10+ Year Old Account
    Any way to get a trial of the game? I've been intrigued by it since its announcement but I don't want to drop money on it and find out I don't like it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Wow, Greevir really disappeared for a while from this thread :P

In terms of Vistas, and scenery, ESO is equal to Skyrim.

Where it's vastly inferior is of course close distance, namely, the textures.

But remember, you are comparing something a huge community of rather knowledgeable people has achieved with something that needed every bit of performance it could get.

Frankly, though, if you compare vanillas (as you should, imho) Skyrim makes my eyes bleed without at least an ENB.

EDIT: Also, you should check your ini settings, you have some flickering shadow issues :P
    Yeah, it's been quite a while. Gotta spend some time looking up nightblade stuff before I jump back in tomorrow.

I'm thinking about returning to the game and was wondering what the community/population looks like? I don't expect the zones to be barren or anything like that, but is there still a large playerbase out in the world/Cyrodil? Also what was that about "different PvP maps" listed in an earlier post? That greatly confused me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Any way to get a trial of the game? I've been intrigued by it since its announcement but I don't want to drop money on it and find out I don't like it...
    Soon(tm) it was datamined for the update 5 PTS.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I'm thinking about returning to the game and was wondering what the community/population looks like? I don't expect the zones to be barren or anything like that, but is there still a large playerbase out in the world/Cyrodil? Also what was that about "different PvP maps" listed in an earlier post? That greatly confused me.
    they lowered the amount of crydil campaigns but added ones just for vets that don't last long and some for everyone that lasts a long time thornblade the most popular campaing has a decent wait time to get in most nights. only population thing that makes me sad is finding a good trial group for hardmodes.

1.5 goes to the live servers early next week.

ZOS_GinaBruno admin
    October 30 Staff Post
    Yes, announcement confirmed! We are aiming (keyword: aiming!) to release Update 5 to the Live megaservers next week.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...omment_1347465

My guild mates and I can already pull 1200 to 1400 dps with a two handed melee build next patch is going to make it so fking overpowered can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    1.5 goes to the live servers early next week.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...omment_1347465
    Faster than i expected, 1.6 before Christmas seems likely
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Faster than i expected, 1.6 before Christmas seems likely
    I'd be surprised, even if they keep their current pace. They'll have time off for Thanksgiving (end of November), and then most studios all but shut down for most of December. I'd be willing to bet on a release in January, which is still pretty solid.

I'm just wondering when they're planning on getting the console version out, because I seem to remember they were shooting to have it out before the end of 2014, and it looks like it won't be until early 2015 >.>

Oh well, at least my prediction of 25M or so current-gen units sold to consumers when the console version releases (which was initially made for the first release date) should be accurate by that point -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd be surprised, even if they keep their current pace. They'll have time off for Thanksgiving (end of November), and then most studios all but shut down for most of December. I'd be willing to bet on a release in January, which is still pretty solid.

I'm just wondering when they're planning on getting the console version out, because I seem to remember they were shooting to have it out before the end of 2014, and it looks like it won't be until early 2015 >.>

Oh well, at least my prediction of 25M or so current-gen units sold to consumers when the console version releases (which was initially made for the first release date) should be accurate by that point -_-
    We are supposed to get console news "soon"™

As in never.

I mean, I get that they're waiting until they have the PC version all polished up and filled out (comments about PC being paid beta etc. etc.), but if it ends up being a full year delay between the two that will be awkward, even if all the platforms are segregated.

I mean, I get that they're waiting until they have the PC version all polished up and filled out (comments about PC being paid beta etc. etc.), but if it ends up being a full year delay between the two that will be awkward, even if all the platforms are segregated.
    My theory is they want the remake of the Veteran system to be in the console versions.

My theory is they want the remake of the Veteran system to be in the console versions.
    Oh, totally. I think that was pretty apparent from the start. They're waiting until they have that system overhauled and the justice system fully in place and are on track with mainly content-related updates rather than feature/system updates.

Some interesting info on the Justice System:

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, totally. I think that was pretty apparent from the start. They're waiting until they have that system overhauled and the justice system fully in place and are on track with mainly content-related updates rather than feature/system updates.
    Based on their design timetable, things I think they want to get done before Console versions:

Imperial city
    Justice System
    Champion System

Murkmire, the Solo zone (name eludes me atm), and spellcrafting will be the first content patch for consoles.

That's my theory anyways.

Deleted
    Imperial City & Justice system is update 6, already calling that now.

Champion system is update 7.

But I would still expect update 6 before the end of the year to be honest, it would be a cool gift towards the community for christmas.

Ugh. Every time I dip in here to see what's the haps with ESO lately and if it's a good time to jump in (or back in - I did a couple of the beta weekends, but never played Live) ... it always seems like I'd be better off waiting. Maybe my timing's just bad, and maybe some of the changes around the corner wouldn't really impact a new player too much anyway ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ugh. Every time I dip in here to see what's the haps with ESO lately and if it's a good time to jump in (or back in - I did a couple of the beta weekends, but never played Live) ... it always seems like I'd be better off waiting. Maybe my timing's just bad, and maybe some of the changes around the corner wouldn't really impact a new player too much anyway ?
    I'd wait till the Champion system, in retrospect.

However, some of the stuff coming next week are also really interesting and the endgame is kinda fun atm. So I really don't know.

Well, two things: If you enjoying leveling, questing, then I'd definitely suggest jumping in and doing that, at least to 50, and then maybe take a break until the new post VR content happens. If, on the other hand, you're more of a group player, then go ahead and grind to VR 14, then slack off and wait from there.

Me, I'm just leveling alts for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering ESO's update schedule you will always have that problem. At the moment they probably have most through next year already done and ready to test more or less. If craglorn is any indication each of the new zones will come with 1-2 updates to their questing. And in the other systems and they have plenty of updates down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.