Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    Don't believe the hype. That is all there is to say about every upcoming mmorpg in all time.

Oh and if you believe cinematic trailers, you may as well buy everything they promote on tv shopping channels.
    Yeah I made the mistake to take the ME3 Omega DLC trailer way to serious. That trailer was just epic and gave me chills yet the DLC was kinda disappointing to be honest.

A trailer does not fully represent the real game (graphics and stuff) and thus I definitely wont jump onto the hype train for ESO just because of a trailer !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah I made the mistake to take the ME3 Omega DLC trailer way to serious. That trailer was just epic and gave me chills yet the DLC was kinda disappointing to be honest.

A trailer does not fully represent the real game (graphics and stuff) and thus I definitely wont jump onto the hype train for ESO just because of a trailer !!
    If she hadn't exploded herself for 5 more seconds we could have had another crewmate (not that I play the SP anymore)
    The in-game shots for ES:O look pretty, and signed up for the beta, so here's hoping they don't mess it up too badly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    If she hadn't exploded herself for 5 more seconds we could have had another crewmate (not that I play the SP anymore)
    The in-game shots for ES:O look pretty, and signed up for the beta, so here's hoping they don't mess it up too badly.
    Yeah one can only hope but I can still remember those countless MMO fails that got hyped to death in the past couple years.

The trailer is neat regardless of how good the real game is gonna be.

BTW: Definitely gonna join the Aldmeri Dominion !! Bosmer FTW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah one can only hope but I can still remember those countless MMO fails that got hyped to death in the past couple years.

The trailer is neat regardless of how good the real game is gonna be.

BTW: Definitely gonna join the Aldmeri Dominion !! Bosmer FTW
    Yeah...
    I wet myself when the thief was... thiefing (yes, I am aware of thieving, but he was being a thief, not stealing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I actualy mentioned this a coupple of pages ago, but I spoke to a Technical Support staff member about it:

Me:

Response (Note: TWO minutes later! Talk about fast response time :P):
    Thanks, i was worried about the exact same thing, but "computers of the past 5 years" should be ok for me. Man, i cant wait for this game

I will probably join the Ebonheart Pact, since i want to play some sort of Dunmer Spellblade, a Spellcaster/Assassin mix. I think Dunmer fit this best. Anyone else already know which "class" they want to build? Lets hear it folks!
    Last edited by mmoc31ea1fca31; 2013-01-23 at 11:16 AM.

Oh snap, beta bros.

Deleted
    Wait, didn't you just break the NDA? ;D

I've been a Bosmer Thief/Assassin in Oblivion/Skyrim as my main or first character and said to myself that they are from the same bloodline so I guess I'll be doing the same but this time it will obviously be a much earlier ancestor!

Elder Scrolls is the only game I enjoy RP with really.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh snap, beta bros.

Cough***FAKE***Cough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh snap, beta bros.

*snip*
    Congratulions!
    Oh god, i will refresh my e-mail folder every 5 minutes till i get an invite too..

Deleted
    vizzle you fooled me. 8/10

The CGI trailer is to get you interested in the game enough to want to sign up for their beta (and I think they were successful with that). But the game itself won't look like that trailer. Especially when their goal is to have it playable on 5 year old pc's and macs.

I'll be playing a Dunmer female. The somewhat unknown ancestor of my Morrowind Nerevarine character. She will most likely be skilled with light/ medium armor, the bow, one handed swords and several spells. I might also dabble in alchemy and enchanting. It depends on how many crafting professions we are allowed to specialize in.

I wonder if archer/ranger type characters will have pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    vizzle you fooled me. 8/10
    Haha I'm glad. Really need a new game to pass the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was already online? skyrim online? or is that a different thing to this?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote a small CV along with my beta information. I hope it'll work to charm the developers!

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I thought it was already online? skyrim online? or is that a different thing to this?
    Skyrim Online is a fanmade mod to Skyrim.

Deleted
    This shouldn't be a mmo. It should be single to 5 player co-op with scaling difficulty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshain View Post
    This shouldn't be a mmo. It should be single to 5 player co-op with scaling difficulty
    No thanks. Why would that be better than an MMO again?

Deleted
    I like the idea. Always thought to myself, when I played Skyrim, it would be nice to have some of my friends with me. Though never thought long about an mmo. Still, the idea is really nice, and I am looking forward to it.
    They have the opportunity to use all the ideas and good stuff seen in other mmos (WoW, Rift, SWTOR, AoC and so on) and put them to good use. What I have heared so far, they also have pretty good ideas themselfs. so lets see what they come up with.

Finally Bethesda is coming with an MMO. I really enjoyed all their games and especially the elder scrolls series...can they transfer their epic games into the online environment?When I play skyrim I like to travel in the virtual and very immersive world..meeting interesting NPC, listen to the music, sneak to unknown dangerous areas. The feel I get from these games are awesome...

But will I feel the same thing if next to me someone got his big mount over the mailbox?10 people yelling on chat and others try to sell their stuff?I mean the magic of elder scrolls series is not so much the gameplay which is very simple, but their immersive world and lore. I wish they will make it so it is hard for others breaking immersion.

Also one problem I had with the elder scrolls series was the character creation...yes I pay much attention to this as I want to like my character appearance and armor. In single players we had thousand of mods to alter our appearance, many new armors, e.t.c. are they going to allow the modding community enhance their game?I think a big part of the success of their games are the modding community...

From what I read so far it seems something between GW2 with wow gear progression and endgame. The mob tagging removal and xp/loot share of mobs is a nice feature and I have said that every MMO should have that. You should be happy when see players around and not angry...only six skills is not so good for me, but if I don't play it to see how combat feels can't say more...endgame progression, dungeons, raids and trinity is much preferable than GW2 for me, except if they build their game around dailiy quests...

Overall, in paper seems good. It combines successful features from top MMOs and it has a great lore and history like wow had from the RTS. I will definitely try it although I don't have high hopes. Lately companies are thinking of games like they will get 1 billion in first month and they screw their game if that no happen(see swtor). I hope they will be more realistic, they will be like rift(I didn't liked rift game, but the way Trion handled their game was/is outstanding) and they will release a polished game when it is ready.

For once I am happy they don't have a big investor/publicer(like EA) in their back....
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2013-01-23 at 12:33 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.