Deleted
    If "Angry Joe" wasn't angry, he'd just be Joe. Who cares what some random Joe thinks about a game? Oh, right. He's "angry" so that makes his opinion interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-04-22 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If "Angry Joe" wasn't angry, he'd just be Joe. Who gives a shit about what some random Joe thinks about a game? Oh, right. He's "angry" so that makes his opinion interesting.
    I don't see the "angry" at all. "Angry" to me would be more along the lines of Dontain. I suppose I'd have to agree with others that he's more "whiny" than anything, though I doubt Whiny Joe is a great tag to lure viewers. :P Joe also seems way too easily swayed by his audience. Maybe that's good for YouTube hits, but not for making reviews with any sort of integrity.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Finally got the bank spaces sorted out after the bug, rather than just re adding the space they gave gold to re purchase the tabs and any items that may have went missing, now i did have much more than low level crafting mats and 2 lots of additional bank space but they gave me 22k gold compensation.

Deleted
    Pretty awesome post on reddit about messing up the bots that are still being a nuisance in the public dungeon boss spots

What we discovered through trial and error is that if you can get the boss to move far enough away from the spawn point with the bots in tow, the bots get stuck and don't know how to return to the spawn point. We started using the DK's Chain ability (if you haven't seen it, allows you to harpoon an enemy and drag them towards you) to move the bosses around.

A single chain was not usually long enough to move the boss enough to confuse the bots, so we started teaming up with chains of multiple DKs in a row (DK Alpha drags the boss from the spawn point to his location, Beta drags the boss further away, Gamma drags the boss even further away) to move the bosses around corners, behind crates, or anything that could lead the bots to a point where they get stuck.

In our experience, it took 2-3 DKs to get the boss and the bots far enough away from the spawn point for the effect to kick in, but once it did it was clear that the bots had no idea what they were doing. Spawn points were blissfully clear of non-human campers, while there were a pile of bots in the corner hopping over and over again walking blindly towards nothing. It was glorious.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...o_defeat_them/

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Pretty awesome post on reddit about messing up the bots that are still being a nuisance in the public dungeon boss spots

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...o_defeat_them/
    I tried something similar yesterday, but couldn't drag it far enough before it died. And, according to the human campers, doing so made me "a F**K!"
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Although I find angryjoe irritating as all hell, the mount price is something I actually agree on. Prices in general, really. Repairs and respecs are similarly steep. Since I prefer to spend my time playing the game instead of hawking goods in zone chat, I doubt I'll have a horse for quite a while.

Surely there's some middle ground between trade guilds with 500 people max and a megaserver-wide auction house? What about one auction house for each PvP campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Although I find angryjoe irritating as all hell, the mount price is something I actually agree on. Prices in general, really. Repairs and respecs are similarly steep. Since I prefer to spend my time playing the game instead of hawking goods in zone chat, I doubt I'll have a horse for quite a while.

Surely there's some middle ground between trade guilds with 500 people max and a megaserver-wide auction house? What about one auction house for each PvP campaign?
    If you can take and hold a keep, you can open up your guilds AH to everyone in that keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

And just started watching angry twats review...so far it looks like he hasn't got to far in the game to give a proper opinion.

QQ game requires a credit card to even start playing, an absolute non argument as EVERY single sub based MMO requires you to enter your payment method up front be it CC or time code

QQ mobs only give one gold...yeah, at the start they do later on they give more so this is a true and accurate review of the game when he apparently played so little?

Whining about the price of the mounts....got mine at level 17 although its the base one, not exactly hard to get even for someone thats not in a guild and does not trade....

The puzzles that he's whining about not getting completed as a group, tbh i'd rather figure out the puzzle on my own rather than starting, and it completing when someone else that has done it rushes ahead and leaving me to wonder what the fuck just happened.
    Whining about some quest being anti climatic...because he's grouped.

Bots in the public dungeon very annoying but there isn't really much they can do with it being online, the "fix" to put it on a cool down is meh, but the other "fix" is to trust the server rather than the client and hide code so bots can't work/work well which then ruins other aspects of the game.

I'll agree that the grouping is broken though and that the bugs are tedious but damn this guy is a whining cunt, moaning about bots in the public dungeon and not reporting them.........................

If you can take and hold a keep, you can open up your guilds AH to everyone in that keep.
    And I'm sure that's fine and dandy for the relatively small number of people in that PvP guild. For everyone else, tough luck.

Why do trading opportunities have to be tied to success in PvP?

Deleted
    I really don't get the complaints about gold. I'm only level 40, I haven't grinded anything, abused anything, exploited anything, I've been levelling all my crafts, and I've made around 150k gold. Now I've spent it all on bag and bank space, because I'm happy with my imperial mount for now... but this is just 3 weeks into the game, from selling shit in a couple of trading guilds (one of which isn't even full) and being smart about buying/selling/crafting.

