Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It is a deliberate choice on the minimap. Earlier betas the game had a minimap. It was removed due to popular demand by the fans.
    Is what I said right?:P

You can see the mini-map in this footage:

http://youtu.be/KxJTsq2XeKY?t=6m15s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    You can see the mini-map in this footage:

http://youtu.be/KxJTsq2XeKY?t=6m15s
    Ugh... so glad they scrapped that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    2. They said 100% of the game was for the sub fee, and no cashshop other than services.....well thats a lie now, as its not 100% as there is a race missing.
    They're still charging for the box. That means 100% of the game isn't for the sub fee. And, as of right now, the cash shop isn't a lie because there is no evidence you can buy anything other than services on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    that is has been designed for consoles (all the quick keys, how you interact with things etc.) and badly ported to the pc. That's what's wrong with it. And it's a disgrace and a shame that stuff like this happens with a mmorpg that releases on PC in 2014. Major no go right there.
    How can a game be designed for consoles, badly ported to PC, and yet have the PC version come out 2 months before the console version?

Makes 0 logical sense.

I can understand some of the gripes about this game when reviewing it from a strictly MMO perspective. Inability to clearly see buffs or debuffs, including their duration on targets or yourself, specifically DoT's; little to no feedback on damage aside from a shrinking health bar; quest progression is generally not linear, which is quite different from nearly every mainstream MMO out there; Class definition is vague and it's quite easy to create a sub optimal class if you don't understand what you're doing from the start...

However, these gripes are really only an issue when looking at this game as if it were an MMO (I know it is, just stay with me) when the developer has clearly stated that this is an Elder Scrolls game...it just happens to be online.

I'm not defending the issues, I would really like being able to see buffs and debuffs and their durations more clearly and get more feedback from combat such as numbers, and much more information about the classes and their roles during character selection. But, I understand that this is an Elder Scrolls game, first and foremost and LOVE the Elder Scrolls games their gameplay and their sense of adventure, exploration, character progression and flexibility. My only regret with previous TES titles was that the game inevitably had to end at some point. That's not necessarily the case with TESO, and I will gladly spend the $60 +$15/ month to play an Elder Scrolls game that pretty much never ends while also being able to play it online with friends while also being able to make new ones.

The game isn't perfect, but it's fun enough for me to willingly spend my money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    They're still charging for the box. That means 100% of the game isn't for the sub fee. And, as of right now, the cash shop isn't a lie because there is no evidence you can buy anything other than services on it.

- - - Updated - - -

How can a game be designed for consoles, badly ported to PC, and yet have the PC version come out 2 months before the console version?

Makes 0 logical sense.
    The game was obviously designed for consoles....same shitty inventory as skyrim, having very few skills so you don't need a complicated control scheme, quick keys....juts because its being released for PC earlier doesn't change facts that are basically slamming you in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    The game was obviously designed for consoles....same shitty inventory as skyrim, having very few skills so you don't need a complicated control scheme, quick keys....juts because its being released for PC earlier doesn't change facts that are basically slamming you in the face.
    The inventory is absolutely nothing like Skyrim.

I will link this again:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...me-to-consoles

As Greevir said the inventory is nothing like Skyrim's UI it is more like SkyUI. MMOs are moving towards limited action slots see GW2, EQN, WildStar and ESO. Two of which are not on consoles.

Didn't Oblivion tell you what buffs and debuffs you had? That's definitely one of the improvements I feel needs to be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Oblivion tell you what buffs and debuffs you had? That's definitely one of the improvements I feel needs to be made.
    ESO shows you what buffs and debuffs you have. Look at your character.

Just because game is heavily favoring the Elder Scrolls fans in the making, thus the controls and the UI, game was not designed for consoles inn prio.

On the side though about the UI, buffs, debuffs, buttons this / that, short-cuts, key-binding variety, MINIMAP and all, don't you think these will all be fixed with heavy add-on support anyway ? I really think so at least. I never really liked the given UI all that much in pretty much any mmo so far, also always had fun customizing my own UI, looking forward for it on eso too as long as they let us. One thing might be the addition of combat log.

Problem is that they aren't facts. Sharuko has already linked evidence that states otherwise. Also, since when has Elder Scrolls ever been a console first game? I mean ever? When has Elder Scrolls ever employed a keyboard piano type of skill structure? Next you're gonna tell me that Morrowind was obviously designed for consoles despite the fact that Bethesda didn't even announce they were working on an XBox version until a year after they announced their initial release date on PC. Sorry, but you're wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a very good indicator, especially with lower end computers that are running on lower graphical settings. There should be CLEAR indicators. Those aren't clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I will link this again:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...me-to-consoles

As Greevir said the inventory is nothing like Skyrim's UI it is more like SkyUI. MMOs are moving towards limited action slots see GW2, EQN, WildStar and ESO. Two of which are not on consoles.
    You can include The Secret World into that as well. Also not on consoles.

I don't recall it being displayed on screen normally. on a list in the magic menu though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I don't recall it being displayed on screen normally. on a list in the magic menu though
    I always thought it was DarnUI (a interface mod for Oblivion) that added the icons on screen. Not sure though.

Looking at your character may tell you that you have a buff or debuff, but not which one you have, it's duration, or it's effect.

Having to go into your character screen to see what you were affected by may have been OK in a single player TES game due to the game pausing when you opened your menu, but in a game that doesn't pause, it's just not OK.

I would like more feed back on buffs/debuffs and dmg. melee feels very lacking in terms of feedback. If not numbers then something maybe a slight animation change on a hit vs a miss or something. This has been my number 1 feed back point on every beta weekend so far.

UI and limited action buttons is fine with me, I'm actually glad games are moving that way, and I think if Blizzard can figure out how with out pissing off players they will do it to.

Deleted
    I too would like to see more feedback on buffs and debuffs - but that's the sort of thing that with a decent api, addons should make more than possible. I'd like to hear some more about the API actually, since we haven't heard much about that yet.

Ugh... so glad they scrapped that thing.
    Thank god the only choice is Yes or No instead of the ability to chose ourselves!

/sarcasm

I don't understand why people keep saying single player, in the first zones there are like skulls on the map that should be elite areas that are for groups. Forget dungeons and pubic dungeons or PvP even the open world zones have group content.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Looking at your character may tell you that you have a buff or debuff, but not which one you have, it's duration, or it's effect.
    Most of the debuffs I've run into have fairly obvious graphical effects that hint at that they do, the weirdest one so far was the nightblade siphon skill line heals that look more like bleeding out.