10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I was pointing out most wow players aren't

"OMG ESO SUCKS BALLZORS IT BOMBS111111111111111111111111111111"

Wow is still as good as it used to but I won't begrudge you for going elsewhere.
    I just kind of disliked the direction they took with WoW, nothing against it, still a decent MMO. EvE is the other MMO that I can think of that does well on a sub base model, I hope ESO does well too.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I just kind of disliked the direction they took with WoW, nothing against it, still a decent MMO. EvE is the other MMO that I can think of that does well on a sub base model, I hope ESO does well too.
    Yes well comments like

also adding to my input this game is poo poo, everyone shoulda seen it coming with the NDA

Makes the world suck.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes well comments like

Makes the world suck.
    Unfortunately you're right. :/
    Hey everyone

I think it's fair to say most Wow players don't give a shit if another MMO comes out or released.
    Modern MMOs are built on migratory populations, even WoW. It certainly has more "lifers" due to its age, but the population churn is still significant, especially outside the minority raiding population. And if you are a WoW fan, this is a good thing: once a game completely loses its ability to attract a migratory population, it becomes a legacy product like EQ or UO or countless others which trudge on but become very niche. WoW isn't there yet and probably won't be for some time.

Anyway the good news for ESO is that it is going to launch in the middle of a dramatic content gap in WoW and other games. I wouldn't be surprised if Zenimax are pushing it early for just that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Then what is the problem?
    the problem is people are either stupid, cant tell fiction from reality or perhaps both

10+ Year Old Account
    Since i don't feel like spending an hour on his wiki page.... when it says he's the god of rape does he punish the rapists or is he their patron? I'd wager on the later but.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Since i don't feel like spending an hour on his wiki page.... when it says he's the god of rape does he punish the rapists or is he their patron? I'd wager on the later but.....
    Latter, he apparently started the whole...thing or whatever. I don't want to even get started on the whole thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's more that he spawned Vampires and bested death through an act of Rape, and that pure blooded vampires must survive a similar ordeal as the first vampire to become original vampires themselves.

He thwarted death itself through an act of rape.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Not exactly the patron of rape.

Molag Bal, in his hatred towards Arkay, corrupted the body of a Nedic female, Lamae Beolfag. Lamae later is known as Lamae Bal and she is also known as the Blood Matron and the First Vampire. Pure-blood vampires are individuals who are granted vampirism directly from Molag Bal, the creator and patron deity of Vampires. It's process is somewhat similar to the creation of the first vampire. Mortals gain their vampirism through a ritual in which members of a family pledge themselves to Molag Bal. Females like Serana, and her mother Valerica, who survive the horrific ordeal are dubbed "Daughters of Coldharbour".
    So the term King of Rape has been coined due to the way Daughters of Coldharbor (pureblood vampires) are created. It is implied that he, in fact, is raping them, however.

Keep in mind though that not every pureblood vampire is the product of rape, as evidenced by Harkon.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-02-01 at 06:32 AM.

people need thicker skin...

Looks like all you need is to give people a bandwagon and a soapbox, and suddenly you get 10 pages worth of whining about how its not cool to have a statue to a god of rape.

EDIT: The argument that rape is worse than killing or maiming is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Looks like all you need is to give people a bandwagon and a soapbox, and suddenly you get 10 pages worth of whining about how its not cool to have a statue to a god of rape.

EDIT: The argument that rape is worse than killing or maiming is absurd.
    Not really.

I think Rape is worse than murder, but not as bad as torture(Or, more to the point, rape and torture are of a similar brood, and it's just a matter of how far one takes it)

Who cares if someone dies? Death is a natural part of life that happens to anyone. Rape, to a sentient creature, is more than death. It's having control of one's self ripped from their hands. And control of ourselves is one of the things we associate with us being a "higher" animal. We can control our thoughts. We can control our body. We can move and think and do at will, with a full understanding of it.

