Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    GW2's target audience was not GW1 fans.
    ESO's target audience is not Elder Scrolls fans.
    So it's fail even before closed beta test? I hope you are wrong.

Deleted
    Holy moly of a unholy cow that cinematic blew my mind off.

Got Excellent on beta app.

Oh yeah and my PC is just average.
    Last edited by mmoc96cf230e75; 2013-01-22 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So I'm predicting November 2013 launch. I used to say 2014 but I wasn't expecting this so early. Anyone wanna bet?
    11.12.13 ... (well ... 12.11.13 in Europe, because we don't f***ing switch the month with the day and we use the metric system like 99% of the planet - except the USA, Liberia and Myanmar /rant.)

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    So it's fail even before closed beta test? I hope you are wrong.
    I don't think that is what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent even though my current pc looks like this.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/22/2013, 13:28:32
    Machine name: KATIE-HP
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.14F.25
    Processor: AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3562MB RAM
    Page File: 2434MB used, 4689MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I'm in as long as it doesn't have the goofy ass controls that it does on the pc version of Skyrim. When I turn I want to turn in a circle, not strafe from side to side and use my mouse to turn my head!

Damn, good thing I decided to randomly click on this thread. Never would have known to sign up for the beta. I was able to get "Excellent" as well, but I can guarantee that everyone is going to have that so long as they fill in each section of the form. I'm just hoping (and feel sorry for whoever has to do it) Beth/Zeni actually read the forms and not just use an automated system.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of people that just put in complete BS into each field just to get the "Excellent" rating. Like "Why should we choose you?" Cuz i R lyke 2 plai teh gamz!! Or instantly move onto the next one if "Play" is even uttered in their comments.

It might send petty or something, but I can't recall the amount of times I've seen someone in chat whining about how they "can't play the game" "this game is bugged!" "why i can't play <insert dungeon here>" Beta Testing has now become synonymous with "Preview Demo" for a lot, and that's probably why some MMOs turn out like shit.

Anyway, my rant is done. Other than ESO, the only other MMO that I have my eye on is Wildstar. Hopefully I can get into either of them. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    I'm in as long as it doesn't have the goofy ass controls that it does on the pc version of Skyrim. When I turn I want to turn in a circle, not strafe from side to side and use my mouse to turn my head!
    Umm, how exactly is that goofy? Lol. That's how most 1st person AND 3rd person games work on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh i filled out every section apart from guild website (since i dont have one) and only got above average . Ah well, hopefully get in later in testing.

I got an above average =3 filled out everything truthfully without choosing any of the games I haven't played just to get a higher chance and wrote a pretty lengthy "why should we choose you" letter thing that I'm pretty happy with. Now just to wait and hope

Too bad they don't have some promo going on where if you pre-order a game or something you get access to the beta.

...actually now that I think about it better not. Every company that does something like that they always come up with the "The popularity of <insert title here> was more than we anticipated. That's why the server for the game, forum and website are being raped."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Bleh i filled out every section apart from guild website (since i dont have one) and only got above average . Ah well, hopefully get in later in testing.
    I didn't put my guild's website either...not too sure why since I am in one, I must of skipped it. (I'm Above Average)

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    F2P or freemium has proven to be more profitable than subscription only for the vast majority of games (i.e. every major game but WoW, EVE and Rift so far). And given the current market and the trends of business models, launching with a subscription only model would be more of a negative than a positive, as it would turn off a lot of players to the game.

F2P/freemium is very profitable. Very. See This report for some context.
    F2P has nothing to do with it...it's just they aren't good enough to survive on a sub model. If a game is good and can manage it, they will go sub. Only reason Guild Wars doesn't do it because it was one of the bigger non sub MMORPGs in the past before MMORPG exploded to what they are now.

I filled out everything and got Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    F2P has nothing to do with it...it's just they aren't good enough to survive on a sub model. If a game is good and can manage it, they will go sub. Only reason Guild Wars doesn't do it because it was one of the bigger non sub MMORPGs in the past before MMORPG exploded to what they are now.
    And justifying a subscription in the current market is very, very difficult in today's market. Even if the game is great, it needs to provide a level of service far superior than existing F2P games, and fulfill some need that's not currently filled.

I'd argue that each one of the MMO's that went F2P in the past 5 years was good in their own right. None were "omg spectacularly amazeballs", but almost all were solid MMO's. They were successful as subscription only MMO's, but after LOTRO made the transition and showed that there was more money to be made with a F2P/freemium model, others followed suit.

It's a model that puts up a pretty high initial barrier for entry in today's market. It's not that it's a very difficult sell to make. There are only 3 big name MMO's left with a subscription only model. EVE satisfies the Sci-fi sandbox niche (and does very well for itself), Rift satisfies the more hardcore raider niche, and WoW is just a juggernaut that skews any possible comparison you make to it. It got massive and now continues to maintain high levels of success by providing a good game, but also because a lot of people have huge time investments in the game and it's a cultural phenomenon.

Using it as an example that "Subscriptions are still totally viable" throws a massive, massive wrench in any argument you're trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    I filled out everything and got Excellent.
    I hate you, I only got above average

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    And justifying a subscription in the current market is very, very difficult in today's market. Even if the game is great, it needs to provide a level of service far superior than existing F2P games, and fulfill some need that's not currently filled.

I'd argue that each one of the MMO's that went F2P in the past 5 years was good in their own right. None were "omg spectacularly amazeballs", but almost all were solid MMO's. They were successful as subscription only MMO's, but after LOTRO made the transition and showed that there was more money to be made with a F2P/freemium model, others followed suit.

It's a model that puts up a pretty high initial barrier for entry in today's market. It's not that it's a very difficult sell to make. There are only 3 big name MMO's left with a subscription only model. EVE satisfies the Sci-fi sandbox niche (and does very well for itself), Rift satisfies the more hardcore raider niche, and WoW is just a juggernaut that skews any possible comparison you make to it. It got massive and now continues to maintain high levels of success by providing a good game, but also because a lot of people have huge time investments in the game and it's a cultural phenomenon.

Using it as an example that "Subscriptions are still totally viable" throws a massive, massive wrench in any argument you're trying to make.

Where are you getting this from? I will hardly look at F2P games. I will check out a sub game long before I will touch a F2P game.

I filled out my application, except for the "why should we choose you" section. Got Above Average. As I said on my guild's website thread about this, I hope it will have requirements of Skyrim, because then my computer could play it decently (though not sure about the pvp section, though I probably won't do much of that until I get a better computer). I just hope there won't be loading screens each time you open a door...

Maybe my guild affiliation might help me out in getting one. Nothing else, I will hope they have an open beta later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Where are you getting this from? I will hardly look at F2P games. I will check out a sub game long before I will touch a F2P game.
    All that sais is that you are short sighted and stupid.

inb4 infraction

Oh lordy.. why does half of the discussion of any new MMO turn into a never-ending debate on payment models? It's not like large numbers of people will ever play a game with crap gameplay but the Perfect Payment Model(tm).

Shifted from above average to an excellent when I clicked the "agree to non-disclosure" button lol

Hoping that not being a US/EU player doesn't immediately invalidate me =\