Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it's just the wording I think, they should just say percentage of install (which includes the download), or they could just actually have the percentage of the download and separate that from the installing portion
    why yes that would be much better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, everyone was complaining about download speeds. When I was downloading the beta, it told me it was at like 8.71 mb/s and kept going up. It finished really quickly. I didn't see what it ended up being at since I got up and left at about the 20% mark.

Edit: Just for comparison- WoW only installs patches at like 3 mb/s for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Man, everyone was complaining about download speeds. When I was downloading the beta, it told me it was at like 8.71 mb/s and kept going up. It finished really quickly. I didn't see what it ended up being at since I got up and left at about the 20% mark.

Edit: Just for comparison- WoW only installs patches at like 3 mb/s for me.
    I'm trying to download the beta but it stops every once in a while, not sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Let's see. It's been exactly 1.5 hours since I made that post and it says 7% is finished downloading.

That means 1.5/x = 7/100. If we cross multiply 150 = 7x. And 150/7 = the number of total hours this download will take me.

I'm not busting out my calculator but 140 divided by 7 = 20 so we can expect roughly the total download time to be something like 21.5 hours or so. And 1.5 are down. So, as long as my internet holds stable, another 20 hours to go!
    after like 20% it goes 3x faster.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I'm trying to download the beta but it stops every once in a while, not sure what's going on.
    Internet provider throttling you? Other than that I'm not sure. I never had it stop, but then again I didn't have any other background processes going. I think my GF may have looked up something for her classes during the download but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up for people that downloaded a few days ago, there's a small patch that was released. It's not large (only ~100mb, or so, only took me 3 seconds to download, so I didn't catch the exact size), but if you're on a slow connection, make sure you download it now, before peak time.

Internet provider throttling you? Other than that I'm not sure. I never had it stop, but then again I didn't have any other background processes going. I think my GF may have looked up something for her classes during the download but thats it.
    Nope, the downloader (if that's how you call it) stops working, then I have to manually start the download again.

It works every time, I just don't know why this happens.... at least my download speed is decent enough, I'm getting 1.5mB/s

In before lots of people start saying how slow 1.5 mB/s is and how much faster their connection is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Nope, the downloader (if that's how you call it) stops working, then I have to manually start the download again.

It works every time, I just don't know why this happens.... at least my download speed is decent enough, I'm getting 1.5mB/s
    I know I literally run EVERYTHING in admin. So you have the client already installed and letting it run the download? Try running it in admin and see if that changes anything. Its odd since sometimes that solves a lot of issues.

I know I literally run EVERYTHING in admin. So you have the client already installed and letting it run the download? Try running it in admin and see if that changes anything. Its odd since sometimes that solves a lot of issues.
    that seems to have fixed it?
    I've been downloading it for the past 5 minutes after I tried it and haven't got the problem again, how odd.

Well thanks!

Anyway, so I guess it'll only reach 100% after the game is installed right?
    Because right now I only have 9830.30 MB left to download, and it says it's at 15%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    In before lots of people start saying how slow 1.5 mB/s is and how much faster their connection is...
    yeah I can see someone saying it's slow...

but considering I'm in a farm in a somewhat remote area right now, it's decent enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once it hits 100%, the bar will disappear and it will be really apparent that everything is all ready to go. Glad to hear that it worked!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just a weekend beta? Friend got an invite, might just drop by his place and see what the game's like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Is it just a weekend beta? Friend got an invite, might just drop by his place and see what the game's like.
    Yessir /10char
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super excited to play tonight! I really hope they've polished it up a bit. The last beta I played was the Ebonheart focus test *snip*

NDA's and all. Please respect them. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-11-22 at 07:26 PM.

Weww! Almost time I hope the servers are stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    You're kidding right?

lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

yay for beta

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    That won't happen.

Why did they show QuakeCon 2013: Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay?
    It's awful, glitchy and looks not like a game I would want to play, at all.

There are updates today if you DLed the beta back when the email wave went out... just fyi so you aren't stuck trying to update the client when the beta starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.