10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i wonder if there will be any sea elves or sloads in game since it starts in 2E 582
    Maomer (sea elves) have already been confirmed in the game. No word yet on the sloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Maomer (sea elves) have already been confirmed in the game. No word yet on the sloads.
    :O :O :O :O

holy crap, that is awesome. moar lore <3<3<3<3<3!

now they just need to make an elder scrolls game where you're a redguard on yukuda so you can meet the left-hand elves.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/78291...tor+Interview/

So now it's more of a "multiplayer Elder Scrolls" game than a MMO... I wonder if the devs even remember what they were saying during the initial reveal lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/78291...tor+Interview/

So now it's more of a "multiplayer Elder Scrolls" game than a MMO... I wonder if the devs even remember what they were saying during the initial reveal lol.
    From what I've been following, they've mainly stuck to this sort of "Multiplayer" design. It's going to disappoint a lot of MMO fans out there expecting a "WoW-Killer" and this why I kinda believe it's going to a B2P rather than P2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    From what I've been following, they've mainly stuck to this sort of "Multiplayer" design. It's going to disappoint a lot of MMO fans out there expecting a "WoW-Killer" and this why I kinda believe it's going to a B2P rather than P2P.
    so, after almost 10 years of failure, there are still people who believe in a WoW killer?

I don't think devs of any game should care about such people. If those are the people being disappointed, I don't honestly care.

lol funnily enough, it sounds like the perfect game for me. I like being able to solo the game...but I wonder about certain fights. I do like the scale of some mmo fights and bosses. And i kinda like my bars. 5 years of playing mmos and I'm still a clicker :P

Still curious about pets and companions/followers. I like solo play, but i always play a pet class or in SWTOR, just pick a companion i like. If none of the classes offer that, well it'll just be one of those things to consider when thinking of purchasing it.

Deleted
    I have the feeling the game changed a lot from the 1st time they announced it last year (or they presented it very badly at the beginning). From what I remember the 1st info pointed in the direction of a more "classic" and somewhat generic MMO (with perhaps a bigger emphasis on large scale PvP) and it was criticized a lot.

Now it seems to be a completely different game, a standard Elder scrolls game that appeals to the fans of the series, but with other players around and with the possibility to lay siege to keeps and stuff. I don't know if it is just a change in the way they promote the game or if they really made big changes to the game itself after receiving a lot of criticism, but I like the new philosophy of "making it 1st and foremost an Elder scrolls game" much better then trying to appeal to the fickle MMO crowd.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2013-06-06 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I have the feeling the game changed a lot from the 1st time they announced it last year (or they presented it very badly at the beginning). From what I remember the 1st info pointed in the direction of a more "classic" and somewhat generic MMO (with perhaps a bigger emphasis on large scale PvP) and it was criticized a lot.

Now it seems to be a completely different game, a standard Elder scrolls game that appeals to the fans of the series, but with other players around and with the possibility to lay siege to keeps and stuff. I don't know if it is just a change in the way they promote the game or if they really made big changes to the game itself after receiving a lot of criticism, but I like the new philosophy of "making it 1st and foremost an Elder scrolls game" much better then trying to appeal to the fickle MMO crowd.
    I'd agree with this. Fickle is the right word as well. I don't have many friends who are hardcore mmo players that are particularly excited about this game, but many other ones who are more lax in the mmos they play seem fine. The ppl at massively seem upset, but then again they always seem that way about everything. My guildies in wow and dragon nest are excited to try out the game, so as long as it doesn't have a sub fee. They are worried that it will have one despite being more of a multi-player game, and also worry that it may turn into how swtor was at launch.

I think they are trying to be more of the multi player TES game that TES fans want instead of just another generic MMO that no one really wants.

And no game needs to be the mythical WoW killer. ActiBlizz can do that themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I think they are trying to be more of the multi player TES game that TES fans want instead of just another generic MMO that no one really wants.
    Which is the best idea they've had thus far.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Here's a video interview with Nick Konkle published yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Here's a video interview with Nick Konkle published yesterday.

Game seems great from my perspective. The proof will be when i actually play it and try it out. It's the little things that tend to add up for me.

Getting used to attacking with my mouse might be weird, tho i can always rebind them. For those of you who have played games where you perform actions with the mouse, do you think it's better?

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Game seems great from my perspective. The proof will be when i actually play it and try it out. It's the little things that tend to add up for me.

Getting used to attacking with my mouse might be weird, tho i can always rebind them. For those of you who have played games where you perform actions with the mouse, do you think it's better?
    Neither control scheme is inherently better. The control scheme needs to serve the combat system and gameplay. In this case, with a more action oriented combat system you're going to be using your mouse to look around which means your mouse clicks aren't going to be used to target/turn the camera.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's no better/worse than pure hotkey usage.

Neither control scheme is inherently better. The control scheme needs to serve the combat system and gameplay. In this case, with a more action oriented combat system you're going to be using your mouse to look around which means your mouse clicks aren't going to be used to target/turn the camera.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's no better/worse than pure hotkey usage.
    okay thanks. By better i was just wanting your own preference, but as you said, it just takes some getting used to. Will have to just try it out myself.

Also, funny i read this article just now and was thinking about the 50+ zones.
    http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/04/50-...ce-everything/

I too kind of worry about the replayability of the game. I like having a couple toons to try things out on and for that "breath of fresh air". In mmos, in Elder scrolls too. Also the lack of a neutral town is slightly upsetting, tho nothing huge for me. I would like to be able to run into the opposite faction and not try to kill one another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    You probably need to try something different to be mega successful instead of trying to go head on. Its smart toning it down into more of an MP than an MMO, gives them a niche that no-one is really dominating in.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    You probably need to try something different to be mega successful instead of trying to go head on. Its smart toning it down into more of an MP than an MMO, gives them a niche that no-one is really dominating in.
    Exactly. For example, that's the only reason Valve gets to call the shots nowadays. They're not afraid to take risks, and in the end almost all of them payed off. Of course there isn't an absolutely 100 % chance they will shoot too, but hey, you wont know until you try.

What I'm worried atm, is that the content of all 3 factions may deplete very fast. What happened in SWTOR? The developers thought they created content to last for months, so they didn't really bother with endgame, but in reality people just went through it in a week. So now TESO talks a lot about how you have a lot to do, a lot of content, but how much will it last until the player goes through all 3 factions quests, and the question will pop out "What next?".

I applaud them for coming out and saying this. There are too many MMOs out there anyway and they are all crap for the most part. Just make a good game, who cares what the label of it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me like Star Citizen, huge world with multiplayer set in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Reminds me like Star Citizen, huge world with multiplayer set in mind.
    I honestly don't believe them saying it's a multiplayer game rather than a MMO.

Their initial line of discussion was about how the game is primarily a MMO and will be familiar to MMO players. Now they're backing away from that to try to appease people. Until we see how it's more of a multiplayer game and less of a MMO, I won't believe this nonsense. Really, everything they've shown so far makes it a MMO, and not just a simple multiplayer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't believe them saying it's a multiplayer game rather than a MMO.

Their initial line of discussion was about how the game is primarily a MMO and will be familiar to MMO players. Now they're backing away from that to try to appease people. Until we see how it's more of a multiplayer game and less of a MMO, I won't believe this nonsense. Really, everything they've shown so far makes it a MMO, and not just a simple multiplayer game.
    Oh, good. Thought I was going crazy reading the last page or so, as if I had missed some huge change that everyone else was in on. They only reworded themselves a little for appeasement. The game is still the same game we were talking about a month ago. It's still an MMO.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.