Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Oh I'm sure there's gonna be all that. Don't know about arena, but that'd be cool. But it's not as marketable than big ass epic warfare.
    If their not in at launch, then their going to be in added in later I'm sure.
    One of the many problems with swtor, was how boring the capital cities were. I hope Zenimax not only allows dueling, but have a spot in the city, or just outside the gates where players are allowed to duel. Maybe even being able to duel while in dungeons, so you have something to do when a player goes AFK.

What I'd like to see is you having to travel to dungeons. The thing I miss in WoW is traveling to dungeons. WC was my favorite one to travel to. You had to go through the barrens, then go through a cave and kill mobs to get through. More WPvP, more players in the world, ect.

But it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be a LFD that just ports you to the dungeons. People seem to get very upset these days when they have to experience the game world, and threaten to unsub or whatever.

I don't care if there's a LFD, but I don't want it to teleport you to the dungeon.

What I'd like to see is you having to travel to dungeons. The thing I miss in WoW is traveling to dungeons. WC was my favorite one to travel to. You had to go through the barrens, then go through a cave and kill mobs to get through. More WPvP, more players in the world, ect.

But it's almost guaranteed that there's going to be a LFD that just ports you to the dungeons. People seem to get very upset these days when they have to experience the game world, and threaten to unsub or whatever.

I don't care if there's a LFD, but I don't want it to teleport you to the dungeon.
    Said the guy about the franchise where Skyrim teleports you anywhere you want

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Said the guy about the franchise where Skyrim teleports you anywhere you want
    Not sure what your talking about.

A fast travel system akin to Guild Wars 2's waypoints is likely. Seeing as how that has been possible in the most of the Elder Scrolls games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Clearly been some kind of mistake as I haven't recieved my beta invite.

:O....I didn't get a Beta invite either. I'm devastated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A fast travel system akin to Guild Wars 2's waypoints is likely. Seeing as how that has been possible in the most of the Elder Scrolls games.
    In the elder scrolls a lot of time passes when fast travelling. Since they can't have that happening in an mmo, the only way ESO can do fast travelling without being immersion breaking would be mage portals, or even better real time carriages.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    In the elder scrolls a lot of time passes when fast travelling. Since they can't have that happening in an mmo, the only way ESO can do fast travelling without being immersion breaking would be mage portals, or even better real time carriages.
    Immersion breaking? They can just make shit up to justify it within the world. Getting an ability to allow you to port to certain attuned "locations" isn't any more farfetched than a mage portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what your talking about.
    Fast travel, a feature which has been in multiple Elder Scrolls games. Teleports you instantly to literally almost any point on the world map.

Just a reminder to familiarize yourself with the terms of the NDA before participating in beta events.

Wayshrines are the confirmed form of fast travel; they function very similar to GW2's waypoints, but anything beyond that (such as if there is a cost to use them) is unknown. There are also mounts and a LFD system has been confirmed as ready for implementation. I do like exploring the world to get to a dungeon, and LFD tools typically remove a lot of people from the world; however, mega-server tech could potentially solve the empty zone population problem.

what is wrong with traveling nowdays in MMOs?are all people to stressed to get loots very fast?what do you want the big world then? Traveling have a meaning in MMOs. Except the obvious immersion feelings is also very good for social interaction and for a world that feel alive and full of adventurers..What was wrong in vanilla wow to go to menethil harbor get your ship for kalimdor(meet lot of people in the ship, form groups for the other side, inspect, e.t.c.) and then travel there to go to your destination..

Some will say, the world is there for everyone wants to travel but is not the same. Like If I say that I will give you a 90 level character from the start but if you want you can do 1-90 questing. Fly mounts and instant teleports have not place in an RPG MMO with a big persistent world.

At what change does your MMO stop being a virtual world and start looking like an online lobby with activities to pick from a list? Is it the change from flight points to portals? Is it when the Dungeon Finder starts teleporting everyone? Is it when you can queue up for a warfront/BG from any location rather than from one NPC out in the world? Does it even matter? Do you want your current game to be more worldly, or do you just want to reach the next short burst of content asap?

And if that the answer to that last question is worldly for some, and instant for others, aren’t we talking about two vastly different games, to the point of talking about different genres?
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2013-03-28 at 11:14 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Well the options for fast or faster travel confirmed are:
    Horses (no other mounts have been talked about, devs confirmed horses but said they are not ready to talk about it yet).
    Wayshrines (available for a fee which allows for fast travel across areas of the map. Those who played the demo said it's not cheap to use)

In PvP:
    You will have fast travel lines between keeps. So if you hold 5 keeps in a row you could fast travel between them. One of the things you can do is go into PvP and disrupt this line by attacking the middle keep in the row, for example.
    You can use mounts in PvP.

And that's it. This so far is all we know about fast travel.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-03-28 at 11:49 AM.

Fly mounts and instant teleports have not place in an RPG MMO with a big persistent world.
    The most popular MMO ever made says otherwise. As do the numerous iterative MMOs that followed in it's wake.

The most popular MMO ever made says otherwise. As do the numerous iterative MMOs that followed in it's wake.
    While I am cool with teleporters and flight paths and land mounts...
    Flying mounts did mess up a lot of the aspects that made the vanilla world so great. (Not to mention world pvp)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    While I am cool with teleporters and flight paths and land mounts...
    Flying mounts did mess up a lot of the aspects that made the vanilla world so great. (Not to mention world pvp)
    Yea, but that's subjective at best [who cares]. Dubious at worst.

Fast travel and mounts [ground & air] have just as much a place in MMO RPGs historically in gameplay terms as any other device.

It's silly to say they have "no place" when evidence in mechanical, historical and popularity indicate otherwise.

Yea, but that's subjective at best [who cares]. Dubious at worst.

Fast travel and mounts [ground & air] have just as much a place in MMO RPGs historically in gameplay terms as any other device.

It's silly to say they have "no place" when evidence in mechanical, historical and popularity indicate otherwise.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they have no place, but they have the "world shrinking" effect.
    /shrug
    I guess if you have enough world it isn't an issue.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    eh... it's immersion breaking when you can travel across a continent in less than a day, since it takes a couple weeks to get from skyrim to cyrodiil in lore. i don't think a fast travel system would hurt anything.

I'm not exactly sure how it works in GW2 (I didn't play long enough to learn) but I'd like for you to be able to port just at the entrances of big zones. I mean, ideally I wouldn't like to have porting at all, but since I'm pretty sure they'll have it, I think it'd be nice if they just let you go to the mouth of a large zone, and then you have to traverse the rest of the way on mount (ground mount) or foot. You still get to travel kinda fast and you still get to see people in the world that way.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 08:28 PM ----------

And I want mounts to work the same way as in Skyrim. No prestigious mounts; let us kill and steal mounts from each other. If you log out with a mount in your ownership, then you can log back in with the mount, but if you lose the mount (gets stolen/killed/lost) while you're playing, then you have to buy a new one or steal a new one.

With that in mind, I'd really like to have shards/mini-servers/instances/whatever they're called where it's FFA PVP (outside of Cyrodiil). Since they're doing the entire shards "play with like-minded people" sort of thing, I don't see why not; if people don't like it, they can move to a nonFFA instance.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-28 at 12:30 PM.

Are there dynamic events or level downscaling in TESO?

If not, what is the point and desire to have the population travel through zones already visited?

The reason there are no mounts in GW2 is because exploration, level scaling and dynamic events are game mechanics. That is smart game design.