After release of this game I have got only about 3-5 guild invites from gold sellers. Less than 10 mails. Seen the spam in zone chat only perhaps 2-3 times for a short period of time.

In my eyes, this is very little gold selling. I play on EU server, though.

I have yet to have problems with dungeon boss getting killed too fast, but I have seen many (not always) times the boss location being rather crowded. I do not know if these people are bots, but as said, they have yet to cause problems for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I would too if the addon would work for me. Get 3-4 mails a day and chat is flooded with it. Makes selling crap also harder. Yesterday I had to relog 5 times and spending 10 mins trying to find a instance chard for a dungeon where bots wouldn't instagib the boss so I could get my dungeon done...it's fucking ridiculus.
    I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of being in later zones (leaving Shadowfen today, hopefully) or possibly being in a low-pop faction (unsure about faction ratios, but I'm Ebonheart) but I never, ever, see gold spam on my main. My bank alts/hoard characters and future alts though... uh, Dominion I don't ever see it, but login to my DC alt for mats movement and chat is overflowing with gold spam. I usually ignore+report and move on, but it does seem to be really dominant on the DC side for some reason. This is on the US server.

Edit: That said, I'm also not sure I'd say that people sitting on those bosses in the dungeons are really bots. I do it myself until I get the blue item, just to see if it's an upgrade over anything I have... there doesn't seem to be a detailed thing like WoWhead for ESO yet, and so the curiosity is there. If they were farming it for the white items/soul gems/a green/possible blue item then I feel it would be much faster and more efficient to multi-pull groups and wipe the floor with them in places like Sanguine's Demesne in Shadowfen, which has 5-7 mob packs in it...easy enough to do with my DK. They drop a lot more green and blue items, a lot faster.
    Last edited by ArionCasea; 2014-04-15 at 04:42 PM.

Re: limited bag/bank space

I was so glad when I maxed provisioning. That was a bank alt and a half keeping all those cooking materials. You always seem to loot next tier cooking materials long before you're able to loot the accompanying recipes too.

Now if I could just max alchemy that'd be another mule gone. Main thing holding me back there are the higher tier waters, I have tons of herbs.

Enchanting, I guess, is going to be muled for awhile. It's so slow.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    ESO doesn't throw a lot of fluff at you. The game is more of a immersive MMO experience. A lot of design choices like limited bag /bank space can be very annoying, but they are designed for the games longevity. So if a person or reviewer plays the game for a week or two, they will be annoyed with the game. But if you look at it long terms, those are minor issues.

ESO feels a lot like WoW at least when I played a lot back in BC and WotLK, can anyone name a lot of "fun" experiences they had? I am sure there are spurts here and there but the vast majority of the time was not exciting or fun, but people kept playing. My fondest memories of WoW are the most annoying ones like my Night Elf running to Ironforge and getting killed by Crocs over and over and over again.
    Again, it's debatable, and all in the eye of the beholder. We've all only played the game for a week or two and clearly a lot aren't annoyed. Those who played beta already saw it, and most did the beta, those who didn't jumped into something that is different but not something that "feels" right to everyone. And yep, the immersive experience for sure as I've said in previous posts that I lose hours at a time and I put back stories to the characters I create because I LOVE the ES lore and universe.

Not annoyed though, not impressed either though, but still having fun. It just feels like I turned off Skyrim and turned on a weird modded version of it that I pay for.

To me it feels nothing like WoW, Vanilla, BC or any Expac, I can't say it feels like any MMO I've played. It feels... like I said earlier. Previous elder scrolls games, just with people in it.

