Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fortunately the mine was retaken by the tomatoes, so no biggie.
    The circle of Cyrodiil life continues

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there a new FOTM class/spec? My bf was making an "infinitank" DK, but quit with all the DK nerfs and hasn't been enthused about playing since. Hoping to find something that might spark his interest again.
    What type of play does your bf like most? Dungeon/raid? PvP? Solo/duo questing? If he liked the infinitank build, does he solely like tank specs? Clothie specs? Stealth?

Reason I ask is because I was having severe problems with my DK, getting to a spec that I actually liked playing. Tried some different approaches, but none of them felt right. I'd totally shelved him for awhile, but then the other day I was just fooling around with a new ability and it clicked into place. Holy shit. This was the DK I'd always wanted to make. The last few days I've been having more fun on him than any of the other three. Even the Nightblade, and that is a crazy accomplishment. He vaulted the ranks, and now my sorc is left being the "problem child" that can't decide exactly what he wants to be.

That's what I really like about this game, that you can really morph a class into so many different options, and play around with it until you find your personal fit. I still wish respec costs were lower, but at least it's in a decent place now.

A bit of hilarious — they let their SSL certificate (for account management & stuff) expire yesterday. Can you recall a company which had ever allowed this to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Also, quick tip for dominion PvPers at low level, the pre-veteran campaign is full of covenant (Smurfs) and pact (Tomatoes), the dominion have NOTHING, so you're better off avoiding the non vet server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Alright I'm more or less interested in the games potential again, how long do you guys think the game will go before we see an expansion? Based off the old beta map

There are a total of 17 named zones that are not in game (Wrothgar, The Reach, Hjaalmarch, The Pale, Whiterun Hold, Falkreath Hold, Solsthein, Vvardenfall, Southern Marsh, Nib, Blackwood, Anequina, Tenmar, Quin-rawl, Colovian Highlands, The Weeping Desert, and Sunforge). For the zones of Southern Marsh, Nib, Quin-Rawl, The Weeping Desert, and Sunforge I was unable to find a wiki article close enough to their appearance. Looking back at the map there are 3 things that should be noted about the named zones, Vvardenfall is simply to large to be a single zone so it might be split up, otherwise it would be almost as large as the Daggerfall covenants entire area, Solstheim seems to small to be it's own area but at the same time it looks similiar in size to Shadowfen or Stormhaven. Also The Pale appears to be cut in half, this might have to do with the fact that in Skyrim it is divided into 2 provinces, The Pale and Winterhold. Outside of the named zones there is plenty of room for more zones, the peninsula east of Vvardenfall could be 2 zones, there are 2 zones outlined south of the Ebonheart pact but as of yet unnamed, The large area near there could be 2-3 zones but it would be rather boring seeing as they would mostly be marsh for all 3 of them. There are another 2 unnamed yet zones that make up the main Aldmeri island, and the area south of the Daggerfall Covenant could be divided up into 3 more zones with the little area west of the Colovian Highlands rounding out the entire continent. That comes to 17 zones with names that aren't in game and 13 unnamed/not outlined for a grand total of 30 more zones that can be put in game.

Now Craglorn has been going on and added onto over the course of 4 patches so far, with the next update being the last content update for that zone if i remember correctly. Assuming 4 updates per zone is average and a new zone is added in the 5th update then that means that there are another 120 content updates than can be put in game. This is assuming no updates that come without a new zone/content for said zone which is unreasonable. I expect there will be at least 1 content update between adding stuff to a zone or adding a zone this would bring the total up to 150 updates. Assuming this is accurate we could very well be on Tamriel for the next 150 content updates give or take, at 1 update every 5 weeks or 14 years before they need to worry about an expansion. This is assuming best/worst case scenario though in relation to content development. Assuming they even plan on doing an Akavirii expansion it could last just as long because the continent is roughly the same size based off of this map..... how do you resize images? I found a REALLY good image and i wanna put it here..... suppose a link will do for now. http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...r-scrolls.html
    Wrothgar
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Orsinium

and

Orsinium
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Orsinium

Will come with patches. I wonder which zones will expansion open? And how many patches will be before expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    What type of play does your bf like most? Dungeon/raid? PvP? Solo/duo questing? If he liked the infinitank build, does he solely like tank specs? Clothie specs? Stealth?
    Solo/duo questing. Near as I can tell he wants to cause mass devastation without being bored in terms of only ever casting two spells.

I thought Templar was going to be the perfect class for him since he played a paladin in WoW, usually enjoys healing, and also has a preference for mage-types, but he found the 'sun mage' Templar spec to be dull and melee and/or stamina builds don't seem to be advised in ESO in any capacity.

Nightblade was so-so. I thought he was liking the "warlock" spec, but not enough it would seem. He seemed to like melee as long as he was 1-2 shotting things, but with more difficult encounters survivability became an issue.