But then it's the same with WoW, I was one of those people who had over a million gold and was always confused by people complaining about how 20k for something was way too much, so I think there will always be a disconnect of gold amounts in MMOs but (and I really don't mean to insult anyone here who is struggling with gold), I don't feel like this is a fault of the game, but simply of the way people play it.

And I'm sure that's fine and dandy for the relatively small number of people in that PvP guild. For everyone else, tough luck.

You asked for an AH for a whole campaign. There it is. That seems to be how it is designed.

As I already sad, I don't agree with that design, but suggesting it doesn't exist/misunderstanding the whole thing is pretty silly.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Or rather, who in their right mind would come up with a system where the only way to really make money is to belong to a guild. Trading and making money is solely tied to belonging to a guild, because we all know zone chat trading is completely pointless.

But alas, it's the time of the social media we live in, where you are forced into these hippie circlejerk communities in order to be able to play properly. Elder Scrolls just takes it a step further and denies everyone without a guild the possibility of becoming wealthy.

I really don't get the complaints about gold. I'm only level 40, I haven't grinded anything, abused anything, exploited anything, I've been levelling all my crafts, and I've made around 150k gold.

Well, to be honest, you did make your gold by belonging to what, four trade guilds, selling stuff in the guild stores? The complaints about gold are most likely from people who aren't in big guilds and who can't use the guild stores.

You asked for an AH for a whole campaign. There it is. That seems to be how it is designed.
    He meant an AH that everyone who comes to Cyrodiil can use to sell stuff in. There's no such AH. There's just the VIP AH that belongs to your guild, if you happen to be in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Re: Angry Joe

That would be his third 'review/impressions' video on ESO at this point. The first one was a disgrace and in the second one he did a complete 180. I'm guessing he went back to disgrace mode, not that I see how anyone could take him seriously after his extreme waffling on the game. I'm not even going to deign that video a view, he doesn't deserve it. Honestly, he's one of the worst video game "reviewers" I've ever seen. Rubbish.

Aw! I figured it was time for a change since I'd used it I think for the entirety of the time I played GW2. I just need Jinx to cooperate and give me a good/new picture to use.
    Hmm, thats funny because basically what I gathered wasn't any "doing a 180", he liked the pvp, but the pve was shit, didn't think that was to hard to pick out from what he said.

Deleted

Well, to be honest, you did make your gold by belonging to what, four trade guilds, selling stuff in the guild stores? The complaints about gold are most likely from people who aren't in big guilds and who can't use the guild stores.
    I actually made a lot of gold in /zone - since you don't have the large cuts, if you're selling anything for more than 1k, you're better off using /zone. I don't know about the lower zones, but in the higher zones there is very little spam and a fair bit of trading going on.

I'm in 2 trading guilds, one is member capped, the other is not (it's the same guild I added you to in the start by mistake but I think you left), so people can still join that guild if they want to.

I don't really see the problem with the guild system. Yeah, you have to join a community, in an MMO.. what's the big deal? There are plenty of trading guilds with 400members that are not capped, I see multiple guilds every day recruiting in /zone. From my experience the best deals are made in /zone, but prices seem fairly stable between the two trading guilds I'm in. You get 5 guilds to join so it's not like it takes you away from your real community of friends.

Anyone who is not in a trade guild is doing so by choice, so again, it comes down to the fact that gold is not hard to make, but there are certain things you need to do to make it, and you have to choose to do those things. Joining a trading guild is currently one of those things but is perfectly possible for absolutely anyone to do with a few minutes of their time.

He meant an AH that everyone who comes to Cyrodiil can use to sell stuff in. There's no such AH. There's just the VIP AH that belongs to your guild, if you happen to be in one.
    And as I said, if you guild can take and claim a keep, you can open up your guild's AH to everyone in your faction playing on that campaign.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

That's precisely what I meant. Treat PvP campaigns as servers for the purposes of a non-guild-restricted server-wide AH, as the megaservers are too big.

I have limited time to play and when I do I want to be playing. Not standing around yelling WTS. Not dealing with jerks who curse at me for not accepting their crappy offer. Not sorting through 5 guild tabs with no search function trying to find the right price to sell at.

Deleted
    Yeah, you have to join a community, in an MMO.. what's the big deal?
    The big deal is that you have to. Being able to, no big deal. Having to, big deal.

Deleted
    One way of looking at it is

In the WoW world, trading is limited by a small server - which can result in problems if the server becomes underpopulated over time (which they have).
    In the GW2 world, trading is unlimited, which resulted in everything become undervalued over time because supply was higher than demand.