I'm pretty much in the current state of: I'm having fun, but I'm not having 15$ a month fun. I'd play it constantly if was free, but I just can't honestly say I'd pay 15$ a month for something that feels more like a standalone with a chat than and MMO. For some reason, I don't know if it's the lack of name plates or what, but all of those people who play around me. I don't know, they're just easily ignorable to me. And -that- is a first in an MMO for me. Even in dungeons, other players just seem like bad AI companions lolol.
    This is probably the first MMO I've played that I can say I enjoy playing, I have fun playing it, I love the lore, I love the universe, I love running around and exploring, but there's something missing that makes me want to pay for it. Weirdly enough, I've payed for every other MMO under the sun for something as stupid as "I want to talk to people in guild chat", or that I ONLY raided and hated everything else in the game. I like everything in this game, but for some reason I haven't had a click that makes me want to play past 30 days.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-04-15 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    For some reason, I don't know if it's the lack of name plates or what, but all of those people who play around me. I don't know, they're just easily ignorable to me. And -that- is a first in an MMO for me.
    I agree to that to a point, in most MMOs if there are not many people around I don't like to quest. When I played Rift, a lot of the higher level zones didn't have many people when I got there, and I hated leveling. But in ESO I can quest just fine if no one is around me, it feels ok. However, you are really missing out on a lot if you don't group. The 4 man dungeons are a lot of fun.

In terms of the WoW comparison, I meant it feels just as immersive as WoW felt to me back in BC. I was not comparing the games. Another point, the opinion of the game is all over the place. Some people think it feels like an MMO, some people think it feels like a TES game. I don't think that is a bad thing from the developers point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree to that to a point, in most MMOs if there are not many people around I don't like to quest. When I played Rift, a lot of the higher level zones didn't have many people when I got there, and I hated leveling. But in ESO I can quest just fine if no one is around me, it feels ok. However, you are really missing out on a lot if you don't group. The 4 man dungeons are a lot of fun.

In terms of the WoW comparison, I meant it feels just as immersive as WoW felt to me back in BC. I was not comparing the games. Another point, the opinion of the game is all over the place. Some people think it feels like an MMO, some people think it feels like a TES game. I don't think that is a bad thing from the developers point of view.
    See I'm the opposite, I like questing with lots of people around me, but in ESO lots of people don't actually feel like people. It feels like I've just been soloing everything, including dungeons.

I think the downside to seeing it more as a TES game is that I'm less likely to pay a monthly fee for a TES game. I can't say my morrowind/Skyrim/Oblivion files would have seen as many hours as they did had I needed to pay for it every month.

It's okay though, I'll keep playing, let the time run out and then who knows, I may have that want to play like I've had in other games after not playing them for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood how nameplates can possibly make a person feel more immersed into the world. It does the complete opposite for me. For me, the other players running around and the NPCs are no different whatsoever. They are just the population of the world. I am the hero in the world. The other players are just people I can ask for assistance in doing so. Also, I generally hate any kind of UI element so there's that, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I think the downside to seeing it more as a TES game is that I'm less likely to pay a monthly fee for a TES game. I can't say my morrowind/Skyrim/Oblivion files would have seen as many hours as they did had I needed to pay for it every month.
    I never understand that stance. For me personally time is more valuable than money. So if a game is not worth $15 dollars a month it is not worth my time. If I didn't like a game I wouldn't play it if it was free or subscription.

In terms of my interest long term, it will depend on if they have updates that I like. If they don't have them, I won't. Simple as that. I was never the kind of person that would pay 1 year subscription to WoW if they had no content patches. If ESO puts out content every 2 months that I like, I will stay. If they don't, I will unsub.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-04-15 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go watch doctor who, can someone spam here when eu is up so i don't have to keep loading/ logging in :P

The maintenance for the North American megaserver is taking a little longer than anticipated, and we expect the server to come back online no later than early this evening.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...egaserver-4-15

What is "early evening" code for? Like 4pm?

10+ Year Old Account
    The maintenance for the North American megaserver is taking a little longer than anticipated, and we expect the server to come back online no later than early this evening.

With Zenimax you don't know... For me it translates to "don't bother with it today and try again tommorrow...."

Deleted

Considering the EU servers went down at 4PM and they said it would be up later this afternoon, I don't know what their clock schedule is to be honest. I think early evening to them can mean anything up to 8-9PM but that's just guessing based on their previous use of "evening" and "afternoon"

At least. "Evening" to me has always been about 5-6pm, 4pm I would consider "late afternoon" but maybe it's "early evening" to some.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    See, differs from person to person.

I don't know. I like seeing that the NPC's are different than players. I've never really had the "I'm the hero" thing make me feel more special, I don't know if that's due to other mmo's but the only time I've ever felt like a hero in a game is in one where I was the only player.

