Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Hate the lack of a mini map. That's all I'll say.
    you know what? this was one of my issues with the game as well. i get the whole arrow on your top dealio for quests. which is pretty much trademark skyrim, but a mini map is always nice for vendors and such.
    Last edited by Ateista; 2013-12-02 at 06:43 PM.
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoy the lack of a minimap. Makes me look for things instead of staring at a square in the corner of my screen for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I actually enjoy the lack of a minimap. Makes me look for things instead of staring at a square in the corner of my screen for an hour.
    Oh, I get that, I just kind of like the mini topdown view to show the topology of the landscape as much as anything else. It's worth breaking immersion a little bit for, for me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing the game cannot have under any circumstances is a /played feature have play time on a character in an armory off the game sure but if you put it in game people will realize just how much time they spend on your game and want to change it.... i know i will probably put about 200 hours into the game with the first month at least already
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So let's summarize: the MMO game is scheduled in 4-5 months and there was no European beta testing and no actual beta test at all? Something's fishy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So let's summarize: the MMO game is scheduled in 4-5 months and there was no European beta testing and no actual beta test at all? Something's fishy here.
    What do you mean no "actual beta"? I was in the last beta, and there have been several from what I've heard. As far as the European thing, I honestly have no clue... I haven't personally seen anyone from Europe say they got in, but I haven't really looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of a European beta test is probably a financial decision. Americans are going to find the same bugs that Europeans would have, and it doesn't require them to set up shop overseas before they absolutely have to.

Overall I have to say these betas seem to be more progressive than what I'm used to. As I said before, this game went from garbage that I'd never take a second look at, to something a was enjoying immensely, over the course of about 2 months. I can only hope that trend will continue.

I open this thread for the first time in months and see you're still here finding stuff to be upset about. The only thing a European beta test would do differently than a US beta test is how the local servers are working, not the actual game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU07krDtruw

New video up on progression that I'm surprised nobody has linked to yet. I'm very interested to see how long it takes to learn *everything*, I really hope it's a hardcore goal that takes months of work to pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post

New video up on progression that I'm surprised nobody has linked to yet. I'm very interested to see how long it takes to learn *everything*, I really hope it's a hardcore goal that takes months of work to pull off.
    It probably will at first but after you have guides out telling people where all the skyshards are it will be much faster and will probably be limited simply by the number of shards you will have to find after the 50 points you get for leveling and the 40-50 you get for the main quest, we don't know how many there actually are in the main quest, you come to just 100 points at most. After that you need 3 skyshards to get a single skill point so I can see it taking thousands of skyshards to get even close to completing the skills
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Americans are going to find the same bugs that Europeans would have
    Non-ASCII letters in paths and usernames? Different date formats? Different decimal separators? Hardcoded character tables? I doubt it.

You apparently didn't actually look at the thread since the last few pages have been people discussing beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    You apparently didn't actually look at the thread since the last few pages have been people discussing beta?
    Ya i don't think that guy thought it through at all, also the armor in the video looks freakishly amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post

That looked really interesting. I'm sure people will start finding what is optimal soon enough, but there are so many combinations that there has to be "flavor" options for even optimal stuff... probably.

I wonder how you (and hopefully can) respec your character. With so many different options, it may be pain to to put everything back just the way you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Well, to be fair, he has a point. There hasn't been any european beta whatsoever and if the game is really coming in spring 2014 (april-may), then there's not that much time left anymore for an european beta. most likely it will just be the open beta, like 2 weeks before release.

But of course there has been a beta, just not an european one. Americans had plenty of opportunity of playing the game now (for almost a year).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    That looked really interesting. I'm sure people will start finding what is optimal soon enough, but there are so many combinations that there has to be "flavor" options for even optimal stuff... probably.

I wonder how you (and hopefully can) respec your character. With so many different options, it may be pain to to put everything back just the way you want it.
    I don't think it will be possible to respec, however, you can obtain every skill though it will take awhile, i would estimate that 500 hours is the absolute minimum amount of time needed to get mostly done with your character though it may be closer to 1000 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Well, to be fair, he has a point. There hasn't been any european beta whatsoever and if the game is really coming in spring 2014 (april-may), then there's not that much time left anymore for an european beta. most likely it will just be the open beta, like 2 weeks before release.

But of course there has been a beta, just not an european one. Americans had plenty of opportunity of playing the game now (for almost a year).
    The game will most likely spread to Europe for open Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I don't think it will be possible to respec, however, you can obtain every skill though it will take awhile, i would estimate that 500 hours is the absolute minimum amount of time needed to get mostly done with your character though it may be closer to 1000 hours

- - - Updated - - -

The game will most likely spread to Europe for open Beta
    lol spread makes it sound like an infection

I never thought of the chance to NOT respec. That would make morphed skills permanent and you're unable to try different combos. I think they may have respeccing, but not till higher levels and maybe at a higher cost (maybe it requires a certain reagent and not gold).

Anyway, liked the video. Already knew the info, but I liked looking at all the armor and weapons. I wish the main games in the series had that much armor variety. It's like, you get to Glass and then you're done forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    lol spread makes it sound like an infection

I never thought of the chance to NOT respec. That would make morphed skills permanent and you're unable to try different combos. I think they may have respeccing, but not till higher levels and maybe at a higher cost (maybe it requires a certain reagent and not gold).

Anyway, liked the video. Already knew the info, but I liked looking at all the armor and weapons. I wish the main games in the series had that much armor variety. It's like, you get to Glass and then you're done forever.
    The game is a disease that shall kill your social life.... I played the beta once so far and i'm more addicted than i ever was for wow

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The game is a disease that shall kill your social life.... I played the beta once so far and i'm more addicted than i ever was for wow
    *Beta server closes* I'M TWEAKIN', I'M TWEAKIN'! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

It's been confirmed for a while that there will be some sort of respec option, though I can't find the interview.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.