10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    makes sense now why the NDA.
    on the ESO website they have this entire section of Good reviews on the Beta with loads of footage/Screenshots there isn't one bad comment.
    And we know this Game is far from perfect so not even one hint of negativity ?
    Name one company that would put a bad review on a website promoting a product? The NDA was lifted for the media and there were plenty of bad reviews, quite a few of those reviewers have changed their mind since the last beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    on the ESO website they have this entire section of Good reviews on the Beta with loads of footage/Screenshots there isn't one bad comment.
    Every business gets bad reviews. Every business puts good testimonials on their website. Every single game on steam lists several positive reviews on the store page. Of course they are not going to use bad reviews to sell their product. This is one of the most ridiculous complaints we've had yet.

If they had wanted to put a ban on negative reviews they could have. They could have kept the NDA in place and required approval to post reviews/videos - they didn't. They let every member of the press including a large quantity of youtubers who aren't really "professional" press in any way, post their opinion freely on the internet without any form of pre-approval of the content.

Deleted
    Well I think they will remove nda soonish, although with these huge closed beta's nda shouldn't be much of a problem anymore as anyone can check the game out in a beta (because they give away so many keys). By not removing the nda the game stays unspoiled, the moment it gets removed the whole story and everything that happens during the game is out and then there is nothing left to 'explore' so I wonder if it's that bad that they don't remove the nda.

Although I do think they should remove it till level 30 or so.

Duh. Wheres your common sense? Who idiotic enough to put bad review on their on face?

A Nightblade vampire build sounds interesting, Werewolf not so much. Are Vampires considered undead towards the fighter's guild skill tree?

Deleted
    They should be, i think i rememered something from an Interview that statet this.
    Also, i agree on the Nightlade Vampire build. I was planning to play a Nightblade with lots of passive self healing like Strife etc, Vampire will be a nice upgrade for that. With that in mind, Dunmer seems like the best choice, all the racials fit that playstyle + the Fire Resistance lessens the Vampire penalty. Now i just need to figure out which faction i want to join..

Deleted
    Wouldn't Bretons be the race that minimises the Vampire weakness most?

Based on the Tamriel Foundry info they have more than 3 times the resistance that Dunmer do and it covers other elements and generic magicka damage too. The Magicka Mastery passive (as well as gift of Magnus) seems like it would mean a lot too given how expensive Vampire skills are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    A Nightblade vampire build sounds interesting, Werewolf not so much. Are Vampires considered undead towards the fighter's guild skill tree?
    As far as I can tell, Fighters Guild abilities affect all undead so that would include Vampires.

I think they will be most effective in PvP for organised guilds who roam in small to medium sized groups capturing resource points and avoiding the zerg on zerg battles. It sounds like it would be a very fun thing to do- form a vampire PvP ambush guild, in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlalocan View Post
    Wouldn't Bretons be the race that minimises the Vampire weakness most?

Based on the Tamriel Foundry info they have more than 3 times the resistance that Dunmer do and it covers other elements and generic magicka damage too. The Magicka Mastery passive (as well as gift of Magnus) seems like it would mean a lot too given how expensive Vampire skills are.
    We don't know if Breton spell resistance applies to everything or a specific type (could be non-elemental only). It wouldn't make sense for a racial to not only cover all types and also be triple the value of the other races.

Besides since the resistances are not percentages only flat values, these will not scale beyond their maximum rank and will be completely irrelevant at max level and end game, where the biggest thing that will matter will be gear.

Personally I feel there is no need to min-max the race as they won't make much difference in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Personally I feel there is no need to min-max the race as they won't make much difference in the end.
    From a racial bonus perspective, probably not (*), but from a faction balance or class balance within faction perspective or starter area enjoyment/min-max levelling speed, probably yes...

(*) I say probably not because it depends how finely balanced the endgame is. For example, if there is no caps on things like Health or Damage (we already know there are caps on skill resource and resource recovery), then percentage-based racial bonuses to damage, like on all Aldmeri races, and health, like Daggerfall's Orc, may make a difference.

So too may percentage-bonus to effective health like Ebonheart's Argonian's healing received and potion effectiveness.

But perhaps this is my MMO intuition working overtime. It may make zero difference in a TES-like game.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-02-15 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Well, some Abilities state they do "magic damage", while others have specific "fire damage" or "lightning damage", thus i believe magic damage and resitance are a separate type and do not cover fire, lightning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Well, some Abilities state they do "magic damage", while others have specific "fire damage" or "lightning damage", thus i believe magic damage and resitance are a separate type and do not cover fire, lightning etc.
    Solely based on Skyrim and previous ES games, Magic means all types of magic. But yeah, that remains to be seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Solely based on Skyrim and previous ES games, Magic means all types of magic. But yeah, that remains to be seen.
    True.
    Thats another reason why i want the NDA lifted, i desperatly want to talk about the mechaniks behind the skills, but the NDA makes it very difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    True.
    Thats another reason why i want the NDA lifted, i desperatly want to talk about the mechaniks behind the skills, but the NDA makes it very difficult...
    Well the NDA doesn't seem to block that as the skills have been released :P You might have some more luck on Tamriel Foundry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    Looks like Vampires are suited to a more stealthy approach while lycanthropes into a more in your face style :P Only thing missing is a Lich skill line along with necromancy and I can wave my social life goodbye :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Looks like Vampires are suited to a more stealthy approach while lycanthropes into a more in your face style :P Only thing missing is a Lich skill line along with necromancy and I can wave my social life goodbye :P
    omg ... yes... RISE MY MINIONS! DESTROY ALL LIFE!