As for that, I have a lot less money than time on my hands, so over all if I have to pay for a game to spend time in that game, generally I have to determine if that game is worth my money. Unless I have a dedicated reason to play a game (raiding was mine for years), then I'm more of a "log on when I feel like playing" person than a "log on to use what ever time left is in that game." or "log on because I have too" I turned on WoW about a month or two ago after a 7-8 month break, I played for 5 days before getting bored. I felt that to be a waste of my 15$ I could have wasted else where (and would have felt more satisfied) and I did log in more than I wanted because I figured, well I paid, I might as well play.

If it was free, I'd do the same thing I do with GW2. Log in when I feel like playing (could be once a month, maybe every few months), not be bothered by X days available, and not have to debate if I want to pay again for the next month.

I always do month subs and immediately cancel. Any month could be the month I get bored, I'm aware of that and I wouldn't really like to get charged for something I didn't want to play anymore.

Amusement parks are fun, but we don't always want to pay the entry fee to get in, no matter how much fun we might have once we get in. But if that amusement park was free, boy would a lot of minds be changed.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-04-15 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    has anyone tried a 1h+shield DPS build? Is it possible to have one without stealing agro from the tank?

Deleted
    So I'm stuck at 61/62 quests in Shadowfen >.< I've been trying to find which quest I'm mising on the internet, and this is the only one that I can't remember doing (THREEFOLD FOLLY - Threefold Folly lost his lute in a riddle game with . Erranenen asked me to get his lute back. Akishan should be just down the road).

But I have a problem finding a NPC that gives this quest, can someone direct me as to where he is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by despair9 View Post
    So I'm stuck at 61/62 quests in Shadowfen >.< I've been trying to find which quest I'm mising on the internet, and this is the only one that I can't remember doing (THREEFOLD FOLLY - Threefold Folly lost his lute in a riddle game with . Erranenen asked me to get his lute back. Akishan should be just down the road).

But I have a problem finding a NPC that gives this quest, can someone direct me as to where he is?
    he is near where the egg hatchery for the argonians the hist tree place or w/e where u have to save the eggs .he is along one of the roads. leading to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    has anyone tried a 1h+shield DPS build? Is it possible to have one without stealing agro from the tank?
    For what it's worth, at per lvl ~30 spamming bash with the improved bash 2/2 passive deals a lot of damage very quickly.
    Also stuns from charge and/or power bash is always good for solo and teamplay, and to some extend the -15% dmg from deep slash as well.
    So not anything mind blowing but nice utility and decent damage, also the only spell that will steal aggro from the tank is puncture, so don't use that and you shouldn't take the aggro.

So I'm stuck at 61/62 quests in Shadowfen >.< I've been trying to find which quest I'm mising on the internet, and this is the only one that I can't remember (THREEFOLD FOLLY - Threefold Folly lost his lute in a riddle game with . Erranenen asked me to get his lute back. Akishan should be just down the road).
    AHAH so that was YOU spamming on zone chat this afternoon ?
    To answer you : I have no idea, have you done all the warrior / mage guilde quests ? All the quests in caves, ruins ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    AHAH so that was YOU spamming on zone chat this afternoon ?
    To answer you : I have no idea, have you done all the warrior / mage guilde quests ? All the quests in caves, ruins ?
    HAHA what? I'm just patching the game now, so no it wasnt me xD And yes I believe I've done everything, I've heard some rumours though that using intimidate or going straight to quest without other NPC pointing you to there could make you short a quest or 2. :P

HAHA what? I'm just patching the game now, so no it wasnt me xD And yes I believe I've done everything, I've heard some rumours though that using intimidate or going straight to quest without other NPC pointing you to there could make you short a quest or 2. :P
    Yeah I was having this issue too. 60/62 for me. I spent several hours over a couple days to find quests (after doing some research before for when I had a few other quests short) and yeah still nothing. I am fully expecting that I missed something with the Hei Heilal (or however you spell it) doing something with those mercenaries and intimidate or possible npc bread crumb stuff. So at level 34 went up to Eastmarch for now and seeing if it gets updated a little later. At least I got the skyshards and all the dungeons and such done.