The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So, how do I get into a group to do that skull and crossbones areas? Ive seen them, but I tried to solo one of the mobs in one and it fase pwned me.
    I believe you can use the group finder (which is just to fill groups) for any activity in the game. You then have to go wherever it is, but the good part is that you can port to your group members so only one person has to go there. If that specific content isn't in the list, just ask in zone for a group for *named mob/area* and you should get hits fairly quickly. And this is of course if you don't already have people hanging around the area already. Now is a good time for organic (read: not invited) groups to do content together. Sorta like GW2, you don't have to be in a group to do group things like that.
    BAD WOLF

I thought the combat was clunky during beta but it's improved a lot. It isn't WoW, like I said it's an ES and you gotta play it like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I believe you can use the group finder (which is just to fill groups) for any activity in the game. You then have to go wherever it is, but the good part is that you can port to your group members so only one person has to go there. If that specific content isn't in the list, just ask in zone for a group for *named mob/area* and you should get hits fairly quickly. And this is of course if you don't already have people hanging around the area already. Now is a good time for organic (read: not invited) groups to do content together. Sorta like GW2, you don't have to be in a group to do group things like that.
    Yup, it's worth remembering that you do not need to be in a party to get credit, so you can simply /zone "This boss mob is up, anyone wants to kill? NE corner of map." and people will almost always show up.

The other thing to remember is that you can right click a members name in a party and travel to, to be placed at the nearest waypoint. For guildies, you do not even need to be in a party. You can open up guild list, and travel to the nearest waypoint of any member online... so guilds are definitely an advantage for doing group content as well, just ask if someone can port to you.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bought the game this weekend, rolled a templar with 2h specialization...Jesus F Christ is it fun!

Upper cut followed by my critical chrage with the damage bonous based on range takes care of most mobs that are my level. If not Aedric spear finishes them off. I did not have much stock plased in the game but after just blindly running around and seeing how much it plays like an offlin ES game but with people around..well I think this appropriate.

How much of a specialized healer do you have to be to heal low-level dungeons? I'm an archer-templar with the first two abilities from the healing tree and a few bits of +mana medium armor. Is that enough, or am I going to wipe groups and generally embarrass myself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where can I find a guide to play this game "right".

It sounds like a stupid question, but this game is not like other MMOs. At all. I would like to read a guide on what is important and what is not. Do you guys know of any community sites that have a good wiki of info? I purchased this game because afew friends told me to. Usually I read everything there is to read on MMOs I plan on buying. I went into this game knowing nothing. Seriously, I knew it was like Skyrim, thats it. I didnt even know there was crafting until I seen the crafting abilities in the skill point menu.

I find myself logging in to do quests to get to max level quickly, but I have a feeling thats not how this game is supposed to play at all.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2014-04-21 at 04:16 PM.

Is there any option for blood splatter in the game? I looked but found no option. Since they already have an M rating for the game they should try for even more realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I can't really bring myself to keep doing quests any longer. It's boring as hell. The quests are completely bottlenecked by the MMO nature and the extremly limited pool of narrative devices they pull from, which becomes evident rather quickly. I've just been running around doing the same mechanically simple, repetitive tasks across several zones now and whenever the game calls for more complex exposition they have me enter someone's mind/memories/dreams over and over which gets really old after the first 3 times.

In fact, I would say World of Warcraft has had considerably more varied and creatively designed quests than this game since Cataclysm came along. That makes it feel especially ironic when it can't even compete with the token fall guy for MMO criticism in the quest department.

All of this wouldn't be as bothersome as it is if it weren't for the fact that alternate ways of gaining experience like doing group dungeons or PvP wasn't so damn ineffective in comparison.
    I'm in the same boat as u....can't play much more than an hour without getting bored. Definitely don't get the urge to play in my off time like with other games I've enjoyed over the years. Dunno if I can pinpoint it on any one particular thing. Gameplay has always been a weak point for me in this game. Too repetitive and I'm not a fan of the lack of usable skills. Questing like you say...although I appreciate the amount of work they put into the lore that's not something I place that much importance in. Ultimately the quests all boil down to go here and talk to a guy, kill a guy or collect some shit. Standard MMO fare but when the gameplay is weak it doesn't add to the motivation. I'm gonna play it on and off just until something better comes along but I don't see any long term potential for myself personally

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Where can I find a guide to play this game "right".

It sounds like a stupid question, but this game is not like other MMOs. At all. I would like to read a guide on what is important and what is not. Do you guys know of any community sites that have a good wiki of info? I purchased this game because afew friends told me to. Usually I read everything there is to read on MMOs I plan on buying.

I find myself logging in to do quests to get to max level quickly, but I have a feeling thats not how this game is supposed to play at all.
    There is no right way to play it. It is an elder scrolls game. Whatever way you want to play it is the right way.

I've got like 5 skill points and nothing to spend them on.

Could invest in another profession I suppose, but the main abilities for my class (Dragon Knight) are pretty useless as I'm spec'd Stamina.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so hard to find a decent player on EU servers that will make me into a werewolf & none of my mates play it theyre all holding out for the ps2 version ( FAAIL )

I'm trying to decide wether to spec more in Stamina or Magika, right now Stamina is in the lead, followed by health then magika. 2handed dragon knight. For stamina abilities I use uppercut and critical charge, the rest are ardent flame with one dragon ability. Decisions decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    so hard to find a decent player on EU servers that will make me into a werewolf & none of my mates play it theyre all holding out for the ps2 version ( FAAIL )
    Because you're asking for free (repeatedly) for something that sells for a lot of gold. If you want it for free, you need to go out and do the hard work of getting bitten - you've already been linked multiple guides for how to do so.

Ok i bought this game and play for almost a week and well..... i'm bored as hell.... Leveling in this game is soo bloooody boring to be honest i spend more time exploring and craftin then levelin ... another lacking mmo i just cant understand after so loong why any developers cant do a disent mmo for all ... I would love to see mmo with Swotor leveling style and WoW - GW2 mix of end game that would be an avsome game insted we got another game with potencial that die after 6 months after releas

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I've got like 5 skill points and nothing to spend them on.

Could invest in another profession I suppose, but the main abilities for my class (Dragon Knight) are pretty useless as I'm spec'd Stamina.
    how are they useless? they're soemthing you can draw from when you're low on stamina?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    how are they useless? they're soemthing you can draw from when you're low on stamina?
    I've got all the abilities I want...

I could spec into Fiery whip or Fire breath but what's the point if I'm never going to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I've got all the abilities I want...

I could spec into Fiery whip or Fire breath but what's the point if I'm never going to use them.
    You are definitely doing it wrong. You must find balance between the two resources, otherwise you are subpar. Pure Magicka builds are ok, pure stamina not so much. Especially pvp, where stamina is used a lot for dodging out of CC and bashing.
    That said, you sure can play that way if you want, just know that it's not optimal at all.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Because you're asking for free (repeatedly) for something that sells for a lot of gold. If you want it for free, you need to go out and do the hard work of getting bitten - you've already been linked multiple guides for how to do so.
    asking 2s isnt repeatedly...repeatedly is OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.....

free to get in game cant help that people are just greedy only a dumbass would pay stupid amount for it, and i want it at a low level not at the end of the game.
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2014-04-21 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    free to get in game cant help that people are just greedy only a dumbass would pay stupid amount for it, and i want it at a low level not at the end of the game.
    Join a vampire/WW guild. Otherwise, enjoy scamfests, endless camping for the ww mobs or paying insane prices.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people still pay a lot for WW bites considering the plethora of werewolf spawns in the past week. Seriously, where's the damned vampires?