Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    What i hate about WoW is that i can't give my best for a 48h period of time non stop to get gear and start raiding. NO! I shall wait every day for new dailies.

Back in the days when I played ragnarok if someone asked "I need a new sage for the War of emperium, can you do it?" I wouldn't stop till I grinded enough for it.
    Eh in Ragnarok you'd just buy a fullset of gear too, no soulbound junk. All you really needed to do was level up, that was the "grinding".

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    in skyrim you know what they're going to do and nobody is hunting you, in a game with other people you'd NEVER be useful as ranged. melee would dominate. without fast projectiles and headshots, ranged NEEDS target locking to be useful
    No, they don't. Just look at tribes spinfusors. Just need some skill to land the shots. Not saying that arrows should fly in slow motion, but a more realistic flight speed is what I was getting at instead of the instant or near-instant hits you get in typical MMOs. Typically it doesn't even matter in target lock MMO combat systems because once the attack goes out, it homes in no matter what the flight speed. If you want to allow headshots, what do melee get? Seems like you want a combat system to trounce melee, as if in most cases range don't already have the upper hand in just about any MMO that has some competitive PvP. The range advantage is huge.

Ok so, have I understood that correctly: there will be no raiding in this game? Just world bosses at best? Say whaaa.... WTF are you supposed to be doing at endgame? Run dungeons? PvP? Grind imaginary post-level stats? What for?

Didn't every new MMO for the last what, five years or so, die for one reason above all else, a lack of endgame content?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Ok so, have I understood that correctly: there will be no raiding in this game? Just world bosses at best? Say whaaa.... WTF are you supposed to be doing at endgame? Run dungeons? PvP? Grind imaginary post-level stats? What for?

Didn't every new MMO for the last what, five years or so, die for one reason above all else, a lack of endgame content?
    Lol, you think those mmos died.
    That's funny. They are all chugging along, coming out with expansions, and making enough money to continue investing in their game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Wait, what?

So my arrows will go through people? That's going to be hellish for healers in pvp. A tank should be able to meat wall for a healer.
    Also, how would that work with a cross hair if they are in a line? My cross hair would still be pointed at the one in front... Are you saying they have tab targeting rather than action combat?
    Its not tab targeting its preferred targeting. You still need to be facing the person your trying to hit. Your arrows or ranged spells will prefer the target you have targeted and not anything in between.

Also targeting systems have never stopped healers from being killed before, You still have your healing ability. Tanks in pvp usually do things like hold flags not stand infront of healers to take damage. Its the Dps or CC'ers job to protect healers.

Indeed. Anything that doesn't have wow numbers is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its not tab targeting its preferred targeting. You still need to be facing the person your trying to hit. Your arrows or ranged spells will prefer the target you have targeted and not anything in between.
    Um... You still have to be facing a target in WoW to cast fireball or shoot an arcane arrow at it.

Please explain how preferred targeting is different from guild war 2's targeting system (or wows targeting system)

Please explain how preferred targeting is different from guild war 2's targeting system (or wows targeting system)
    GW2's is not like that. If there is something in front of what of you target, it will hit that instead. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what's being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    GW2's is not like that. If there is something in front of what of you target, it will hit that instead. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what's being discussed.
    Yeah... So this sounds more like WoW non action combat than gw2s diet action combat... (originally I had written "different from wows" but I remembered this has cleaving strikes so... eh)

That's funny. They are all chugging along, coming out with expansions, and making enough money to continue investing in their game.
    Fine, with less hyperbole then: those MMOs didn't keep a large number of players because of a lack of endgame content. I'm not talking WoW-numbers, just a respectable population with a high-end PvE scene. Sort of how TOR was at the start, maybe? Well, we can argue about numbers, but the core question stands: what are you supposed to be doing in EOS after reaching max level? What sort of endgame content is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Fine, with less hyperbole then: those MMOs didn't keep a large number of players because of a lack of endgame content. I'm not talking WoW-numbers, just a respectable population with a high-end PvE scene. Sort of how TOR was at the start, maybe? Well, we can argue about numbers, but the core question stands: what are you supposed to be doing in EOS after reaching max level? What sort of endgame content is there?
    End game pvp.
    1-50 content for the other two factions on hard mode and then harder mode.
    And out door pve raiding zones like in AoC

Um... You still have to be facing a target in WoW to cast fireball or shoot an arcane arrow at it.

Ok you have to be aiming aka put your crosshair on the target your trying to hit in TESO even if theres someone standing in the way aim at the person standing in the way cuz ur still pointing your shot at the person behind, also have the person behind targeted so your shot goes through the person standing in the way.

In WoW you dont have a cross hair and your character can be facing another direction as long as they are in a 180 degree cone in front of you. In TESO you still need the crosshair on who you want to attack. else you'll be firing at the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    NDA is a ''legal'' thing .....or just a thing like the eula in wow (that isnt legal worthy)
    Yup, NDA is pretty much what can get you in trouble irl, while TOS and EULA will just have your account banned at the very worst.
    Albeit pen and paper NDA is the more serious one, as opposed to testing unfinished software.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Ok you have to be aiming aka put your crosshair on the target your trying to hit in TESO even if theres someone standing in the way aim at the person standing in the way cuz ur still pointing your shot at the person behind, also have the person behind targeted so your shot goes through the person standing in the way.

In WoW you dont have a cross hair and your character can be facing another direction as long as they are in a 180 degree cone in front of you. In TESO you still need the crosshair on who you want to attack. else you'll be firing at the air.
    Alright, I am less disappointed.
    Thank you for elaborating...

so... It's like "hunter mark"?
    When you have a mark up, can you not hit anything else? Can you just not mark things?
    How easy is it to switch marks? Does it have its own key?

Alright, I am less disappointed.
    Thank you for elaborating...

so... It's like "hunter mark"?
    When you have a mark up, can you not hit anything else? Can you just not mark things?
    How easy is it to switch marks? Does it have its own key?
    Not targeting something means you will just hit what ever is first to contact your shot. Its most likely just like tabbing through targets in any other MMO. Now do i know if you attack a target will it lock to that target? i dont know but i assume it wont unless you tell it to.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    there are plenty of games with low level ranged mobs.
    Like none?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Like none?
    Guild Wars 2, Flame Legion, Salamanders, Spiders, Rock Golems, i could keep going.

Doesnt swtor have so low level ranged mobs as well? i could have sworn i saw some in some videos.

Swtor has level 1 ranged mobs in the first areas.

Just ignore Tackhisis

10+ Year Old Account
    First wave of beta invites have gone out:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...ta-invitations

Not targeting something means you will just hit what ever is first to contact your shot. Its most likely just like tabbing through targets in any other MMO. Now do i know if you attack a target will it lock to that target? i dont know but i assume it wont unless you tell it to.
    So... wait.
    It sounds like you are describing setting a focus target. So when you have a "target" you can't hit things that aren't your target? So you have to like... tab target like in wow otherwise your arrows will go through them? I can see serious issues with this.
    If you target the enemy big boss guy and adds spawn, you will have to 'detarget the boss' and then individually target each add?