Deleted
    I still think it's funny how hard people are bashing how bad teso is while the teso (1.7 milion) facebook has 10x as much followers as Wildstar (160k)

With roughly 7x as much on twitter aswell teso (366k) wildstar (50k). I think that does say something about how the negativity here might not be representative of how many people actually do like it. Because when everyone would have the same opinion as some have on this forum teso would never have as many followers as it still does. They even gained alot more followers the past weeks, as teso was down to 1.6 mil (on facebook) after the 18+ announcement and it's twitter was around 280k a couple of weeks ago.

Some more comparissions :

EQ next has 20k followers on twitter and 50k on facebook
    Guild wars 2 has 229k followers on twitter and 1 milion on facebook
    Rift has 48.1k followers on twitter and 380k on facebook
    Tera(EU) has 14.5k followers on twitter and 143k likes on facebook.
    World of warcraft has 437k followers on twitter and 5.4 milion likes on facebook.

It does give some sense of scale of how many people are currently following the various mmo's if I just look at this teso is clearly the most 'popular' of the upcoming mmo's to be released but also the second mmo after world of warcraft in terms of followers on social media.

Ofc many of these accounts can be 'inactive' but that will be for every mmo so I am not taking that into consideration and as I have said, why would anyone still follow/like a game they don't enjoy anymore? This is atleast some interesting information of how many people are currently following the game and how many subscribers it could possibly have (as I have guessed before 1.5 milion to start out with).

Some more data

Teso has had 700k hits on mmorpg the past month while Wildstar just had 300k. It should be taken into consideration that Wildstar has alot less information then teso did, so in the end Wildstar might be slightly more popular in terms of 'read ups'.

Overall it's quite interesting to see how many people follow each game, although it doesn't say much about how succesfull it is. But it says something about how much 'potential' it could be.

Deleted
    By the way ... they show some of the first UI Addons in shoddy cast's PvP video

Debuffs on your current target and percentage of your ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I still think it's funny how hard people are bashing how bad teso is while the teso (1.7 milion) facebook has 10x as much followers as Wildstar (160k)

With roughly 7x as much on twitter aswell teso (366k) wildstar (50k). I think that does say something about how the negativity here might not be representative of how many people actually do like it. Because when everyone would have the same opinion as some have on this forum teso would never have as many followers as it still does. They even gained alot more followers the past weeks, as teso was down to 1.6 mil (on facebook) after the 18+ announcement and it's twitter was around 280k a couple of weeks ago.

Some more comparissions :

EQ next has 20k followers on twitter and 50k on facebook
    Guild wars 2 has 229k followers on twitter and 1 milion on facebook
    Rift has 48.1k followers on twitter and 380k on facebook
    Tera(EU) has 14.5k followers on twitter and 143k likes on facebook.
    World of warcraft has 437k followers on twitter and 5.4 milion likes on facebook.

It does give some sense of scale of how many people are currently following the various mmo's if I just look at this teso is clearly the most 'popular' of the upcoming mmo's to be released but also the second mmo after world of warcraft in terms of followers on social media.

Ofc many of these accounts can be 'inactive' but that will be for every mmo so I am not taking that into consideration and as I have said, why would anyone still follow/like a game they don't enjoy anymore? This is atleast some interesting information of how many people are currently following the game and how many subscribers it could possibly have (as I have guessed before 1.5 milion to start out with).

Some more data

Teso has had 700k hits on mmorpg the past month while Wildstar just had 300k. It should be taken into consideration that Wildstar has alot less information then teso did, so in the end Wildstar might be slightly more popular in terms of 'read ups'.

Overall it's quite interesting to see how many people follow each game, although it doesn't say much about how succesfull it is. But it says something about how much 'potential' it could be.
    Just as a sidenote, followers on Facebook/Twitter etc is a very unreliable measure of popularity.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Interesting how after 20+ pages of complaining about how the UI sucks and has no information, someone posts a video with a mod that gives buff/debuff info, damage on screen, hp/magika/stamina values and percentages, etc... and nobody cares anymore
    I was just about to post that exact same statement. You beat me to it. It is quite funny isnt it?

Deleted
    NDA is gone!

Woohoo.