Sorcerer is so ridiculously weak to begin with neither one of us have managed to level one very far. I'm not sure what level they start becoming powerful, but not soon enough. The spells don't feel effective, mana is constantly an issue, etc. I've enjoyed my "hunter" (pet-based sorc w/bow), but I couldn't get him to try one for very long.

Then we get to DK, which he seemed thrilled about watching my 'pyromancer' and the 'infinitank' videos (the two builds are very similar). Once he heard about the nerfs he just seemed to lose all interest in the game. :\

He hasn't seemed to 'click' with any class. Whenever I would ask him which of our duos he'd want to play he usually didn't have a preference because they were all "meh" to him. A class/spec that pumps out a lot of DPS, has good survivability, and an ability rotation that isn't mind numbing would probably be ideal. I don't know, though. I'm worried he may have completely written off the game since he hasn't been able to find a fun class/build for him yet.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I forgot in my really long post, Tenmar was slated to be a zone at release according to that map, so they probably have a decent amount of the zone done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    How early was that screenshot in development? As they might have also decided to scrap it all together and start a new, you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ah crap, missed trial night by 18 minutes... Thought it was 7pm not 6pm >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    How early was that screenshot in development? As they might have also decided to scrap it all together and start a new, you never know.
    I'm not saying that they have much but at the very least basic terrain and maybe a some texture, when I say basic terrain I mean stuff like mountains and cliffs rather than a flat sheet of green that would be indicative of nothing. Another thing to notice is the patch sizes, considering what we have seen so far I think the patches put out so far are a tad large for the content, which may be proof of getting some stuff for said extra zones out early. Lastly does anyone in the PTR have comparisons of 1.4 delves in the 3 zones that are being updated to live.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are they taking out the shitty veteran leveling so people can come back?

Same with timer trial and limited resses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timers in trials are just for the leader board aren't they? They don't actually effect the game how long you have to do them.
    On the verteran levels there is no time period for it but they are going to need to get it done ASAP so maybe update 6? 7 or 8 are more likely though i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timers in trials are just for the leader board aren't they? They don't actually effect the game how long you have to do them.
    On the verteran levels there is no time period for it but they are going to need to get it done ASAP so maybe update 6? 7 or 8 are more likely though i guess.
    Oh... I thought the timer was like an enrage, thanks I guess I'll try them.

How powerful do they really intend for vet lvls to be? Will raiding guilds still require a certain VR for them or will the new system just be small bonuses to min/max your damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlstrom View Post
    Oh... I thought the timer was like an enrage, thanks I guess I'll try them.

How powerful do they really intend for vet lvls to be? Will raiding guilds still require a certain VR for them or will the new system just be small bonuses to min/max your damage?
    The new system will essentially change the VR system so that now it goes by experience instead of points from quests, instead you will receive points to put in a talent system that is very similar to Skyrims. So basically more customization of your character
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2014-09-07 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new system will essentially change the VR system so that now it goes by experience instead of points from quests, instead you will receive points to put in a talent system that is very similar to Skyrims. So basically more customization of your character
    Wow, that actually looks great and polished, will definitely resub when it changes... how will these be accumulated? Will I have to do the other factions' quests or will I be able to gain points relatively similar paced through dungeons, trials, cyrodiil etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlstrom View Post
    Wow, that actually looks great and polished, will definitely resub when it changes... how will these be accumulated? Will I have to do the other factions' quests or will I be able to gain points relatively similar paced through dungeons, trials, cyrodiil etc?
    Not entirely sure, probably a mix though. It would have to be different than how you get normal points though so maybe 1 per VR?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Sorcs don't get strong until 40ish imo, when you get dark exchange and critical surge. I played a caster crit build 1-50, then recently switched to a stam build while I'm leveling werewolf. Does he like stealth builds? Any class can one-shot from stealth with Wrecking Blow from 2H. But then you have to build for stam, which can be annoying since you don't get to use your class abilities as often.

All my guys are stealthers now, I made the Night's Silence set for each of them...being able to run at full speed in stealth has made the game a lot more fun for me, everything just goes more smoothly. My NB uses full magicka--veiled strike will one-shot most mobs from stealth as long as you keep magicka near cap. (shadow stone) For the DK, flame lash will do the same. With an immobilize or stun, flame lash->flame lash->heavy attack will down most mobs very fast and heal at the same time. Works well with destro, resto, 2h, or 1h/sh.

Anyway, just throwing stuff out there, personal taste accounts for a lot. It's so nice when you do find something that works for you.

I do wish they'd allow about 8 hotkeys though, I think that's part of the problem with getting builds that don't feel too repetitive. But eh, console.

I am interested in the game. I looked online and saw no free trials or anything like that but is there any referral system that gives a person a day trial like some mmos do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexlord View Post
    I am interested in the game. I looked online and saw no free trials or anything like that but is there any referral system that gives a person a day trial like some mmos do?
    not that I am aware of at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    not that I am aware of at least not yet.
    Ok, thanks.

I figured there probably wasn't any cause I couldn't find anything about a referral program on the ESO website.