To die is to human. Rape, at it's very core, is dehumanizing.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Keep in mind though that not every pureblood vampire is the product of rape, as evidenced by Harkon.
    I believe there was a complete absence of information on how Harkon became a vampire. It's entirely possible male pure bloods are also a product of rape. Given that the gender of the Daedric Princes is simply an aesthetic choice it seems unlikely they would treat one mortal gender differently from another.

Daedra like Molag Bal typically interact with the mortal races for their own amusement, in the case of Molag Bal that interaction tends to take the form of domination, physical or otherwise. He isn't a patron to anyone, he's an immortal, inhuman thing that takes amusement from toying with the tiny, fragile mortals.
    Last edited by Once; 2014-02-01 at 07:31 AM.

imo the world of tamriel is its own world. Lots of deadra are worshiped like gods in tamriel and they are all some pretty bad characters. You dont come across many deadric princes that dont have some ulterior motive when they give you a quest. So this guy raped someone or alot of ppl, iono i didnt read the lore. But i bet all the deadric princes do bad things. So you guys feel rape is stepping over the line. Well guess what guys its not real. Its a make believe world, this shit happens.

As for not wanting the statue of a demonic rapist in your living room i can understand that, but also the demonic rapist doesnt actually exist, he never actually raped anyone partially because he does not exist, and someone just told you he raped someone and u believed them, you would have to actually see him preforming the act in an elderscrolls game b4 you can get offended imo. But w.e to each his/her own. (dont buy the imperial edition/ burn the statue if u do) on second thought burning the statue might be thought of as a sacrifice to molag bal so might just wanna toss it in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Not really.

I think Rape is worse than murder, but not as bad as torture(Or, more to the point, rape and torture are of a similar brood, and it's just a matter of how far one takes it)

Who cares if someone dies? Death is a natural part of life that happens to anyone. Rape, to a sentient creature, is more than death. It's having control of one's self ripped from their hands. And control of ourselves is one of the things we associate with us being a "higher" animal. We can control our thoughts. We can control our body. We can move and think and do at will, with a full understanding of it.

I agree with you....however i do not agree that that a statue of a fictional character is a bad thing for the CE. its part of the TES universe if people cant accept that they might as well stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Not really.

Who cares if someone dies? I don't know, how about the victim? If you're telling me that death is a natural part of life that happens to anyone, I can reply to you and tell you that sex is a natural part of life that happens to everyone.

Are you telling me with a straight face that killing someone is not "ripping control of one's self" from their hands? It is the ultimate "fuck you" to the individual. Moreover, not every rape victim suffers any kind of lasting ill effects from it, but 100% of murder victims suffer from it. Rape can be recovered from, killing and maiming cannot be. Rape victims have something to look forward to, murder victims do not.

If raping was worse than death, you'd see a lot of suicides among rape victims. You do not.

It may seem from the outside that you'd rather die than be raped, but I am pretty sure that those who actually go through it would rather be alive and raped than dead with their honor intact.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2014-02-01 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    I believe there was a complete absence of information on how Harkon became a vampire. It's entirely possible male pure bloods are also a product of rape. Given that the gender of the Daedric Princes is simply an aesthetic choice it seems unlikely they would treat one mortal gender differently from another.
    The thing is though, Harkon willingly became a pureblood. In fact, he was actively seeking Molag Bal's favor. Even if the ritual itself involves rape, how can it be rape if that's what he wanted ?

If he was the deity of abortion in lieu of rape would that make it more acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    The thing is though, Harkon willingly became a pureblood. In fact, he was actively seeking Molag Bal's favor. Even if the ritual itself involves rape, how can it be rape if that's what he wanted ?
    The same way it can be with the Daughters of Coldharbour for whom the ritual is described as a 'great honor' not rejected lightly.
    Last edited by Once; 2014-02-01 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    If he was the deity of abortion in lieu of rape would that make it more acceptable?
    no, it would be equaly as irrelevant since its a statue but people seem to have a hard time grasping that concept