1. #3241
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I laughed because it's a funny thing to say, but it's nice that they actually do listen to feedback.
    Yeah, adding first person view and action combat is huge compared to what they originally planned (which looked like it would play a little like age of wushu in terms of targeting and attack / block mechanics) and will shore up the TES fan base.

    Nothing pisses fans off more than when you make an MMO that doesn't resemble the franchise it is based off of.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  2. #3242
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The only bad part is that they're being pretty clear that factions won't be able to cross into each other's territory, meaning no world PvP. But still, this is a step in the right direction.
    world pvp is an idea that hasn't been reality in a long time
    to have big sub numbers, you need more than just the hardcore gamers, and the non-hardcore gamers don't wanna play very long at times, damn sure don't want pvp to get in the way of anything but are too stupid to just level on a PVE server because of the nancy-stigma associated with the sissy servers.

    world pvp has been nothing but ganking for most of the past decade. it's pointless, people want instanced content

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 11:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yeah, adding first person view and action combat is huge compared to what they originally planned (which looked like it would play a little like age of wushu in terms of targeting and attack / block mechanics) and will shore up the TES fan base.

    Nothing pisses fans off more than when you make an MMO that doesn't resemble the franchise it is based off of.
    in the ALPHA before ANY feedback could have possibly been given, the current combat system was in the works. why do you act like public outcry changed it? the word on the alpha was that it was polished and extremely impressive. it's been skyrim's combat with first person and soft target locking since the start. it's the closest thing to the RPG you can possibly get at this point due to ranged vs melee balanced in an MMO

    this all reminds me of blizzard's big transition. they did most things in house, took good ideas and made them better, they had experience with MMOs both playing and developing and they took their time

    the REAL first person tech that Z has created makes me think of the stuff blizzard has had to come up with over the years, things fledgling companies simply couldn't afford to do. the tech for the megaservers that Z has come up with is the same way. nobody is rushing them (EA called the shots for SWTOR and rushed it according to BW employees) and rift, while a great game, is short in the story department MAINLY because it was created from nothing. there was no backstory that people were already into

    TES has a HUGE following already, they made a concerted effort to make TESO feel like TES and look like TES. that effort is all we can hope for and if you're into TES at all you should probably be excited. rift and gw/2 were great games, but i couldn't get into their stories at all. the game wasn't an issue

    i love the TES lore, know more about it than i should admit to, even wow's lore isn't this deep and even wow is moving away from the focus on lore lately.

    unless there is some major screw up, TESO is gonna be around a while and it will never see 10,000,000 subs, but there are to many MMOs around these days for that to happen again anyway. it won't kill wow and won't try to. from the new info we're getting this week + the alpha info, TESO is a legit heavyweight
    Last edited by blackyfrost; 2013-03-19 at 05:11 PM.

  3. #3243
    It does seem they are listening to the Elder Scrolls fans and putting in some changes due to that. So thumbs up for that.

  4. #3244
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yeah, adding first person view and action combat is huge compared to what they originally planned (which looked like it would play a little like age of wushu in terms of targeting and attack / block mechanics) and will shore up the TES fan base.

    Nothing pisses fans off more than when you make an MMO that doesn't resemble the franchise it is based off of.
    Targeting system & ranged attacks were never anything like Age of Wushu, it was always an extremely soft targeting assist but people over reacted and were too stupid to understand what they meant when they explained how they wanted the system to work.

  5. #3245
    I just read an article on IGN, they have some updated news with this game, dude played it for like 4 hours.

    One thing that sticks out to me, no raiding!! WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.

  6. #3246
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I just read an article on IGN, they have some updated news with this game, dude played it for like 4 hours.

    One thing that sticks out to me, no raiding!! WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.

    I just facepalmed hard, no raiding equals no endgame to you?

  7. #3247
    well wouldn't no endgame be a good thing? that would mean the game never ends

  8. #3248
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.
    Crafting?
    World bosses?
    Story arcs?
    5 man dungeons?
    Achievement hunting?
    Treasure hunting?
    Building stuff?
    Breeding dragons?
    Bounty hunting rare / hard npcs?
    Winning at the economy?

