Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    [Agreed, average is the only way I can describe the game. It doesn't do anything terribly, but doesn't do anything very well. It just kind of sits in the middle between "Meh" and "Alright".
    And if you ask him the same question about a game like WoW he would say it is "meh" and "alright", also. The reason I bring that up is that he isn't an MMO player. He gave GW2 a 9, which I completely don't agree with and quit that game in a week.

I think he brought up some valid points in his review, and I hope ZoS works on fixing those aspects. But some were nitpicking, like crying about the fact that horses only seat 1 person. Is stupid as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    In other words this game gets to hard i don't want to have to play properly to beat it once im end level. Yeah i think you should probably go back to wow and spam your swifty macros while you watch tv......
    No, you misunderstand, I don't mind the game being hard, in fact if level 1-50 were harder that would be amazing. My gripe is that, I chose my faction and want to play through the story with that faction, as the hero. What I don't want is to faceroll through my faction story, to then move on to either of the other 2 factions and find that to be the challenge, the opposing faction being the challenge. That secondary and tertiary content should be easy and just faceroll through it. The hard part should be YOUR faction story, YOUR adventure, not the adventure of another faction. I dunno why you have to get so hostile about it. I am simply stating my opinion, is that not what a discussion is about? Then again a large percentage of MMOC community are pillocks, who have a fanny fit if your opinion differs to theirs, much like yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Some alternative, much more positive reviews.
    I think the consensus can be boiled down to this:

The quality is very high, originality maybe not so much. Diehard ES fans may shy away from it in the end (I did), MMO vets may appreciate the PVP and/or skill system. The PVE left to itself struggles with too many issues right now to really stand out.

I stand by my original comment from months ago that this game should have been B2P like GW2 from the start, and would be way healthier down the line. As it stands, F2P is lurking around the corner, and with it many more shenanigans along the lines of paying for races and mounts.
    I know this is tin-foil hat territory but maybe Zenimax's plan IS to go F2P. Make the team look incompetent, replace said team, then make the game F2P and the devs/whatever that said the game would never be F2P are gone so nobody went against their word. Kinda how SWTOR went.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    No, you misunderstand, I don't mind the game being hard, in fact if level 1-50 were harder that would be amazing. My gripe is that, I chose my faction and want to play through the story with that faction, as the hero. What I don't want is to faceroll through my faction story, to then move on to either of the other 2 factions and find that to be the challenge, the opposing faction being the challenge. That secondary and tertiary content should be easy and just faceroll through it. The hard part should be YOUR faction story, YOUR adventure, not the adventure of another faction. I dunno why you have to get so hostile about it. I am simply stating my opinion, is that not what a discussion is about? Then again a large percentage of MMOC community are pillocks, who have a fanny fit if your opinion differs to theirs, much like yourself.
    You can create hard if you want to. Go questing naked and fight higher level mobs. There were many on the IGN forums complaining that it was too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    And if you ask him the same question about a game like WoW he would say it is "meh" and "alright", also. The reason I bring that up is that he isn't an MMO player. He gave GW2 a 9, which I completely don't agree with and quit that game in a week.

I think he brought up some valid points in his review, and I hope ZoS works on fixing those aspects. But some were nitpicking, like crying about the fact that horses only seat 1 person.
    The reason he brought that up is that Zenimax is baiting people to spend real money on a CE for the "free" mount instead of earning the gold ingame (which he argues is too hard). When in other games, even F2P, you can get mounts easier without real money that can even seat friends as well. That was his point.

Look, you have to take Joe in context. He sells his reviews by acting "angry" and annoyed, and he dramatizes certain aspects. But if you pay attention he does relativize, compare pros vs cons, and give credit where it is due. There is a real review in there, just don't get distracted by the comedy bits.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    crying about the fact that horses only seat 1 person. Is stupid as hell.
    I can't watch youtube at work...did he seriously voice the complaint that a mount only seats yourself? We can just throw that whole review in the trash if that's the case. That one statement would prove a complete disconnect with the genre regardless of what viable points he raised.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Aston Martins suck....

Sorry. Didn't really have anything else... (just trying to stop a bickering match before it gets started)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I saw Angry Joe streaming WoW once, a long time ago. It was hilarious. He made an orc, then started running around, not realizing that you could pick up quests from the yellow questionmarks. He just started killing scorpions and boars and complaining about how boring the game is, and that there was nothing to do but kill mobs and kill more mobs.
    Well which is why I find fans of other MMOs bring this review up as ammo, hilarious. When Angry Joe gave ESO a bad review the first time all the WildStar fans started using it to bash ESO. Then Angry Joe said this:

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/sta...25366888148992

And I personally think WildStar does a good job at what it is trying to do. But remember Angry Joe is not an MMO player. Even if he gave ESO a 10 he wouldn't play for more than a week. But his review is good to look at as a review from a non-MMO player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I saw Angry Joe streaming WoW once, a long time ago. It was hilarious. He made an orc, then started running around, not realizing that you could pick up quests from the yellow exclamation marks. He just started killing scorpions and boars and complaining about how boring the game is, and that there was nothing to do but kill mobs and kill more mobs. Only after almost an hour of aimlessly wandering around killing mobs he read his chat and figured out there were quests in the game...
    Thing is, he represents the average Joe player in that. He's NOT a pro player, he's as casual as you can get. But he makes a fair effort of exploring games with his friends. You know how many people started playing WoW and never finished leveling because they got bored, usually because they didn't figure out a certain game mechanic? The majority of box purchasers!

