heard of him.

  16. #3136
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I put algebra in my application as proof that I can do math. Because I know the majority of the internet can't. I also made sure the problem I used wasn't one you could just type into Google and find as an example. I got it off an old test from back when I took algebra. ^_^

    I basically said that I'll be a theorycrafter and very active part of the community, and I will be an asset in helping to find overpowered builds before they hit live. I also made up a sample bug report to prove that I know what goes into a good bug report. If I don't get in I call major bullshit, because I made myself out to be the god of beta testers and I backed it up with facts wherever possible.
    LOLOL algebra doesn't mean you know how to theorycraft! I would honestly be SHOCKED if they invited you. Not because of your algebra, but because I honestly doubt they need people to see which classes or races or whatever are overpowered, I'm sure the developers will see that themselves.

    I wanna see what you wrote on your app now. Go find me the algebra stuff. Tehehehe.

    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    There must be a few hundred thousand sign ups to the beta. Do you guys really think they're reading any of that? Even at a thousand per day, they'd never get through all of it. It'll be completely random, with a few filters through a computerized system to sort some out.
    Really? Hundreds of thousands? They said at max for "stress tests" they only wanted a few thousand beta testers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'll be like applications going through HR in a job hunt. The computer will look for key words and answers. If it doesn't have that, your application will go back to the pile, if it does it'll move on to the next selection process.
    You guys really don't think they're gonna read that stuff? :/

    I wish I had like some shitty computer specs to use with like fucking Windows XP. Would be a surefire way in to Beta. "Look at this noob from the 1990s, let's see if he can play on that antique piece of shit computer. Invite."

  17. #3137
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Really? Hundreds of thousands? They said at max for "stress tests" they only wanted a few thousand beta testers.
    Overall beta sign ups =/= beta players they let in. Not sure if that's what's confusing you or not. If GW2 gets a million sign ups in a few days, I'm more than sure TESO has gotten 6 digits after all this time.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  18. #3138
    I just didn't think they got that many sign ups lol, wow that's a lot. We're never gonna get in.

  19. #3139
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yay, we'll see some unfiltered responses from people. Eager to read.
    Not to burst any bubbles - but look at all the "unfiltered" responses we got from Star Wars: The Old Republic between demos and beta.

    Then the game came out...

    Yeah, I'm not trusting ANY OPINION at this point in its dev cycle. Too many fans right now will run around a forest, kill a few bears, and then claim it's a perfect Elder Scroll game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 02:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I just didn't think they got that many sign ups lol, wow that's a lot. We're never gonna get in.
    Skyrim sold well over 10 million copies... why would a few hundred thousand be a surprise?

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 02:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    There are plans for battlegrounds/instanced pvp and dungeons with bosses for the faction that wins control of Cyrodiil (a la Wintergrasp):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqv27znEcZ4
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

    My favorite memories of PVP in WoW involved world pvp ie Tarren Mill, Nessingwary's camp in Stranglethorn, etc.
    So... basically extra dungeons if you play as the Ebonheart Pact? :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  20. #3140
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah, I'm not trusting ANY OPINION at this point in its dev cycle. Too many fans right now will run around a forest, kill a few bears, and then claim it's a perfect Elder Scroll game.
    Damned furries, ruining the game for the rest of us.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •