Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    This. Also ESO's Coldharbour would fit the surreal fantasy type as well, only that it's a dreadful wasteland kind, not the flowery kind.
    IMO that's the best way when a "surreal" landscape works best - when it's a SMALL/unique area that's a subset of the real world. Rather like Hermaeus Mora's realm in Dragonborn for Skyrim. There's the normal land... then you get to drop into these facinating realms made completely of some living tar and entire castles made of decrepid books. Beautiful to enter, but NOT a place you want to spend in.

It's how I felt about WoW possibly having a "Emerald Nightmare" expansion. The artistic side of me would LOVE to see the absoulte insanity that could transpire with such a surreal landscape - But the realist in me knows better than to want to spend over a year wandering around Wackyland...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Personal preference. I prefer surreal fantasy type areas.
    Stuff like this from TERA is what I love.
    I knew what was in those screenshots before clicking them :P Absolutely no offence meant but the avatar and signature gave it away :P

My personal opinion, I think the surreal fairy tale lands have been overdone (in mmo's that is). Mostly because almost every Asian MMO is using that style. And western mmos go for a more cartoony feel.

That said, I have absolutely no problem with that complaint, different strokes for different people.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-02-17 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Coldharbour can we get any pics of that? Based off the shoddycast vid from earlier they are allowing post lvl 17 content to be released.... just not streamed
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I played the beta for about 10 minutes. Best part was creating the character. I do think it's really cool how you seem to be able to use any weapons of your choosing. I didn't play enough to see any real progression because I felt disconnected from the enemies during combat - is this how it was in Skyrim b/c I'm glad I didn't buy it if it was. On the surface it seems like just another MMO and I sure as hell don't have a bizillion hours to dedicate for the same game I've played in other MMOs just with a different cover. I'd love to see some sort of new MMO gameplay or advancements which is why I'm checking this thread but I haven't seen anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Speaking of Coldharbour can we get any pics of that? Based off the shoddycast vid from earlier they are allowing post lvl 17 content to be released.... just not streamed
    meh, think of oblivion, but instead of reds it's blues.. oh and less lava

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    meh, think of oblivion, but instead of reds it's blues.. oh and less lava
    ESO Expansion confirmed!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I found a few trips back into oblivion and was upset... I didn't get to climb those towers to find teh sigil stone at the top D:

oh and When I met a certain daedric entity there was a distinct lack of butterflies and cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I played the beta for about 10 minutes. Best part was creating the character. I do think it's really cool how you seem to be able to use any weapons of your choosing. I didn't play enough to see any real progression because I felt disconnected from the enemies during combat - is this how it was in Skyrim b/c I'm glad I didn't buy it if it was. On the surface it seems like just another MMO and I sure as hell don't have a bizillion hours to dedicate for the same game I've played in other MMOs just with a different cover. I'd love to see some sort of new MMO gameplay or advancements which is why I'm checking this thread but I haven't seen anything yet.
    Your not gonna find any game that is interesting after 10 min.....
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Your not gonna find any game that is interesting after 10 min.....
    I've found a bunch. Thomas Was Alone, Super Hexagon, Rise of the Triad, and a number of games that in the first few minutes of the game engaged the fuck out of me and got me interested as hell. MMO's, it's less common, only really had Tera and TSW engage and interest me for various reasons, but it's still absolutely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've found a bunch. Thomas Was Alone, Super Hexagon, Rise of the Triad, and a number of games that in the first few minutes of the game engaged the fuck out of me and got me interested as hell. MMO's, it's less common, only really had Tera and TSW engage and interest me for various reasons, but it's still absolutely possible.
    TSW is gonna drive me crazy.... also, for anyone actually playing it and using youtube. Be very careful with how you look up mission help. My youtube feed is now full of supposed rituals acts, weird death scenarios, and anything related to the supposed real world versions of teh in game factions.... and mostly Miley cyrus twerking for some reason.... it's apparently an illuminati ritual performance... I only wanted to find out how to get the rocket launcher in game >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    yes but how long did it take you to beat those games? I can't think of many games that can keep peoples attention and be fun for as long as ESO has..... I'm not sure how long it took other people but it took me over 10 hours to hit lvl 10

yes but how long did it take you to beat those games? I can't think of many games that can keep peoples attention and be fun for as long as ESO has..... I'm not sure how long it took other people but it took me over 10 hours to hit lvl 10
    Well I have about 750 hrs played on Skyrim :P And it was love at first sight. Buuuuut, Skyrim is Skyrim and without modding I'm not really sure how long i'd stick to it.

The only mmo that hooked me immediately was WoW, but it was also my first mmo so... I got an internet connection just so I could play WoW back then.

EDIT: ESO not included in the above list, my opinion on the game has not been fully formed.

Deleted
    need more explosions in first 3 minutes!!!, and zombie dragons!!
    people who are bored after 10 minutes of mmo, without any skills, or gear makes me laugh, don't bother with mmos guys, CoD is for you.

I wonder how the servers or server. will be on launch day. Im thinking a lot of login issues and very laggy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I wonder how the servers or server. will be on launch day. Im thinking a lot of login issues and very laggy?
    Possibly but the last few Beta's have been decent with around a million getting on

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    need more explosions in first 3 minutes!!!, and zombie dragons!!
    people who are bored after 10 minutes of mmo, without any skills, or gear makes me laugh, don't bother with mmos guys, CoD is for you.
    The fact that it's apparently "ok" for MMO's to be boring from the start is a serious fucking issue with the genre. This isn't leveled at ESO exclusively, but this is a critique of the genre as a whole.

MMO's are typically 'boring' initially because the first few levels are generally some form of tutorial. Though that's usually the case for single player games as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it's apparently "ok" for MMO's to be boring from the start is a serious fucking issue with the genre. This isn't leveled at ESO exclusively, but this is a critique of the genre as a whole.
    Edge I usually agree with you but with a statement such as that I disagree with you regarding that subject.

MMO's are huge, often have RPG elements and take a lot of dev time to create. With release dates they cannot polish every little aspect, nobody said it was okay for it to be boring but the thing is that they have a lot to focus on and they full well know things like end game will either make or break an MMO regarding subs. The people who can't sit through a starter zone were never going to enjoy an MMO anyways, they have low attention spans and are not suited for it.

I often find myself guilty of a low attention span unless something really interests me. I liked ESO a lot but didn't want to spoil the game to much for myself so I can enjoy it more the first time round. I played WoW back in Vanilla and all I have to say is fuck Mulgore, Tirisfal, parts of Durotar, parts of Tedrassil. They were boring but I powerhoused through them (still do on a private server) because the game is worth it and I think many will find ESO is too.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    just follow the story and you can play this like single player rpg game. I wasn't bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    MMO's are typically 'boring' initially because the first few levels are generally some form of tutorial. Though that's usually the case for single player games as well.
    This!

The only times I've found early levels in any RPG type of progression system to not be boring is when you can blitz through them like nothing or the system as incredibly and drastically different from what I've grown use to.

Can;t make something draw everyone in with as much as can be put in within such a short time (relative to what we'll be doing) so why not focus on other things?