So his review is quite indicative there, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I can't watch youtube at work...did he seriously voice the complaint that a mount only seats yourself? We can just throw that whole review in the trash if that's the case. That one statement would prove a complete disconnect with the genre regardless of what viable points he raised.
    Yeah he said it, this is what he said "When you get your expensive horse, no one can ride it but you. When other games like ArcheAge let people ride with you if they don't have their own"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he said it, this is what he said "When you get your expensive horse, no one can ride it but you. When other games like ArcheAge let people ride with you if they don't have their own"
    Again, you have to put in context. The reason he complained about this fact is due to the CE offering the mount for real money, while getting a mount for ingame gold seems unecessarily tiresome for a casual player like himself. Which is a valid point.

Deleted
    Angry bro is a sellout he gave 10/10 for GW2 couple of years ago
    and gw2 is same crap as eso is so both deserves 3/10 ;o

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Again, you have to put in context. The reason he complained about this fact is due to the CE offering the mount for real money, while getting a mount for ingame gold seems unecessarily tiresome for a casual player like himself. Which is a valid point.
    The horse is 15% faster. It isn't like having a horse is that much of an advantage anyway. I have a 28% speed horse and usually run around inside of riding my mount.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm...I also don't agree that it's too hard to afford a mount in the game. It's expensive and it's crappy that people who spend money get a 17k advantage, but I could have bought a mount days ago if I didn't want to focus on upgrading my inventory. I haven't sold a single thing to any players, just vendored all the stuff I don't need. Fairly simple. I'm level 21. I also don't really see the need for a mount in the leveling game for travel. Seems more beneficial to go on foot using wayshrines to not miss anything.
    BAD WOLF

Can we agree anyone who uses the name "Angry Joe" is obviously a shtick to be, well, ANGRY about video games? Like the Escapist? What are the odds its just part of the persona?

Also, again, screw him and all his dumb videos. Write up your review. If you make a video and like that, write up the transcript (like legitimate media would do).

Deleted
    Just seen the angryjoeshow review.

I've not bought it, and thankfully not after watching that video. It looks exactly like my experience was in the betas. Thoroughly average, and with really outdated mechanics that seam a result of developer inexperience. I may play if it goes F2P, I wont pay a sub. I see little in the game that seams good enough to justify a subscription. The pvp looks interesting, but I'm not sure thats sufficiently different to other games to warrant paying for it every month.

I personally found the video very useful, much more so than most "reviews", I found it gave me lots of information to base my decision on, and that decision is to stay clear for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Can we agree anyone who uses the name "Angry Joe" is obviously a shtick to be, well, ANGRY about video games? Like the Escapist? What are the odds its just part of the persona?

Also, again, screw him and all his dumb videos. Write up your review. If you make a video and like that, write up the transcript (like legitimate media would do).
    um, he was actually pretty positive about the game in his second beta vid. but of course, that opinion you agree with so that must be valid, but anything you dont like is obviously fabricated amright?

Based on my own beta experience I think TAJ review is fair. I woudl personally rate this game as at best average (6/10 if I had to give it a score), but not worth the price tag or sub fee given the other options available to me.

Personal opinion though. If you like it, thats great, hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-04-22 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    What Angry Joe is saying is that Elder Scrolls Online offers nothing special for its subscription fee, that you can already get in other buy-to-play or free-to-play MMO's.
    He gave GW2 a 9
    He gave Guild Wars 2 10/10 with a Badass Seal of Approval.

-

Either way, I know it feels bad when someone dislikes something you like, but I got to say that Angry Joe does really good reviews on video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Joe represents a different take on reviews. If you look at the other ones I linked, they are much more positive, but also far more general and wishy-washy. They don't really go into detail or share their own personal gameplay experience. Joe approaches reviews more from the point of "well, I'm trying this out with my friends, what was fun and what annoyed the fuck out of me?". There are advantages and disadvantages to this approach.

After all is said and done I have to say that the more positive reviews are from obviously MMO-inclined reviewers and huge Elder Scrolls fans, which also skews their final verdict a bit for me. I'd say a 6/10 atm or so is pretty fair, after some tuning and bugfixing one could up that to a 7. Solid, nothing groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    He gave Guild Wars 2 10/10 with a Badass Seal of Approval.
    Right which is why my view on MMOs and his are polar opposites. Which is one of the reasons I said that ESO not throwing a lot of fluff at you will come back and bite them in terms of reviewers. Things like limited bag space, no horses for a while and no AH can be really annoying, but it is designed to provide longevity for the game not immediate satisfaction. But he did bring up some good points in his review.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-04-22 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    Angry bro is a sellout he gave 10/10 for GW2 couple of years ago
    and gw2 is same crap as eso is so both deserves 3/10 ;o
    Part of the gw2 score was the no sub fee which ESO doesnt have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.