Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    pretty disappointed from what ive seen playing the beta. was pretty excited and looking forward to it but after an hour im like meh. shame really.
    Same. Just felt like Rift only not as good. Just another bad WoW clone with nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr216 View Post
    Excellent for an MMO.. that came out 5 years ago. GW2 on medium looks better than ESO on ultra-high.
    Sorry guy. You're in the minority here. That discussion was already had and the majority of posters agreed that ESO looks better than both Tera and GW2. Keep trying though.

LOL I come across as a hater because I don't like the game
    You notice I didn't actually talk about all your statements because some you can actually experience? I am talking about nonsense like "single player game". You can do better than that. It isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Same. Just felt like Rift only not as good. Just another bad WoW clone with nothing more to it.
    Then you didn't play it. This game and WoW share very few similarities.

Oh I'm wrong about the terrible combat, generic animations, empty world, meaningless interactions with npc's, and dated graphics even on ultra-high? Cool. I didn't know a handful of levels made that much of a difference in a game!

Except that Blizzard set out to make a dedicated MMORPG. It didn't try to make some hybrid MMO-SRPG that was a fundamentally flawed concept from the get-go. The comparison between ESO and SWTOR is that they both had the same lofty goal trying to capitalize on their past SRPG success and it's not exactly working. Should they have just stuck to single player games? Maybe, maybe not. But if they wanted to make an MMO, they shouldve focused on making it a good MMO first and foremost.
    The S in SRPG is strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Then you didn't play it. This game and WoW share very few similarities.
    Are you really telling me I didn't play the game? Am I delusional? Did I make believe it all?

I don't think you're playing the same game as us. That, or you're a troll. It does kinda smell in here

Quote Originally Posted by Projections View Post
    I would take your statements more seriously if you didn't come across as a hater, saying "single player game" is just a statement that is just not true. Calling dated graphics is also not true regardless of an opinion on graphics. Empty world another statement with no facts, just a random statement you thought up. What does that even mean. Another vague statement "exploring is not rewarding" this is simply just not true, in fact, it will be hard to level up unless you explore, forget the other perks you get for exploring.

I like that you think Skyrim is "the real Elder Scrolls experience", that was adorable. Not sure if I should cry or laugh. Oh I would love it if Zenimax milked me, I played Morrowind so much, they deserve the money. Rather them then Kotick.
    Your username is accurate. You're projecting all your insecurities and getting all defensive and butthurt cause someone doesn't like the game you like. We're allowed our opinions, just as you are allowed yours.

Sorry guy. You're in the minority here. That discussion was already had and the majority of posters agreed that ESO looks better than both Tera and GW2. Keep trying though.
    If we're going by the majority of posters, then this game is an overwhelming disappointment. The art style might be different than Tera and GW2, but the graphics aren't better. It's not even better than Skyrim, and they share the same art style.

Are you really telling me I didn't play the game? Am I delusional? Did I make believe it all?
    I'm telling you that if you are actually saying that ESO is a "WoW clone", then no, you didn't play the game. You're not delusional, you're just a liar. The only thing they share is the fact that they are fantasy and an RPG. Other than that, they are nothing alike. WoW is a hotkey-based MMO, ESO is not. There is no similarities in combat. Professions are different. General questing is different (there is no "Collect 8 bear asses). If anything, you could say that ESO is more of a GW2 clone (which it isn't) then a WoW clone.

Except that Blizzard set out to make a dedicated MMORPG. It didn't try to make some hybrid MMO-SRPG that was a fundamentally flawed concept from the get-go. The comparison between ESO and SWTOR is that they both had the same lofty goal trying to capitalize on their past SRPG success and it's not exactly working. Should they have just stuck to single player games? Maybe, maybe not. But if they wanted to make an MMO, they shouldve focused on making it a good MMO first and foremost.
    I don't even know what you mean by 'dedicated'. If you mean a raid-centric game, plenty of games had that, including SWTOR, and they were all accused of being "WoW clones"

Game companies learned long ago not to imitate WoW, because why settle for an imitation when you can just play the real thing. Everyone is doing things differently to attract different audiences.

Oh, there was a discussion. And this council you speak of deemed it to be fact right? The elders have spoken and none may speak out against what has been discussed. Gotcha. This place is silly.

Can you name game systems that were similar to WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Your username is accurate. You're projecting all your insecurities and getting all defensive and butthurt cause someone doesn't like the game you like. We're allowed our opinions, just as you are allowed yours.
    You seem to be getting upset that people liked the game to me.

If we're going by the majority of posters, then this game is an overwhelming disappointment. The art style might be different than Tera and GW2, but the graphics aren't better. It's not even better than Skyrim, and they share the same art style.
    Because it's an MMO, not a single player game. Are you even trying here?

As for the game being an "overwhelming disappointment", what does that have to do with the graphics? Even a majority of those people still say the game looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I don't think you're playing the same game as us. That, or you're a troll. It does kinda smell in here
    Ah I see. So it's impossible to play ESO and not enjoy it? Is that what you're saying? 0% that I didn't enjoy it, I'm just trolling. It's like I've walked into a fanboy circus where logic is warped in the fun mirrors.

Oh, there was a discussion. And this council you speak of deemed it to be fact right? The elders have spoken and none may speak out against what has been discussed. Gotcha. This place is silly.
    I'm saying that anybody who thinks the graphics look dated don't know what the hell they're talking about.

You haven't been following conversation have you? Way to go off on a random tangent.

Ah I see. So it's impossible to play ESO and not enjoy it? Is that what you're saying? 0% that I didn't enjoy it, I'm just trolling. It's like I've walked into a fanboy circus where logic is warped in the fun mirrors.
    No, what's he's saying is it is impossible to have played it and call it a WoW clone. Because that's wholly inaccurate.

While I do agree with the people that say it feels more like a crappy single player game. I still find it absolutely hilarious the people who keep using WoW clone for every single mmo that comes out.

Little hint: This game is nothing even close to WoW; whether style, graphics, gameplay, questing, and UI. The only similarities is it uses the trinity and old WoW skill point system. And hell, they use their own style trinity for that matter. So, let's just stop with this very fucking ignorant statement please.
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

Actually it is ok to hate it, and find it terrible. But don't throw out terms like WoW clones because that just isn't true with this game. If it is gave me examples of systems taken from WoW.

I'm telling you that if you are actually saying that ESO is a "WoW clone", then no, you didn't play the game. You're not delusional, you're just a liar. The only thing they share is the fact that they are fantasy and an RPG. Other than that, they are nothing alike. WoW is a hotkey-based MMO, ESO is not. There is no similarities in combat. Professions are different. General questing is different (there is no "Collect 8 bear asses). If anything, you could say that ESO is more of a GW2 clone (which it isn't) then a WoW clone.
    You're adorable.

No, I do believe it's just another WoW clone. Well, not even. I said it's a Rift clone. So a clone of a clone. This is my opinion. You can call me a liar and say I didn't play the game but I did, and this is my opinion. Deal with it.