    Those are some ideas for end game that aren't raiding. /shrug.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  9. #3249
    There's not going to be raiding? They said there would be in the introduction video.

  10. #3250
    lol not having raiding is going to be a mistake. That was GW2's original plan but they caved in and made fractals. Really all they have to do is make an uber hard dungeon tuned for x amount of people. Not asking for WoW quality raiding, but not having a PvE endgame isn't going to end well.

  11. #3251
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    . That was GW2's original plan but they caved in and made fractals.
    You'll have to explain to me how fractals = raiding

  12. #3252
    I seem to recall hearing something about how certain keeps/buildings in Cyrodiil will potentially have instanced raid-esque zones tied to them so your faction can enter when you capture the keep, can't remember if it was an idea or a feature though.

  13. #3253
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You'll have to explain to me how fractals = raiding
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2

  14. #3254
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    completing fractal 1 gives you gear that's required for fractal 2
    no it doesn't

    agony resistance only comes into play on level 20+ fractals

  15. #3255
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I just read an article on IGN, they have some updated news with this game, dude played it for like 4 hours.

    One thing that sticks out to me, no raiding!! WTF will end game be about? All Pvp? That really harsh's my mellow.
    Adventure zones are TESO's version of raiding, I'm fairly certain. It is used for solo play, group play, and raid-sized experiences.

    Also there will be around 30 heroics, with an extended story in addition to more powerful mobs.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 07:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The only bad part is that they're being pretty clear that factions won't be able to cross into each other's territory, meaning no world PvP. But still, this is a step in the right direction.
    They said you can go into enemy faction territory at level 50; you unlock entering one and once you finish it, you unlock the third faction territory. What that means for world pvp, I'm not sure...

    Or perhaps you meant not being able to see the enemy faction when in their territory, such as being phased? I could totally see that being the case, but it would be a very sad case indeed.
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2013-03-20 at 12:10 AM.

  16. #3256
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    They said you can go into enemy faction territory at level 50; you unlock entering one and once you finish it, you unlock the third faction territory. What that means for world pvp, I'm not sure...

    Or perhaps you meant not being able to see the enemy faction when in their territory, such as being phased? I could totally see that being the case, but it would be a very sad case indeed.
    I'm pretty sure what they mean is that you can only go into Faction A territory when you're aligned to Faction A, Faction B when you're B, C when you're C.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  17. #3257
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm pretty sure what they mean is that you can only go into Faction A territory when you're aligned to Faction A, Faction B when you're B, C when you're C.
    Ah, now I see. That seems odd since Zenimax said they wanted to encourage faction pride and enemy faction hate though. As if in WoW: "For the Horde, gather 6 worg heads to aid the war effort to help crush the filthy night elves!"...I'm a night elf >.<

    Or maybe it works different?

  18. #3258
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    Ah, now I see. That seems odd since Zenimax said they wanted to encourage faction pride and enemy faction hate though. As if in WoW: "For the Horde, gather 6 worg heads to aid the war effort to help crush the filthy night elves!"...I'm a night elf >.<

    Or maybe it works different?
    Yea I don't know, it's interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the fact that the second faction you do will all be level 50 content, and then the third will be even harder. I think I'll trade my fictitious faction pride for that.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  19. #3259
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yea I don't know, it's interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the fact that the second faction you do will all be level 50 content, and then the third will be even harder. I think I'll trade my fictitious faction pride for that.
    Definitely, the ability to explore all areas is worth minor inconsistencies. And players can always just think of their character as a defector.

    Also, some brand new awesome in-game footage in this vid:

    http://www.buffed.de/TES-The-Elder-S...rsion-1061257/

    And:

    http://www.buffed.de/TES-The-Elder-S...rsion-1061243/

  20. #3260
    I heard this idea of a new game + and ++ from the lead game designer. Seems pretty cool way of adding post level cap challenge and creating reason to explore the other two factions.

    Have to say, I really like that idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •