Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The 1st complaint is pointless with the M button, they have stated that quest text will appear unless you are complaining about player responses in which case just look at the chat and to your 3rd point only jerks put Cyrillic or Greek lettering in their name on the US realms
    Frankly speaking, lack of minimap is one of my gripes. I have to press M like every 10 feet. Maybe it's because I'm still new to the game, but I get disoriented really easily. The compass ceases to have a purpose when you have multiple objectives and they're like all over the place. Also it doesn't help that some quest objectives (a lot actually) are placed at the other end of the map. And with the compass, I don't even know how far I have to walk to reach there. Kind of annoying.

ok, what logic says that because a game will not have an open beta means it's going to go f2p/b2p as a result? no, seriously, an inquiring mind wants to know.

trying to be nice, but that is the most asinine bullshit statement i've read regarding a video game in a long long time.

(and this is from someone who has been in 4 ESO betas now and still finds this game to be boring as hell)
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

The current beta is an open beta, unless you didn't notice that they gave out half a million beta keys, that's without the people that had already been invited via email, or who had already been part of the beta since the real closed beta.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The current beta is an open beta, unless you didn't notice that they gave out half a million beta keys, that's without the people that had already been invited via email, or who had already been part of the beta since the real closed beta.
    well, i guess you could call it an open beta, except that there is still a strict nda on top of it. though a real open beta means there are no keys, you can just download and check out the game before it releases.

i do see what you're saying though.
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a psuedo-closed beta depending if you're cynical or not
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's a very archaic and draconian type of beta (with all the NDA and stuff), but yes, it basically serves the same function as an open beta all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    they have stated that quest text will appear
    There are many other sounds in the game than quest text. NPC replics are not in chat. Subtitles are the must. Just think about deaf players.
    only jerks put Cyrillic or Greek lettering in their name on the US realms
    1. It is chat, not the character names.
    2. I don't care about US realms.

Update: there is no service icons over NPC heads. Another failure.

I'm pretty cynical, so that's my viewpoint. I was part of the closed beta for SWTOR, the "beta weekends" were open beta and when they closed off I could still keep playing. I'm aware that TESO hasn't been doing it this way, but with well over half a million people able to access the beta it would make it one of the most open and easy to access beta's of any game.

More people have access to this beta than will likely be subscribed to the game beyond release. I'm not saying it won't be a success, on the contrary I think that being available on consoles will almost ensure it's success. Skyrim sold over 20 million copies and the franchise is one of the biggest in gaming, the console player base is unique in that a large majority of it has little to no experience with MMO games..... Which is very different to us PC gamers.

It could really hit it off on the consoles, while we're sitting here moaning about it because we've played every MMO under the sun. Even the graphical issue (that I've been banging on about) is less relevant on the console, Skyrim on the PS3 is going to look like turd compared to TESO on the PS4 with it's much more "PC like" graphical quality... So it will feel "next gen" from a console perspective, i suspect.

No it isn't. Open Beta is the Beta is open for anyone to join at anytime and you don't need a beta key.

I don't care what they call it but this is in fact a closed beta.

Also Open Betas dont have a NDA.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You don't get it, the game has lower res textures than Oblivion and there is no need for it
    Ok...slow down. It does not have lower res textures than Oblivion :\

Honestly, I'm tired of making these comparisons, so this is the last one I'm going to bother doing. Really...it takes two seconds on google...and lying makes you look bad.
    Last edited by daem; 2014-02-08 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No it isn't. Open Beta is the Beta is open for anyone to join at anytime and you don't need a beta key.

I don't care what they call it but this is in fact a closed beta.

Also Open Betas dont have a NDA.
    Whoa, you're pretty naive.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Ok...slow down. It does not have lower res textures than Oblivion :\

Honestly, I'm tired of making these comparisons, so this is the last one I'm going to bother doing. Really...it takes two seconds on google...and lying makes you look bad.
    If you notice my post I also mention that TESO has really good texture filtering (better than Skyrim too), so looks good at medium/long distances. That's different to comparing texture resolution which becomes apparent on close ups, also Oblivion looks a lot better than that on my system, are you sure that you're seeing maximum resolution of textures? Either way, it was meant more as a humorous dig than something to be taken overly serious.. Still, if you look at some of the textures it's not all that far from the truth, the script paper with ink is a perfect example in TESO.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-02-08 at 04:50 AM.

Have people forgotten how terrible Oblivion looked?

ESO looks better than Skyrim with no mods ffs.

Lol, blindless haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Have people forgotten how terrible Oblivion looked?
    Apparently <:\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Apparently <:\
    Oblivion compared to Skryim

is just wow. The difference is just...it's MASSIVE
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Whoa, you're pretty naive.
    Nope just stating the fact this is not a Open Beta. There is key features that show what is and isnt a Open Beta and this beta dose not meet any of them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

People above are so out of touch with the graphics discussion, were discussing texture resolution not which game looks better. Texture resolution, the size of the texture being used on an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope just stating the fact this is not a Open Beta. There is key features that show what is and isnt a Open Beta and this beta dose not meet any of them.
    Anyone can join = open beta. you can call it what you want but they put 500,000 keys up for grabs that requires a single click on a website, anyone can access within seconds. You can dress up a donkey and call it a horse, but anyone looking with their eyes open can see it's a donkey.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-02-08 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Oblivion compared to Skryim

is just wow. The difference is just...it's MASSIVE
    You're a special kinda person aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    You're a special kinda person aren't you?
    There something you have to say?

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There something you have to say?
    Don't wanna get banned for being honest...

A couple of questions: how accurate is a tcp/ip latency monitor in windows task manager and more importantly, guys and gals on EU, what's your latency?