10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    People that only care about reaching max level/veteran rank within a week disgust me.
    My Templar is currently level 45, if the quests would work... I'd be 50 already. I have explored every single corner, done every single quest achievement within the zones and kept my professions updated, well... currently I could already smith gear for Veteran rank 6.

Unless you count "play a lot" as exploiting, then sure, but it hasn't really taken that long. Already started second character, Sorcerer.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    It is called 'trials' and it's absolutely not a raid. They have so often said, it's not a raid, so it's not a raid. Just like I am saying.
    Paul Sage has pretty much said that Trials are their version of raids. Based on the video they showed it might be fighting bosses with no trash. You go from dugeon to dungeon and fight different bosses in the adventure zone is what I am guessing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Don't mean to be a downer, but I'm completely disenchanted with combat. It's clunky and has a very low skillcap. The game seems very glossy, outside of combat, and all of the quests/lore/environment is amazing, but I can't get behind the combat. I put about 30-40 hours into the game, and that's about all I'm willing to give for a fair evaluation.
    Combat can be a acquired taste, some don't like it, some like it. My one issue with the combat is how sometimes it won't be responsive. But other than that, I like it a lot. I played Tera and Neverwinter and liked their combat a lot, but eventually fast paced combat in an MMO gets boring really quickly. I like the pace of ESO's combat, it isn't as twitchy but still has action elements.

Anyone else having trouble leveling? Im currently level 15 completed all quests in Auridon and Garthwood or whatever only gives me level 20 quests.. running dungeons do not give any significant experience either and Banished Cells is still bugged. Its getting very frustrating
    ~Je veux être avec toi~

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilo View Post
    Anyone else having trouble leveling? Im currently level 15 completed all quests in Auridon and Garthwood or whatever only gives me level 20 quests.. running dungeons do not give any significant experience either and Banished Cells is still bugged. Its getting very frustrating
    Did you do the little torches on the map? The delves? There are about 6-7 in each map and they give good xp and have a quest in them. There is one hard public dungeon and the rest can be easily soloable. Also, do the world bosses with the skulls on the map, they also give a lot of xp. Check the Cave Explorer achievement and Quest achievements to see if you are missing anything.

I notice a lot of players have the same issue as you in terms of being underleveled. This might be an issue for ZoS because a lot of players are playing ESO as their first MMO and they might find themselves with this issue and just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Craglorn. It looks brilliant, but as someone who enjoys taking my time and reading quest dialogue I'm worried that it'll play out like dungeons where one player grabs a quest, skips dialogue for everybody and then hands it in as swiftly as possible. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, though so I don't see myself abandoning it anytime soon.
    Yeah, what I'm doing is skipping through all the talking on dungeons quests so I don't fall behind from my group then going on youtube and reading it there. It's my choice of course, if I were in a dungeon and one of the players was sitting at the quest giver for awhile I'd just wait, nbd. I just don't want to be that guy.

Did anyone else have a hard time on the last boss of Selene's Web? I literally spent about 30 minutes or so last night trying to down her, so I'm just wondering if I just had an incompetent group or if she really is that much of a pain to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    There's a pretty health environment of people holding up hands to mistakes and happily wiping on dungeon bosses too. No doubt we'll have the "pro" players eventually but it's a nice start
    I'm a "pro" player in WoW and I'm making jokes when we wipe here. It's because it's new and nobody knows the mechanics and people are still learning the game and their characters. Eventually this will get to the point where everyone knows everything like the back of their hand like the dungeons in WoW and mistakes will be tolerated less. I admit I get pissy when people do stupid crap in WoW because WoW is insanely easy.

You'll notice the same thing happen in WoW though. The first few weeks of dungeons people are nice. The first week or two of LFR you actually see people explaining fights and being helpful. It fades quickly though. At a certain point you're supposed to know your shit or you're just wasting everyone's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Shamanic the problem is when said people turn around and bitch about being bored or lack of content when they skip 90% of content to rush endlevel. Those people need to be kicked in the face by a buffalo.
    None of the max level people are complaining about being bored. Link to one. They have a lot to do right now and more coming in a few weeks.