In the ESO world, if this makes it easier to think about it, joining a trading guild is the same as joining a small server, because it is an isolated economy. People can join and leave that economy, but it's limited to a maximum population, and will be less successful if the population falls. If you view a trading guild in that way, it is exactly the same as one trading guild = one small WoW style server. However, since you can join multiple trading guilds, you can essentially join multiple economies. This means, that if one economy fails (too small, too low demand), you have a backup economy. If you're smart, you'll join 2-3 trading guilds of different factions, since this will net you the most variety in goods and people, and you are still left with 2 genuine communities you can join (I personally have one cross faction social community - the MMOC guild, and one faction based events community to do stuff with).

The system makes a lot of sense given the options. It's trying to take the idea of an isolated economy keeping item value steady over time, but allowing you to join multiple economies which allows for a greater scope of buying/selling/accessing different people.

It is flawed because
    a) The UI is awful, broken, and lacking a search feature
    b) You can only list 30 items per guild, which is too small for many traders.
    c) The member cap (500), is a little small right now.. however, this may be good when the initial release populations diminish as people choose whether not to sub or not. Not all guilds should be near member cap; but you don't want it to be so big as everyone ends up in one guild

The big deal is that you have to. Being able to, no big deal. Having to, big deal.
    You don't have to make money. Gold is something that is a luxury, and a desire in MMOs, but you can see everything in the game without it. Can you do it on the best horse? Nope. Can you have the most bank space? Nope. But you can do it all. The game gives you all the tools to make gold. You can't choose not to use them because the game makes you. That's like saying, WoW forces you to use an AH. No, it doesn't. It's an optional way to make money, it's the most efficient way. Do you refuse to use it simply because WoW makes you use it if you want to sell things quickly and efficiently?

View trading guilds as an isolated economy in the same way as a server is. You have up to 5 of them. They take 2 minutes to join. You aren't forced to use them. You can use /zone. You can vendor. You can just play the game without a large amount of gold. That's entirely your choice, no one is forcing you to do anything. They're giving you the tools to do it, if you choose not to because you don't like those tools, that's fine, your choice at the end of the day, but the tools are there and they're pretty easy to use.

That's precisely what I meant. Treat PvP campaigns as servers for the purposes of a non-guild-restricted server-wide AH, as the megaservers are too big.

I have limited time to play and when I do I want to be playing. Not standing around yelling WTS. Not dealing with jerks who curse at me for not accepting their crappy offer. Not sorting through 5 guild tabs with no search function trying to find the right price to sell at.
    PS, people in my guild who do a lot of trading with trading guilds say there are quite a few good Add-Ons that add a search and memory feature, to search AH's for stuff and remember what prices you sold/saw/bought stuff at.

I'm afraid I don't know the name of one off the top of my head as I don't ever play AHs.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Yeah... The "not forcing to do" -logic can be applied to many things. Nobody forces you to buy an Imperial Edition, but if you want to play an Imperial, you're forced to. Nobody forces you to buy the light horse and feed it for 50 days, but if you want the fastest horse, you're forced to. Same, for example, in WoW; nobody forces you to belong to a raiding guild, but if you want the best possible gear in the game, you're forced to. In the Elder Scrolls, nobody forces you to belong to trading guilds, but if you want to efficiently make money - which, by the way, is not a luxury, but one of the core progressions in almost every single computer game or tabletop role-playing game - you're forced to.

This is simply the first game that I know of, which forces you to belong to a guild in order to sell stuff in an auction. Sure, you can join a trading guild in two minutes, but that has nothing to do with the game and it's mechanic itself. That's a byproduct of how the players approached this whole guild-only auction trading thing. What the developers had in mind, to me at least is clear, and that's simply that people would form and join guilds as they've always done; just that the auction house would be for people in large guilds only. I have no doubt in my mind at least that they didn't see this whole trading guild phenomenon coming.

Why is this a bad thing, then? Well, it's another step to a certain direction. The next steps may include stuff like you'll only gain experience points in a group, or you can only do quests if you chat X lines to other people per day. Or, you have to call all of your RL friends for at least 30 minutes a day on your MMO-specific cell phone, and get their approval on Facebook before you have access to the game for that day.

I come from a country and a culture where we aren't social animals. It's cold and dark and we don't speak to each other. Yet, we're some of the happiest people on this planet according to some studies. I just can't see why an MMO, trying to mimic the real world at least to some extent, can't have both kinds of ways of playing; the hippie community as well as the lone wolves and people who move in small packs. It just seems that almost every single MMO is trying to kill off the latter.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-04-22 at 10:18 AM.