And I'm getting annoyed with this megathread. Having to read through 6 pages and then comment on stuff that was talked about hours ago that is probably now long off topic is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    And I'm getting annoyed with this megathread. Having to read through 6 pages and then comment on stuff that was talked about hours ago that is probably now long off topic is stupid.
    Yea seriously wtf. ESO should have a subforum. But then again it's release didn't even make it to the front page. I think Blizz secretly bought this site or something lol

They need to give this game its own forum.

Yeah it's kinda weird that HotS got their subforum instantly it went beta and has close to no activity but ESOs activity will be monitored

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Yeah it's kinda weird that HotS got their subforum instantly it went beta and has close to no activity but ESOs activity will be monitored
    HotS is a blizzard game, that's all you need to know.

I am personally annoyed at the amount of XP you get for finishing quests and dungeons.

Do a quest that has 5 parts and only get like %5-%7 of your bar filled even if the quest is 2-4 levels above you wtf really. Dungeons barely reward XP as well.

I personally feel they nerfed XP just to slow down people getting to endgame.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am personally annoyed at the amount of XP you get for finishing quests and dungeons.

Do a quest that has 5 parts and only get like %5-%7 of your bar filled even if the quest is 2-4 levels above you wtf really. Dungeons barely reward XP as well.

I personally feel they nerfed XP just to slow down people getting to endgame.
    Yeah, I tend to not run dungeons after my first run for this very reason. At the very least, experience gained from killing mobs in dungeons should be buffed a little bit so that players will have more incentive to run dungeons more than once while leveling.
    Last edited by Drofdel; 2014-04-11 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    Yeah, I tend to not run dungeons after my first run for this very reason.
    I am personally annoyed at the rate of XP I'm getting.

I could be wrong and could be considered spoiled but both GW2 and Rift leveling feel so much faster to me.

I get the vet 1-10 levels being slow. But this to me feels super slow almost to the point its a dam craw.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yea seriously wtf. ESO should have a subforum. But then again it's release didn't even make it to the front page. I think Blizz secretly bought this site or something lol
    It's up to the admins to decide what gets a subforum. And given that many of the subforums for other MMO's that got them early on are mostly inactive months after release.

Also, I highly doubt Blizz "bought" anything, and they sure as heck didn't buy the site. It's still owned by Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    WoW fansite. Blizzard games, especially those related to WoW (which HotS is), are treated differently. SC2 still doesn't have its own subforum though.

15+ Year Old Account
    What class is the most OP in your opinion and why?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What class is the most OP in your opinion and why?
    Let's just say melee is doing really well in PvP right now. I'm really surprise people aren't screaming bloody murder about being stunlocked to death over and over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilo View Post

I finished Auridon at level 17 and half... you finished Auridon AND Garthwood at lvl 15?

You have to explore in ESO, there is a lot of hidden quests/dungeons/caves/etc. everywhere.. no way you completed all the quests of both zones and still lvl 15.

The whole sub forum thing is weird. Tera's the only MMO I've played that didn't get one, in fact, both Rift and GW2 had one before either game were even out of beta and I think the same may have been true for FFXIV as well.

I can understand it for Wildstar, but ESO has a strong IP and near as I can tell interest has been increasing.

Course, I also don't understand the 'once you go sub forum you can never go back'. If a sub forum is 'under performing' then maybe it should be demoted to a megathread. Road should go both ways, IMO, especially since it seems inactive sub forums negatively affect other games getting one.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-04-11 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Here's an official ZOS post from the forums in regards to the discussion there on public dungeon farming, and whether it is an exploit / bug (tl:dr it's not).

Hi folks,

We are looking at addressing the concerns expressed in this thread and others about public dungeon boss farming, from the development side. The act of manually farming these bosses, while possibly not very courteous of others who are trying to have a shot at the content too, is not against our Terms of Service. (Purposefully griefing is another story, entirely.) That said, there are some very valid concerns here, and we are looking at ways we can improve upon how public dungeons and the bosses in them work.

If we make any changes to public dungeons and bosses, we'll call them out in patch notes.